The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Did you see the list Tonight of all the shows Where cast has been permanently let go beyond Lion King! A massacre Of contract performers gone. I’m sad for them.
This actually pis** me off. Because they decided to reenable executive bonus, payments and stock buybacks instead of actually helping hold what makes Disney... Disney. aka their cast members.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This actually pis** me off. Because they decided to reenable executive bonus, payments and stock buybacks instead of actually helping hold what makes Disney... Disney. aka their cast members.
Stock buybacks I understand as it strengthens the firms financial stability in shaky times. Dividends Are a contract with certain stocks when purchased with criteria.

Now restoring executive salaries just before massive layoffs was Highly questionable timing. I love the performers. They are so talented. And yet I don’t know how these shows can social distance. How to keep guests social distant. Lion King for example they are lifting and tumbling as one
Some of these venues of performers would be Super Spreaders. Yet I find it gut wrenching for all of them that got their letters today. So similar to the airline employees. My neighbor here works for what was GoGo Internet as an engineer. They do airline internet. A major chunk of airplanes are parked and have been for months. So many life’s taking hits.

Cesar R M

Stock buybacks I understand as it strengthens the firms financial stability in shaky times. Dividends Are a contract with certain stocks when purchased with criteria.

Now restoring executive salaries just before massive layoffs was Highly questionable timing. I love the performers. They are so talented. And yet I don’t know how these shows can social distance. How to keep guests social distant. Lion King for example they are lifting and tumbling as one
Some of these venues of performers would be Super Spreaders. Yet I find it gut wrenching for all of them that got their letters today. So similar to the airline employees. My neighbor here works for what was GoGo Internet as an engineer. They do airline internet. A major chunk of airplanes are parked and have been for months. So many life’s taking hits.
They have been doing buybacks all the time regardless if its "shaky times" or not.
They are just inflating the stock price artificially.

Songbird76

I was so upset with the Halloween blizzard last year. And this year, Halloween on Saturday, full moon, great looking forecast. Perfect year to make up for last year. But, with our numbers quickly rising, no trick or treat for our house, again. Maybe next year.
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? It doesn't really exist over here, but it's starting to catch on. A couple of years ago, a neighbor organized trick or treating on our 2 streets because her daughter (my daughter's best friend) LOVES all things creepy and strange and really really wanted to celebrate Halloween. And then last year I got about 5 trick or treaters I think. But I always buy candy, just in case. I don't know if anyone will let their kids go this year with Covid19. E decorated her room though.

Songbird76

Depending upon where you rent, sometimes (particularly in a house situation -- 2-3 units, or floors), people may have their own machines. We rent a small townhouse and have our own washer/dryer (we own those). I've also lived in apt. buildings for many years, and the laundry thing starts off annoying, but after a while you usually get into a routine with it. (Weekends are most busy in apt. buildings in the laundry rooms, so best to pick a weeknight.)
I lived in an apartment with no laundry facilities at all...you had to take your clothes to a laundromat. That is such a pain!!! Even worse if you don't have a running car. (Ah the joys of being a broke college student!)

Goofyernmost

I lived in an apartment with no laundry facilities at all...you had to take your clothes to a laundromat. That is such a pain!!! Even worse if you don't have a running car. (Ah the joys of being a broke college student!)
Not a joy, but definitely part of the process of life's experiences. Very few young people leave home with the washer and dryer packed in a bag. We all got through it and it gave us the incentive to do what we needed to do to improve our lives. Look what happens to those that were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. They get a distorted idea of what everyday life for everyday people is like. Of course, they don't need incentive because their wallets are already stuffed full of money.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Before I was married my apartment had laundry but only one washer and one dryer. Coin operated and down three flights . I usually lugged my laundry to the laundromat a couple minutes away, it was easier to take it there and be done in about an hour using multiple machines than spend a lot of the using the one machine. Or I went for a visit to my parents with my laundry! 🙂

Figgy1

Premium Member
Right there with ya. The building I am in is over 100 years old. The second story where the residential units are is about 35 years old as the new owners added a second floor.

the laundry room is 2 steep flights of stairs To the dungeon. We are on the honor system to pay $1 to wash and dry each With the rent.

I have grown to be comfy with the dungeon but it is real creepity
Maybe they're hoping you'll get some Slytherin to clean up their acts

MouseDreaming

Is Halloween your favorite holiday? It doesn't really exist over here, but it's starting to catch on. A couple of years ago, a neighbor organized trick or treating on our 2 streets because her daughter (my daughter's best friend) LOVES all things creepy and strange and really really wanted to celebrate Halloween. And then last year I got about 5 trick or treaters I think. But I always buy candy, just in case. I don't know if anyone will let their kids go this year with Covid19. E decorated her room though.
I love Halloween. I miss getting the kids costumes, and seeing their faces light up with excitement, when it was time to go trick or treating. Now that they are older, love it when the little ones come by. Brings back memories.

Instead, I will probably watch some scary movies. Still have pumpkins to carve. There are some houses by me really decked out. Might have to check some more of those out.

Tony the Tigger

@Tony the Tigger how are you, B and Kylie doing. We're sending some extra {{HUGS}} your way
I’m at urgent care right now for a rapid test.

Brian’s family are mostly of the political persuasion that minimizes the virus.

Last Wednesday, stepmom had dinner out with 2 people. One of them let her know on Friday morning that she couldn’t come to Dad’s service because she and her adult kids had tested positive.

Stepmom then proceeded to the church, where she hugged and cried on the whole family - at the entrance, the exit, and the one exception I made to hug her: the sign of peace.

We are all scrambling to get tested. She won’t.

So far her daughter has tested negative. So has our cousin. Brian and I went to CVS but it’s taking too long, so I’m at a clinic.

With all this, we have a rental booked (with Kylie) for the Central Florida superspreader event this weekend.

I feel fine - a little anxious and paranoid, a little run down yesterday, which happens from time to time, anyway.

Whole family peeved at stepmom. For this and other reasons.

Happy Wednesday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom