News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

techgeek

So where is this barge now?

I can't identify any reasonable body of water you can access through the EPCOT guest parking entrance, and obviously there's no way back to the service marina or World Showcase Lagoon from there... Unless the driver was just flat out lost, I wouldn't be convinced this was a show component for Harm. More than likely its construction or maintenance related. I know there was some work earlier in the year in the perimeter canal by the water bridge, perhaps its in some way related to that?

Unbanshee

I can't identify any reasonable body of water you can access through the EPCOT guest parking entrance, and obviously there's no way back to the service marina or World Showcase Lagoon from there... Unless the driver was just flat out lost, I wouldn't be convinced this was a show component for Harm. More than likely its construction or maintenance related. I know there was some work earlier in the year in the perimeter canal by the water bridge, perhaps its in some way related to that?

That work has been completed

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's going down this access road. There aren't a lot of paths to get something that big back to the marina unless they are going to move it with a helicopter.

1603496210192.png

techgeek

It's going down this access road. There aren't a lot of paths to get something that big back to the marina unless they are going to move it with a helicopter.

View attachment 508100

I mean, I see that access road but I'm still confused on the whole path. You're still on literally the wrong side of the world from the marina going in that way... there's no way you'd have clearance through the tunnel along the west side of the park. I assumed getting anything that big into the marina pretty much means going in through the main cast parking lot, doesn't it? And if you're aiming for the cast parking lot, why not just drive it right there in the first place... straight shot in backstage lane?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't forget that those canals aren't connected to the Lagoon. The lagoon and it's connection to Crescent Lake and heading to DHS are all at a higher elevation than the canals. In fact one of the canals goes under the water bridge between lagoon and lake. Plopping that barge in a canal will not get it to the lagoon... which may mean it's for canal work.

TTA94

Wrong turn perhaps? It obviously couldn’t make it through the Parking Toll Plaza; so a reroute to the access road and instead of making the right at the fork to head towards the tunnel, make a left and head back out to Epcot Center Drive to make the way to the marina? Or, has it been said that we know for sure it went to the right at the fork in the access road?

Maybe they parked it somewhere temporarily then moved it overnight?

jrhwdw

Waiting for confirmation, but I think I know what the new barge is for. If it is what I think it is, someone already brought it up on here.
A Temp Show?? I wonder if TDO will figure a way now that CineCele has 3 shows in Oct.

Maybe the barge can hold all EF's pyro? I'm gussing the barges EF has now my interfere with Harm.'s building in WSL? So TDO can go down to 1 Pyro barge for EF(if It's still alive)and still have the same amount of pyro?

Or is it strictly for Harm.?

Ldno

Wishful thinking for Disney to hopefully debut Harmonious as safely and responsible possible for everyone soon.

Kind of curious how Universal just announced the return of the nighttime fireworks but you know, we know disney won’t follow suit anytime suit.

Last edited:

cjkeating

A Temp Show?? I wonder if TDO will figure a way now that CineCele has 3 shows in Oct.

Maybe the barge can hold all EF's pyro? I'm gussing the barges EF has now my interfere with Harm.'s building in WSL? So TDO can go down to 1 Pyro barge for EF(if It's still alive)and still have the same amount of pyro?

Or is it strictly for Harm.?
I think the use that is being alluded to is a barge to push/pull/position the barges on the lagoon before they are fixed in place.

Purely putting 2+2 together and might be making 5.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Wishful thinking for Disney to hopefully debut Harmonious as safely and responsible possible for everyone soon.

Kind of curious how Universal just announced the return of the nighttime fireworks but you know, we know disney won’t follow suit anytime suit.
Disney likely doesn't want the PR disaster that would come with having firework right now. Let us not forget the firestorm that erupted when they performed HEA to a pack Magic Kingdom the last night of operation back in March. Universal and SeaWorld can get away with it because, frankly, nobody really cares about those two parks. (Not meant to be shady but it's true).

TTA94

Disney likely doesn't want the PR disaster that would come with having firework right now. Let us not forget the firestorm that erupted when they performed HEA to a pack Magic Kingdom the last night of operation back in March. Universal and SeaWorld can get away with it because, frankly, nobody really cares about those two parks. (Not meant to be shady but it's true).

I really think Disney can do it safely. They just need to do it limited capacity.

jrhwdw

It isn't about doing it safely, its about perception. They could have Jesus Christ out and about patrolling crowds and they would still get dragged to hell and back
I get PR, We all don't want bad PR for Disney. Although, isn't UOR up there on the PR scale as well with all the Potter success since 2010? Granted SWO has had PR problems since Dawn and Blackfish, but had recent luck with Sesame Street and Ignite before COVID?

It might not make the News but might Disney's PR as in numbers go down if USF continues CineCele and SWO repeats summer or something like it for the Holidays?

mattpeto

It’s a service barge.

@marni1971 - Now that Universal Orlando and SeaWorld have both returned nightime spectaculars show, where do you think Disney's stance is on this?

Policing a large crowd with the lights out sounds daunting, but assuming you can properly space people before the show, you would think there might be a safe way to execute this.

My take is HEA and F! would be doable, but problematic unless they limited guests for spacing reasons. Maybe a ticketed experience/reservation could solve that problem, but I think limiting the current guests that were at MK or HS for the day would just aggravate the guests who missed their shot. Then it's sort of a ROI thing, is it worth for a smaller audience?

Epcot Forever, however, has plenty of spacing around World Showcase. This is the first nightime spectacular show I expect to return. I'd still imagine it's very complicated. Once people get to their spot, they'd have to be semi-restricted until the show has finished. Still, you could work with the current capacity limits (25%) and it would absolutely boost WS shops and restaurants and help balance the demand of the other parks.

Of course park hopping adds another wrinkle into all this...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom