News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Sharon&Susan

Well, I stand corrected again. Where is this one from and when?

Disney needs to get their signage and their listings in sync. This is Toy Story Midway Mania / Toy Story Mania all over again.
It's the 1994-2012 version of the Magic Kingdom version. I'm not a WDW guy, but from a quick look it seems like the "Scary Adventures" name was pretty universally used on marketing materials, maps, etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's the 1994-2012 version of the Magic Kingdom version. I'm not a WDW guy, but from a quick look it seems like the "Scary Adventures" name was pretty universally used on marketing materials, maps, etc.
Here's a map without "scary"

1604476013643.png

1604476085482.png

Then there's this, which is supposed to be DL's...

1604476338034.png

And MK's...

1604477074982.png

Californian Elitist

There. That’s all your response needed.

Huh? What does that mean?

I think it’s a typo and it was meant to read, “I don’t have a history with the park.” I could be wrong though.

Well, I stand corrected again. Where is this one from and when?

Disney needs to get their signage and their listings in sync. This is Toy Story Midway Mania / Toy Story Mania all over again.

Or you need to look up correct information before mocking someone regarding the park, especially when you’re challenging someone who’s been to the park multiple times and you’ve either never been or only been once or twice, and not recently.

The mocking is tiring.

FerretAfros

Here's a map without "scary"

View attachment 510460

View attachment 510461

Then there's this, which is supposed to be DL's...

View attachment 510462

And MK's...

View attachment 510463
Since the post you're responding to clearly says the MK version had that name from 1994 to 2012, how about we use a map from that era? Here's one from July 1999:
magic-kingdom-guidemap-1999-july-05.jpg

Attraction #29 is clearly labeled as Snow White's Scary Adventures, as the attraction was known during that period, both in print and on park signage.
capture.jpg

The map you used was developed prior to the parks opening for early marketing, does not include the 1975 Tomorrowland projects, and takes several "artistic liberties" with the final design of the various buildings and facilities throughout the park. Of course it doesn't use the attraction name that wasn't used at MK until 1994.

C'mon, man. You know better.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Since the post you're responding to clearly says the MK version had that name from 1994 to 2012, how about we use a map from that era? Here's one from July 1999:
magic-kingdom-guidemap-1999-july-05.jpg

Attraction #29 is clearly labeled as Snow White's Scary Adventures, as the attraction was known during that period, both in print and on park signage.
View attachment 510500

The map you used was developed prior to the parks opening for early marketing, does not include the 1975 Tomorrowland projects, and takes several "artistic liberties" with the final design of the various buildings and facilities throughout the park. Of course it doesn't use the attraction name that wasn't used at MK until 1994.

C'mon, man. You know better.
Well, I'm willing to learn but I'm getting mixed information.

Was not the picture I linked that of the front of MK's facade which leaves out "scary"?

180º

Well, I'm willing to learn but I'm getting mixed information.

Was not the picture I linked that of the front of MK's facade which leaves out "scary"?
I’m not sure what other proof I can add that hasn’t already been posted, but it’s no mystery that California’s and Florida’s respective 1983 and 1994 refurbs both changed the name to “Snow White’s Scary Adventures.” The more you know, I guess?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I’m not sure what other proof I can add that hasn’t already been posted, but it’s no mystery that California’s and Florida’s respective 1983 and 1994 refurbs both changed the name to “Snow White’s Scary Adventures.” The more you know, I guess?
Well I knew that DL's added Scary.

And I knew that MK's was built without Scary.

I didn't know MK added Scary.

I'll go cancel my AP.

Oh wait. Did that months ago.

180º

Well I knew that DL's added Scary.

And I knew that MK's was built without Scary.

I didn't know MK added Scary.

I'll go cancel my AP.

Oh wait. Did that months ago.
I hear if a CM asks you to name the original sponsor of the Enchanted Tiki Room and you can’t do it, BAM. Pass revoked and walked off property!

Stevek

Well, then, I stand corrected. I should have said the attraction never had 'scary'... until more recently.

Since it was the 1983 redesign which added "scary."

None of the other parks ever had "scary" in the ride's name, just like DL never had it originally.

But I guess y'all don't have a history with the park.
Is 1983 considered more recently? It's only like 37 years ago so over half of the of the Ride/Park's existence had the name.

TP2000

I wonder how they market this once Disneyland reopens? Because when Disneyland does reopen they'll be restricted to only 25% of their park capacity. So do you bother trying to market something like this? Or do you just open it when Disneyland reopens and not really mention it?

I imagine there was originally supposed to be at least a moderate marketing push for this revamped ride, if only with the Bloggers and Social Media superfans, with maybe some local TV spots as a fun little story to run late in the newscast.

LastoneOn

If the reopen campaign emphasis is on locals, it would probably be worthwhile to mention the NEWLY refurbed attraction because you guys around there would have more recent experience with it prior to refurb. More of a carrot to get you in than it might be for first timers or less frequent visitors from civilizations far far away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom