Downtown Disney District Extends to Buena Vista Street

mharrington

Here's the deal...
  1. Parks are closed for the foreseeable future.
  2. They will not close forever. Push that completely out of your mind.
  3. If there is a vaccine available widely (like, for everyone which most "in the know" believe there will), they will reopen by summer if not earlier.
  4. Layoffs were quite honestly over due. It made zero sense for Disney to keep hemmorhaging money.
  5. If these folks have not already found jobs by the time Disney opens, I'm confident they will welcome them back with open arms albeit gradually as they open up slowly.
  6. A year from now, we will all be reminiscing about the great Disneyland closure of 2020 and moaning about how packed the parks are again.

That's the thing: I really would rather not want to rave about the historical closure. As for the vaccine, that's the consensus in the media, that the parks may not reopen before summer. I can't fathom how people will rave about the parks being closed for a YEAR. I'm pretty sure some unofficial histories on the parks will talk about this, such as maybe David Koenig. It may be only for a paragraph or two or maybe a page, but they will not ignore this piece of history. Finally, the media insists that Disney is STILL hemorrhaging money just by keeping the parks closed. It has already announced a loss of $2 billion, which is huge.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's the thing: I really would rather not want to rave about the historical closure. As for the vaccine, that's the consensus in the media, that the parks may not reopen before summer. I can't fathom how people will rave about the parks being closed for a YEAR. I'm pretty sure some unofficial histories on the parks will talk about this, such as maybe David Koenig. It may be only for a paragraph or two or maybe a page, but they will not ignore this piece of history. Finally, the media insists that Disney is STILL hemorrhaging money just by keeping the parks closed. It has already announced a loss of $2 billion, which is huge.
That's $2B less profit in the last quarter, which made them break even.

It is not $2B net loss.

Did you read the financial reports like I said? Because you need to stop posting until you do so you stop spreading misinformation.

George Lucas on a Bench

Pretty much every Friday-Sunday now. I can't imagine bothering to visit unless it was a weekday afternoon.

It was sort of like normal on the Harbor side with foot traffic going in. I have never gone in to Downtown Disney Resort since they've reopened, but judging from the amount of people streaming in, there's obviously enough demand to reopen the parks despite what the small turnout of Recall Gaviners at that weird rally could lead you to believe.

I had been under the impression that Downtown Disney wasn't really drawing in that many people, but a part of me always believed that was Russian Disinformation considering all the traffic around the resort on weekends.

PostScott

Misinformation
"Fake News"

1603664031236.png

Stevek

It was sort of like normal on the Harbor side with foot traffic going in. I have never gone in to Downtown Disney Resort since they've reopened, but judging from the amount of people streaming in, there's obviously enough demand to reopen the parks despite what the small turnout of Recall Gaviners at that weird rally could lead you to believe.

I had been under the impression that Downtown Disney wasn't really drawing in that many people, but a part of me always believed that was Russian Disinformation considering all the traffic around the resort on weekends.
This is the norm every Friday-Sunday on Twitter. I don’t think anyone is questioning demand for the parks or quite honestly, anything Disney related. We made one trip early on.

Attachments

• E8C87CAD-E005-4610-BDA8-3698C87EEC2E.jpeg
    E8C87CAD-E005-4610-BDA8-3698C87EEC2E.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 62
  • B2181768-D1DA-483C-9110-272E3B502B35.jpeg
    B2181768-D1DA-483C-9110-272E3B502B35.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 51
  • AC0BB3FE-E12D-4A3F-AA4D-58439BBF0D47.jpeg
    AC0BB3FE-E12D-4A3F-AA4D-58439BBF0D47.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 60

Stevek

I’d really love to see them try one of 2 things with this opening.
1) takeover Award Wieners and do a Trader Sams pop up
2) temporarily introduce the Trader Sams drinks at Carthay

bottom line, I’m jonesing for my Trader Sams fix.

JustinSt

I’d really love to see them try one of 2 things with this opening.
1) takeover Award Wieners and do a Trader Sams pop up
2) temporarily introduce the Trader Sams drinks at Carthay

bottom line, I’m jonesing for my Trader Sams fix.
They could just open it.

Stevek

They could just open it.
Ideally yes. Unfortunately it appears that it won’t open until the hotel does...read that it would cause logistical issues, need for extra security. As I’ve said a couple places on here, if Disney felt they could make a profit they would open certain things.

fctiger

Wow sounds great!

This is really good news! I think it's nice to get a small taste of the park and hang out. In absolutely no rush to do it, but will like to see what happens the first few weeks. Maybe this will be pretty successful enough to try and open the rest of DCA and even DL. Better than nothing.

Funny though, if it wasn't BVS but the California Plaza or whatever they use to call the entrance to DCA was there, wouldn't bother, even if it was for free. Amazing how far a little atmosphere can go in a Disney park...it's nice they remembered that.

fctiger

But that proves that Disney doesn't need attractions to be successful.

No one is going to pay $100+ ticket for a day to just shop and eat. End of the day for 99.9% who goes to DL it's about the rides ultimately. Even Apers who has had passes for 30 years and rode everything a hundred times, trust me, very few of them would be paying for that pass at those prices if you take away that option even if they don't ride everything when they go anymore.

Nland316

But aren't they slowly doing construction still on main St/hub? Probably why they didn't add them into the equation
I think it’d be due more to the demand that it would create versus involving only DCA. Being conservative with their offerings only helps their Cold War with the state of California in their reopening pleas I would think. I doubt hub construction would really be a huge factor into a decision like this.

VJ

Original Poster

No admission is needed to enter that area of the park, according to a Disneyland Resort Spokesperson. No rides will be open, and tickets and annual passes remain "on hold" during the park closure due to coronavirus.
This is purely a shopping and dining extension of Downtown Disney, a spokesperson for the resort tells Patch. The park has not yet scheduled an exact date for the reopening, just that it will be "sometime in November, 2020."
As of yet, there are not plans to reopen Main Street of Disneyland Resort, the spokesperson said.
Guests will be allowed entry, based upon occupancy, through a gate near the La Brea Bakery. The main gates at Disney California Adventure will remain closed until further notice.

cmwade77

They don't create free promotion. people go to Disney parks no matter what. Stop that.
You assume I am referring only to Disney, but this applies to Knott's, Universal, etc. but they do indeed provide free promotion and people who maybe were thinking about going elsewhere may just change their mind based on current activities. I know it is hard for us here to comprehend, but not everyone is into the parks as much as those on this board and these vloggers provide information that people may not otherwise know or have access to. Disney and others embrace it, because it reduces the amount of marketing they need to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom