News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

castlecake2.0

Xandarians heard that Epcot was a showcase of technology, they show up to show off their galaxarium featuring the creation of the universe.

GotG show up and high jinks ensue, save the universe, yada yada.

Backward launch (oops! probably means going back in time to the Big Bang).

End up in the gravity building which has lots of loops so that your vehicle can turn to face the feature in the loop.

80's 70's Rock 'n Roll.

The end.
No gift shop?

celluloid

I don't want to pretend to know Pratt's scheduele business, but Jurassic World Dominion just finished filming, so that would free up filming content media for the attraction or accelerate what little is already done.(if any)

ChewbaccaYourMum

I don't want to pretend to know Pratt's scheduele business, but Jurassic World Dominion just finished filming, so that would free up filming content media for the attraction or accelerate what little is already done.(if any)
I have no idea if this is true, but I think they're waiting till they're filming Guardians 3, and then they'll film whatever they need for the ride? I'm no insider at all, but this makes the most sense. They should start filming the new movie by sometime in the next 2 years, so we shall see?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have no idea if this is true, but I think they're waiting till they're filming Guardians 3, and then they'll film whatever they need for the ride? I'm no insider at all, but this makes the most sense. They should start filming the new movie by sometime in the next 2 years, so we shall see?
While filming scenes for the ride at the same time at a GotG film is in production is convenient, it is not necessary.

Each actor's scene is filmed individually in front of a green/blue screen. So, Disney can arrange for one day for the actor to come in, get in make-up and read off half a dozen lines. For Rocket and Groot, the actors only need to head to nearby sound studio.

UNCgolf

While filming scenes for the ride at the same time at a GotG film is in production is convenient, it is not necessary.

Each actor's scene is filmed individually in front of a green/blue screen. So, Disney can arrange for one day for the actor to come in, get in make-up and read off half a dozen lines. For Rocket and Groot, the actors only need to head to nearby sound studio.

This is a lie.

Of course they need Rocket Raccoon on set; how else would you film him? You can't just make a CGI raccoon. You have to film him live.

Next you're going to try to tell me that Tom Hanks didn't film scenes with Lyndon Johnson and John Lennon for Forrest Gump. :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is a lie.

Of course they need Rocket Raccoon on set; how else would you film him? You can't just make a CGI raccoon. You have to film him live.

Next you're going to try to tell me that Tom Hanks didn't film scenes with Lyndon Johnson and John Lennon for Forrest Gump. :rolleyes:
well.... ;)

akhklsclhqi01.jpg

CJR

It's also possible they might be appearing in another Marvel movie, ahead of Guardians 3. The actors usually have six film contracts and I'm counting five movies, including Guardians 3. Given a certain character's placement at the end of Endgame, it's very possible we'll see them again before Vol 3. That's just a guess though.

Magic Feather

It was long rumored that a third (technically fourth I guess) iteration of the Universe of Energy show was proposed and shot down for the spinny space coaster. New films and an overhaul to the tech is I believe all that insiders ever said on here.
Big Bang was always a coaster IIRC. Guardians just got folded in, and helped to get the project put on the frontlines.

Unfortunately, I never saw (not that I see everything) a major update that would have kept the traveling theaters in Energy. The theaters caused their fair share of downtime, but usually the relative unpopularity of the attraction enabled them to get away with it. Until it broke down on the final ride of course, haha.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Big Bang was always a coaster IIRC. Guardians just got folded in, and helped to get the project put on the frontlines.

Unfortunately, I never saw (not that I see everything) a major update that would have kept the traveling theaters in Energy. The theaters caused their fair share of downtime, but usually the relative unpopularity of the attraction enabled them to get away with it. Until it broke down on the final ride of course, haha.
I think there’s confusion with what become Ellen’s Energy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom