SPOILERS: The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion

Joesixtoe

Boba Fett at the end is probably the "Mandalorian" that the gangster guy in the beginning was talking about with whom could help Mando with finding a jedi. That's why the guy said there is a Mandalorian there, trust me. That's one reason this isn't a throw away episode, another is the Mandalorian armor and how this will probably translate with Boba Fett cause Boba Fett isn't really a Mandalorian I believe.

champdisney

Im so confused as to what changed once disney took over. I thought boba had all beskar as thats what he took off of jango. Another example, in the EU, mandalore was a planet of warriors and now its pacifist? I just pretend now that the EU is canon and anything i dont like is another universe like marvel haha its all fantasy after all, right?
Remember, Jango Fett wasn’t born a Mandalorian. Just like Mando, he was adopted into the creed at a very young age and learned their ways. Eventually becoming the very best. The first suit of armor Jango donned for battle was one that he had killed off from another Mandalorian that was from a rival tribe. Later on, when he got a taste of being the best, he commissioned the armor that he is known for which was made entirely from durasteel. A faux version of beskar.
Boba Fett isn't really a Mandalorian I believe.
Correcto electro.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Pretty sure I heard Jon and Dave have most of the control here and she focused on the Sequels.

It really shows too.

Pretty sure the directors who created the recent films some fans don't like had most of the control and yet she still gets the blame.

So, why isn't she getting the blame for a well-like success?

She gets the blame for picking 'bad' directors but doesn't get the credit for picking 'good' directors?

She greenlit Jon and Dave and put ILM at their service to create 'The Volume.' Jon gives credit to her in the 'making of Mandalorian' series.

Does anyone think that Iger told Kennedy, "I demand that you give Jon and Dave this project!" Does anyone then want to cheer on Iger and hope he stays even more years?

Mike S

Pretty sure the directors who created the recent films some fans don't like had most of the control and yet she still gets the blame.

She gets the blame for picking 'bad' directors but doesn't get the credit for picking 'good' directors?

She greenlit Jon and Dave and put ILM at their service to create 'The Volume.' Jon gives credit to her in the 'making of Mandalorian' series.

Does anyone think that Iger told Kennedy, "I demand that you give Jon and Dave this project!" Does anyone then want to cheer on Iger and hope he stays even more years?
People mostly liked TFA and that actually was pretty much a corporate made movie. Kennedy was then given full reigns with RJ for TLJ and we all know what happened there. She was smart to pick Jon and Dave for the series. She was also smart to stay out of it herself and let them do their thing. Anyone can do that at this point and just let them continue.

champdisney

It’s been reported time after time that Kennedy isn’t that much involved with the series. If not at all. You read insider news reports, you should know this.

Kennedy’s name appears in the credits through association because she is the head of Lucasfilm. They need to make it appear as if she is involved someway - somehow. It’s common knowledge in the filmmaking business that (executive) producers aren’t one to be on set all the time. Kennedy just happens not to be on set for The Mandalorian at all. At least, I haven’t read any reports let alone seen a picture of her on set. What I have seen is Favreau, Filoni and even George Lucas on set. All of them looked to be having a joyous time creating something truly special in the Star Wars franchise. For all fans can enjoy with absolutely no political agendas attached. That’s the difference between this show and the sequels.

Speaking of being political. Jon Favreau crediting K. Kennedy for The Mandalorian is what you call being politically correct. To ensure that he maintains a healthy business relationship with her in order for him to continue the work he’s doing on the show.

flynnibus

Premium Member

How about because the sequels were loaded with everything she was pitching and defending...

while she seems to have zero involvement here. Even in the gallery series she couldn’t really find anything to say about her involvement.

jon is the one playing lead... and based on the discussion in the gallery series... the directors were plugging into stuff provided for them

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
One should also consider that there are things coming up in the series that have already been spoiled by teasers, previews, and leaks.

Caution!

dreday3

One should also consider that there are things coming up in the series that have already been spoiled by teasers, previews, and leaks.

Caution!
I was never complaining about it being spoiled. The guy acted like something was wrong with me because I didn't already know, just pointing out not everyone did.

But now I know its because I'm not cool. ;)

Looking forward to next episode!

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Saw this floating around on FB
FB_IMG_1604364729255.jpg

erasure fan1

Nothing indicates that Kennedy has anything to do with the Mandalorian. And if I remember right, shes even said she isn't involved in the TV side of things. Kennedy is wrong for star wars, plain and simple. And her apparent lack of input or involvement in the Mandalorian kind of proves that since it's the best star wars to come out of Disney.

sedati

Great episode.
Though if it had Rian Johnson's name on it we'd be hearing about how pointless the whole thing was as the first thing we see the Krayt Dragon do is eat a Bantha- something we're also shown the Tusken's do on purpose. Yet it takes the whole episode and countless lives to realize that a Bantha Bomb was the solution to all their problems.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nothing indicates that Kennedy has anything to do with the Mandalorian. And if I remember right, shes even said she isn't involved in the TV side of things. Kennedy is wrong for star wars, plain and simple. And her apparent lack of input or involvement in the Mandalorian kind of proves that since it's the best star wars to come out of Disney.
I guess Dave and Jon hired themselves? Or was this a fan project?

Wendy Pleakley

On the topic of spoilers, my personal suggestion is to keep discussion to the content of the episode(s) aired so far. Confirming that it is in fact Boba Fett seems fine (it's fairly obvious) but skip links to news articles or talking about future episodes based on what one has read I.e. don't say "I love Boba Fett and can't wait to see him do such and such cool thing in episode 13 that I read about online".

Fun episode. Not much else to say about it really. The nice thing about a Star Wars TV show is the ability to just have big fun action episodes with minimal story points. With a movie, you can't afford to "waste" time on something that doesn't move the story forward in big ways.

I do find it interesting that some people complain about the movies being too much "fan servicing" but love episodes like this, that are overflowing with nostalgia and references.

Mike S

Here’s another point I just saw. The explosion of the second Death Star as seen in this episode doesn’t leave debris, just like in RotJ. If KK was really in charge here I’m sure that would’ve been changed so it could tie in with RoS. When asked on Twitter someone in LucasFilm said they purposely wanted to tie that scene to RotJ. Basically saying without saying, we’re ignoring the sequels ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I guess Dave and Jon hired themselves? Or was this a fan project?

She wasn't responsible for bring either of them into Disney or the Star Wars fold. Sure she had to be involved in green-lighting a live action star wars TV series and putting Jon in charge... but by all accounts so far she's had almost nothing to do with the creative of this project. And Jon pitched the show's premise, he wasn't given it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom