Help me Sell DHS over USF to my Family

Tay

So my grandmother wants to celebrate Christmas in Orlando. This is her first Christmas without my grandfather who loved Christmas and she doesn’t want to be home. They had a mini Osbourne Lights for years. My cousins and I want to go to the parks but I know MK and IOA will be at capacity early.

They love USF. We’ve been to USF every year for 10 years straight I’m sick of tbh because I’m a Disney girl . I wouldn’t mind going there but just want a different experience. We have never been to the other three parks. Once we grew out of MK we just went to US.

We will def try for MK first but if not they will want to go back to USF if MK is at capacity.

Disney has drastically cut their offerings without cutting their prices meanwhile Universal hasn’t cut much which makes the argument harder. So help me out.

epcotisbest

So my grandmother wants to celebrate Christmas in Orlando. This is her first Christmas without my grandfather who loved Christmas and she doesn’t want to be home. They had a mini Osbourne Lights for years. My cousins and I want to go to the parks but I know MK and IOA will be at capacity early.

They love USF. We’ve been to USF every year for 10 years straight I’m sick of tbh because I’m a Disney girl . I wouldn’t mind going there but just want a different experience. We have never been to the other three parks. Once we grew out of MK we just went to US.

We will def try for MK first but if not they will want to go back to USF if MK is at capacity.

Disney has drastically cut their offerings without cutting their prices meanwhile Universal hasn’t cut much which makes the argument harder. So help me out.

You said it was your grandmother's first Christmas without grandfather. Do what grandmother wants. Nothing else matters. End of discussion.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
You said it was your grandmother's first Christmas without grandfather. Do what grandmother wants. Nothing else matters. End of discussion.
She wants to got to MK but not sure we can get into MK on Christmas. Her and my grandfather always wanted to go on Christmas Day. Of the remaining three, I think DHS would be a good alternative but the rest of my family is a Universal family.
^^^^^ THIS X2 Christmas in Hogsmeade with warm butterbeer sounds lovely if that's where she wants to go.
Actually she hates Universal and stopped going with us to the parks when we switched from MK to Uni 10 years ago but she’ll probably want to go with us wherever we go. It’s more about convincing my siblings, parents, and cousins etc who aren’t as reasonable as me.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If your grandma wants MK then check for park reservations NOW and if available purchase tickets and reserve it! (Not sure if you were aware but at this time you cannot just go to a park you need a reservation for that park on that day ahead of time)

If there is no availability then ask her what her next choice would be.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
If you have park tickets you can make park reservations. You can't just show up at any Disney park without a reservation
I know and didn’t plan on it. I’ve heard reservations for MK are almost full for Christmas and don’t plan on purchasing tickets until 2 weeks before we leave. I’m not sure MK reservations will be available 2 weeks before Christmas. Planning on ironing out the details at Thanksgiving and just wanted help in selling my family on which theme park to pick if there are no MK reservations available. My dad just asked me to look into this a few days ago.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I know and didn’t plan on it. I’ve heard reservations for MK are almost full for Christmas and don’t plan on purchasing tickets until 2 weeks before we leave. I’m not sure MK reservations will be available 2 weeks before Christmas. Planning on ironing out the details at Thanksgiving and just wanted help in selling my family on which theme park to pick if there are no MK reservations available. My dad just asked me to look into this a few days ago.

No likely there won't be reservations left only 2 weeks out.
If MK is the priority for grandma who would be getting the most out of this trip then I'd check right now for park reservations and if there are enough available then I'd call everyone right now and say this is the plan.

Otherwise I'd go with your GRANDMA'S next choice but even if its HS you're gonna need a park reservation.... (FYI HS has actually been the most difficult to get a reservation for)

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
I just looked at the calendar and neither DHS or MK are available on Christmas Day but MK is Christmas Eve.
1605128961770.gif

Hoping they make more reservations available near Christmas unless it’s back to Uni for the millionth time. At least I won’t be forced to go on Fast and the Furious.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I just looked at the calendar and neither DHS or MK are available on Christmas Day but MK is Christmas Eve.
View attachment 512185
Hoping they make more reservations available near Christmas unless it’s back to Uni for the millionth time. At least I won’t be forced to go on Fast and the Furious.

To me this seems like a YOU vs the other members of your family which is selfish on both sides.
This should still be grandma's choice.
If she hates Universal then ask if she'd rather go to EPCOT, AK, Seaworld, Legoland, heck even somewhere like Homosassa Springs or Weeki Wachee Springs etc.
Ask her and then inform everyone where you will all be headed based on her preference.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly...unless you’re a local...traveling to Orlando this year at Christmas is 100% inadvisable.

If you are local...I’d suggest Epcot. Even in its diminished current state, Epcot is the best themepark design in history. We tend to forget that...but shouldn’t.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
No likely there won't be reservations left only 2 weeks out.
If MK is the priority for grandma who would be getting the most out of this trip then I'd check right now for park reservations and if there are enough available then I'd call everyone right now and say this is the plan.

Otherwise I'd go with your GRANDMA'S next choice but even if its HS you're gonna need a park reservation.... (FYI HS has actually been the most difficult to get a reservation for)
I see, I forgot how in demand ROR still is. MK is everyone’s priority but I need a backup plan just in case because I’m the planner. She just asked my dad to ask me this a few days ago. If her heart is set on Christmas and she wants to do Disney then the choice would have to be Epcot. Which she’ll like better anyway than DHS or Uni.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
Honestly...unless you’re a local...traveling to Orlando this year at Christmas is 100% inadvisable.

If you are local...I’d suggest Epcot. Even in its diminished current state, Epcot is the best themepark design in history. We tend to forget that...but shouldn’t.
I know and don’t want to but she really wants to do this. My grandad really wanted to go before he died. We were supposed to go in June but then he got sicker and Disney was closed. Plus our city is just as bad as Orlando with Covid cases.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know and don’t want to but she really wants to do this. My grandad really wanted to go before he died. We were supposed to go in June but then he got sicker and Disney was closed. Plus our city is just as bad as Orlando with Covid cases.

This is why it’s worrisome. I wonder if your GF would want her taking risks now that could potentially endanger HER health?

Sorry...I’m being the heavy and it’s not personal at all...I respect your thoughts and the position your family is in. Just don’t want to see more suffering at all.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
This is why it’s worrisome. I wonder if your GF would want her taking risks now that could potentially endanger HER health?

Sorry...I’m being the heavy and it’s not personal at all...I respect your thoughts and the position your family is in. Just don’t want to see more suffering at all.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Our state opened up early and she’s been out and about since May and going to restaurants and everything. She’s been wearing a mask of course unlike most people here. I’m trying to be the voice of reason even though I love theme parks. I’m trying to find something else that is safe to do but right now this is the plan. She lost her sister the day after my granddad died and has been quite down.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Our state opened up early and she’s been out and about since May and going to restaurants and everything. She’s been wearing a mask of course unlike most people here. I’m trying to be the voice of reason even though I love theme parks. I’m trying to find something else that is safe to do but right now this is the plan. She lost her sister the day after my granddad died and has been quite down.

Tough situation. No doubt.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Just to add my two cents, MK on Christmas Eve is still open for ticket holders and onsite guests, and Park hours are 8 am to 10 pm. Christmas Eve can be so Magical, too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom