SPOILERS: The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion

Wendy Pleakley

I did not love the big spiders. But after LOTR and Harry Potter, I guess everyone needs their take on it. But these were particularly fast and freaky, I'll give you that.

That said, I still found the Baby eating the eggs that are the only hope for this poor lizard lady's race's future far more upsetting. And not funny.

I agree, the eating of the eggs being played for laughs didn't feel right. Reminds of the scene in Last Jedi when Chewbacca eats a Porg and they're watching him eat their relative with puppy dog eyes, also played for laughs.

I came to the same conclusion as you, as did many people, that they're likely setting up Baby Yoda to regurgitate and save the eggs.

Wendy Pleakley

The eggs weren't fertilized yet, no? That makes them equivalent to our usual chicken eggs.

Good point, but in the show they were portrayed as being very precious and needing to be protected & kept warm, so it still came across as inappropriate or odd for Baby Yoda to be casually popping them down.

I can't believe I'm discussing the minutiae of whether or not it's appropriate for a Baby Yoda to eat the eggs of a giant frog woman.

Robbiem

I did not love the big spiders. But after LOTR and Harry Potter, I guess everyone needs their take on it. But these were particularly fast and freaky, I'll give you that.

I think they were a live action version of the Kyrkna from Rebels, which dates back to ideas from empire strikes back so another fun fan easter egg 😀

dreday3

Good point, but in the show they were portrayed as being very precious and needing to be protected & kept warm, so it still came across as inappropriate or odd for Baby Yoda to be casually popping them down.

I can't believe I'm discussing the minutiae of whether or not it's appropriate for a Baby Yoda to eat the eggs of a giant frog woman.

Either it's setting up he's saving them or like I said earlier, showing that he's not necessarily all "good" and can be tempted, pushes boundaries. I don't think it was just for forced laughs... but it made us laugh. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Either it's setting up he's saving them or like I said earlier, showing that he's not necessarily all "good" and can be tempted, pushes boundaries. I don't think it was just for forced laughs... but it made us laugh. ;)
BY also force choked Cara Dune because BY though Cara was attacking Mando.

Babies are dangerous.

Also, BY did nothing but sip soup when Mando and Cara actually did fight when they first met.

Babies just like to see the world burn.

Jon81uk

After discussion on another thread where someone was not happy that the X-men movies featuring some nudity of Wolverine and as much bad language is permitted in a 12/13 rated movie, I found it interesting that Disney rated the most recent Mandolorian episode as 14+ and it featured some pretty terrifying spiders. For me the "horror" of the spiders is worse than nudity.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
After discussion on another thread where someone was not happy that the X-men movies featuring some nudity of Wolverine and as much bad language is permitted in a 12/13 rated movie, I found it interesting that Disney rated the most recent Mandolorian episode as 14+ and it featured some pretty terrifying spiders. For me the "horror" of the spiders is worse than nudity.
On the linear Disney Channel, an ad for the Mandalorian said it may not be suitable for young children.

BAChicagoGal

Baby Yoda is indeed like a two year old. Mando has his hands full trying to go about his business, and keep his eyes on the child. Felt a bit sorry for the lady frog as she clutched her eggs, and immediately after the child swallowed one. I am enjoying the new season of the Mandalorian.

BAChicagoGal

Mando is obviously not a dad. He has no parenting experience. The average child will push a parent to their limits. I find it quite comical. Except for the times that the child has almost gotten everyone killed.

MarvelCharacterNerd

It was a kid with his hand being caught in the cookie jar over and over. Not sure what all the fuss is over.
A comment quoted in this article put it best - it's not like eating chicken eggs. For this poor frog lady, it's more like ruining her hopes of in vitro fertilization that she will never get back: (Plus genocide.)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ends-mandalorian-controversial-012013966.html

And per this article, yeah, it was done for 'comedic effect'. For reference, I didn't find the Baby eating live frogs amusing either.

Timmay

A comment quoted in this article put it best - it's not like eating chicken eggs. For this poor frog lady, it's more like ruining her hopes of in vitro fertilization that she will never get back: (Plus genocide.)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ends-mandalorian-controversial-012013966.html

And per this article, yeah, it was done for 'comedic effect'. For reference, I didn't find the Baby eating live frogs amusing either.
Maybe she should have taken better care of them.

Timmay

All the craziness in the world today and people are in an uproar over The Child’s diet? He was seen trying to eat frogs in the first season, and now he is eating frog eggs. Perhaps this is his natural diet? Do we expect a lion to eat mac n cheese? No, they eat gazelles. This is the way...
Plus...children, you know if you have had one, are consistently attempting to put everything they can into their mouths. Everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom