Seems like somebody got into Epcot recently after hours

mergatroid

Original Poster
Not going to link it or name who it is, but a certain person who likes videoing the parks when they're closed was in Epcot recently. Skating around World Showcase in the middle of the night and filming. It seems strange how no security appeared, I was under the impression the parks were under 24 hour surveillance and had motion detectors etc?

Please no links.

mergatroid

Original Poster
You come here and chum the water and then request no links?

If you didn't want it to get attention, you wouldn't have posted it to begin with.

Links showing the video means the thread would get closed, why would I want that? There's been threads before about this individual where there's been multiple replies with people interested in the subject. As adults we can discuss the subject but we can't reward the person by linking the video as it's an illegal activity. I'm not quite sure why you're accusing me of looking for attention, isn't every thread doing that? I just don't want somebody adding the video without realising that would get the thread closed.

We've had threads featuring Hoot & Chief before who used to sneak into Disney and film, some of us are interested in that sort of stuff. I'm surprised that somebody can sneak into World Showcase at night and skate around filming for 10 minutes and no security shows up, that's all I'm talking about. People can discuss it or not hopefully, just trying to make sure no forum rules are broken .

JIMINYCR

How long of a time was he wandering the park? Wasnt it announced that there was security involved in the layoffs? Maybe he was timing his sneak in to take advantage of having less security presence. I know the CM's that are non security and are working during the after closing time period are on the lookout for anyone that is there that appears to be non -Disney, so it would take time for someone to be pinched.

mergatroid

Original Poster
How long of a time was he wandering the park? Wasnt it announced that there was security involved in the layoffs? Maybe he was timing his sneak in to take advantage of having less security presence. I know the CM's that are non security and are working during the after closing time period are on the lookout for anyone that is there that appears to be non -Disney, so it would take time for someone to be pinched.

Probably around 10 mins. It looked like it was very early am, pitch black and no cars on World Drive as he filmed driving in the car. Did a U-Turn over the grass divide and drove off road for a bit. Looked like he entered near the American pavilion and skated around the deserted park.

JIMINYCR

Probably around 10 mins. It looked like it was very early am, pitch black and no cars on World Drive as he filmed driving in the car. Did a U-Turn over the grass divide and drove off road for a bit. Looked like he entered near the American pavilion and skated around the deserted park.
So a quick in and out definitely cuts down on the chances of being caught. If hes identifiable maybe Disney can still hit him with a trespassing fine???

mergatroid

Original Poster
So a quick in and out definitely cuts down on the chances of being caught. If hes identifiable maybe Disney can still hit him with a trespassing fine???

Oh they know him, he's already banned from there. I just thought they'd have cameras and motion sensors? Perhaps they do and were watching him and waiting to see what he did. I was just surprised how easy it seemed.

Lilofan

Contractors would be in street clothes at night so not so easy to spot who doesn't belong.

Tom Morrow

Maybe he’s one of Disney’s new social media influencers and they’re actually helping do all this. You know, like they did with Al Lutz.
First, they intentionally spread negative/exaggerated insider information.

Now, they're showing us how to sneak into their property.

Truly, Disney's social media marketing is several tiers above everyone else!

The Empress Lilly

First, they intentionally spread negative/exaggerated insider information.

Now, they're showing us how to sneak into their property.

Truly, Disney's social media marketing is several tiers above everyone else!
It's all just playing the media, Iger paid @TP2000 to trespass on EPCOT to help him get elected in November. Mergatroid's probably in on it too. 🧐

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You come here and chum the water and then request no links?

If you didn't want it to get attention, you wouldn't have posted it to begin with.
Linking to people trying to profit off of illegal activity is not allowed here.

It's also immoral to promote that behavior, even indirectly. Which makes it difficult to report on it as happening as a matter of it being a newsworthy thing to know about and discuss while not helping the violator benefit from such attention.

JIMINYCR

Contractors would be in street clothes at night so not so easy to spot who doesn't belong.
When CM's are working an area they are assigned to on a regular basis, they pretty much know one another and could spot someone whos out of place. Then ask for an ID to see if that person is authorized to be there. I know several people in the past have been caught on property before because of that occurring.

The Empress Lilly

When CM's are working an area they are assigned to on a regular basis, they pretty much know one another and could spot someone whos out of place. Then ask for an ID to see if that person is authorized to be there. I know several people in the past have been caught on property before because of that occurring.
Pft. We regular trespassers know each other too and so we know to hide immediately when we spot a CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom