Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

George Lucas on a Bench

72065 (3).jpg

Sharon&Susan

I don't take any joy at people losing their jobs, but the last large expansion pad in DCA always deserved something more inspired than the Avengers.
Now that Avengers Campus surrounds the expansion space, I can't see them doing anything else with that plot once they can justify creating new expansions at Disneyland/WDW fiscally. That is unless if the Marvel/Avengers brand goes through an obvious decline within the next 5 years, which I don't see happening.

October82

Now that Avengers Campus surrounds the expansion space, I can't see them doing anything else with that plot once they can justify creating new expansions at Disneyland/WDW fiscally. That is unless if the Marvel/Avengers brand goes through an obvious decline within the next 5 years, which I don't see happening.

Expanding Cars Land is another possibility. I don't think we'll see anything done with that site in the next 4-5 years, but regardless of the attached IP, that site deserves something better than the concept art suggested. With the limited amount of potential on stage space available in Anaheim, eating that much land with a large gray box is a wasted opportunity.

It's also not hard to imagine a re-theme of GotG to match whatever new property inhabits that space.

CM.X777

Original Poster
Expanding Cars Land is another possibility. I don't think we'll see anything done with that site in the next 4-5 years, but regardless of the attached IP, that site deserves something better than the concept art suggested. With the limited amount of potential on stage space available in Anaheim, eating that much land with a large gray box is a wasted opportunity.

It's also not hard to imagine a re-theme of GotG to match whatever new property inhabits that space.

Sometimes big grey boxes can house amazing things. It will be Avengers at some point. Marvel is the biggest IP that Disney currently has.

October82

Sometimes big grey boxes can house amazing things. It will be Avengers at some point. Marvel is the biggest IP that Disney currently has.

One of the bigger issues with Marvel in the parks is how often they're given the "big box" treatment. Marvel deserves to have immersive environments that people care about inhabiting, not just visible show buildings disguised as industrial warehouses. Sure, the contents of the box matter, but the contents of the other boxes aren't why people go to Disneyland.

ToTBellHop

I would agree. The specific project will likely end up dying but I would expect a Marvel ride at some point. Avengers won’t be en vogue in five years but something Marvel will be. We aren’t giving up on super heroes.

I’d ride a Scarlett Johansson ride all day, e’ery day.

EPCOT-O.G.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this Avengers ride is separate from the Spider-man one, correct? I seem to recall hearing rumors about a Quinjet tide or visit to Wakanda or something envisioned as part of this ride.

I feel like Spider-man was due to come out this summer? So we're possibly in a Ratatouille situation where it's ready or close to ready for opening but they're holding their powder until things normalize (which may not be until late 2021 or 2022 at this rate)

lazyboy97o

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this Avengers ride is separate from the Spider-man one, correct? I seem to recall hearing rumors about a Quinjet tide or visit to Wakanda or something envisioned as part of this ride.

I feel like Spider-man was due to come out this summer? So we're possibly in a Ratatouille situation where it's ready or close to ready for opening but they're holding their powder until things normalize (which may not be until late 2021 or 2022 at this rate)
Yes, Spider-Man Midway Mania! is a separate ride from the Avengers ride involving Quinjets and Wakanda. Spider-Man was supposed to open this summer with the land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney should sell Marvel and Star Wars and get back into the business of creating their own original amazing properties.

And retheme Runaway Railway into a more timeless version of Mickey & Co. instead of tbe grotesque, cynical Ren & Stimpy version that is already yesterday’s Fidget Spinner.
Disney bought Marvel and Star Wars and Pixar because they weren't doing very well with their own original "amazing" properties like Herbie and Chicken Little. If you look at Disney Studios films which aren't rehashes of their own previous movies, they almost all are flops.

Besides Disney's history is using other people's property whether public domain or licensed: most of the princesses, Alice, Pooh, Peter Pan, Poppins, etc...

mickEblu

Disney bought Marvel and Star Wars and Pixar because they weren't doing very well with their own original "amazing" properties like Herbie and Chicken Little. If you look at Disney Studios films which aren't rehashes of their own previous movies, they almost all are flops.

Besides Disney's history is using other people's property whether public domain or licensed: most of the princesses, Alice, Pooh, Peter Pan, Poppins, etc...

Don’t disagree. Just seems that they are not as good at executing these IP into theme park rides. We could guess why that is. I think it’s due to a number of things as the guys holding the purse strings, imagineers not being as good as some of the older generations and Star Wars and Marvel not really being slam dunk theme park lands (attractions yes but not lands). Combine the 3 and the execution = lackluster. I also think there may be a degree of over reliance by the imagineers on these IP because how popular they are. So maybe they ignore a few theme park basics in order to either stay true to the IP or because they think the IP will compensate.

Rich T

I don’t believe giving up on the artists who saved Disney’s butt and revived the art of animation was Iger’s only option. And you already know darn well there’s a difference between adapting classic literature and history into your own style quite different from the source...and flat out buying modern IPs. Pixar was a great purchase because Disney had contributed to their output ever since Toy Story. With Marvel, SW and 20th Cent., Disney has diluted their brand into pudding for short term game. The company now has all the charm and personality of Comcast.

truecoat

Neither of these things will happen, they may not build Avengers for awhile but it will almost certainly be something Marvel related.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom