News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DreamfinderGuy

When you walk by it, from what you can see over the wall, the front still looks like a gutted empty shell of what it used to be.
All that’s visible from Future World now is roughly the footprint of the Energy pre show room, and that in itself has has a lot of construction going on for the Guardians Queue’s Galaxarium. A gutted empty shell would be what it looked like a few years ago.

montyz81

Looks very roomy.
Not as roomy as this:
1604673789598.png

aliceismad

I don't think the ride will be long enough to play 80s music. Maybe they could play part of one song. Playing it in the queue seems possible, although I don't know if they'd want to pay to license that music. Orchestral would be cheaper.

Also the movies have really been 70s music (with a bit from the 60s) rather than 80s but I get your point.
The music is integral to the movies, and the soundtracks are fantastic. I can't imagine the ride not incorporating music in some way, if the ride is supposed to mimic the movies in some way. There is very deliberate use of music in the movies. I mean, "you shouldn't have killed my mom and squished my walkman."

michmousefan

The music is integral to the movies, and the soundtracks are fantastic. I can't imagine the ride not incorporating music in some way, if the ride is supposed to mimic the movies in some way. There is very deliberate use of music in the movies. I mean, "you shouldn't have killed my mom and squished my walkman."
Music is a huge part of the Mission Breakout ride at DCA as well.

SplashJacket

I know dual load is a lot better for capacity sake, but I am really excited to see what the station actually looks like for this. Dual load stations obviously have to be substantially bigger than single load to it'll be interesting to see what approach is taken. The exception to this rule is BTM but no way they're going to do that.

The Tron load station is super cool:
1604692643429.jpeg

I also wonder what approach will be taken for getting people to the load. Elevator preshow, stairs, ramps, etc. There are elevation changes in this concept, so that's interesting.

1604692642586.png

DreamfinderGuy

If you dig through this thread (at least I'm pretty sure it was this thread), Martin did a doodle of the gravity building as well as the Energy pavilion. Dual load around the theatre 1 area, preshow theatres near theatre 2, and the backwards launch around Diorama 1 is all I remember from it.

PostScott

If you dig through this thread (at least I'm pretty sure it was this thread), Martin did a doodle of the gravity building as well as the Energy pavilion. Dual load around the theatre 1 area, preshow theatres near theatre 2, and the backwards launch around Diorama 1 is all I remember from it.
Okay wait, can someone list all (or most of) the elements of the ride? I feel like people on here have insider scoops. Knew this was gonna be a cool coaster but don't know much about it. I need reasons to get really excited rn lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom