Morocco Pavilion facing financial troubles

UNCgolf

Of course they don’t...

But this is always the “thing” with Epcot: the sponsorship model has been broken for decades. That’s largely why the park is paralyzed and carnie food booths

Yeah, but having outside vendors operate the restaurants isn't the same as the pavilion sponsorship model. There are outside vendors that run restaurants in the other parks too -- I'm pretty sure Landry's operates Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom, for one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, but having outside vendors operate the restaurants isn't the same as the pavilion sponsorship model. There are outside vendors that run restaurants in the other parks too -- I'm pretty sure Landry's operates Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom, for one.

Landry’s runs quite a few...including that and rainforest/t Rex...I think tiffins too?

But what happens is Landry’s doesn’t survive??

IveBeenJack

A4103B53-874E-4209-999C-DEC6AA9BCBA9.gif

MAKE WAY FOR PRINCE I.P 😂

aladdin2007

Ah here comes the “I don’t care, I never went there anyways” comments for my WDWMAGIC bingo card!

I enjoyed wandering the shops of Morocco, they had a very nice authentic marketplace feel to them (authentic for Epcot... just like the food, architecture etc.) wandering that pavilion at night is truly magical.

What pavilions are run by Disney already? France is correct?

agreed, more recently over the years we really came to love Marrakesh, mainly because you could walk in and not have a reservation hanging over your head to worry about for a change. It was more quiet and not a chow hall pack them in zoo like so many of the others, the tables were not crammed together..it was a bit of old world Epcot left alone. And it was relaxing and enjoyable. Now with this gone there is not one location left like that at all...though it does look like they spread the tables out at San Angel Inn, for now. Akershus use to be just as nice until they ruined that with character garbage that doesn't even fit........but anyway will sadly miss this. I imagine eventually the restaurant will become another character meal in a few years or gutted and turned into a meet n greet or some such thing...

Im not even sure the France restaurants have the third parties on board anymore? Didn't the head chef retire and Disney is managing Chefs de France now? With the lousy new menu they implemented it almost has to be Disney ran.

UNCgolf

Landry’s runs quite a few...including that and rainforest/t Rex...I think tiffins too?

But what happens is Landry’s doesn’t survive??

Yeah I didn't mention Rainforest since there are other locations outside of Disney. I think they run the Boathouse at Disney Springs too. There's also the Patina group that's supposed to run Space 220 and also runs the two restaurants in the Italy pavilion, and I think a couple at Disney Springs.

But yeah, if they go out of business, who knows.

TrainsOfDisney

Yak & yeti and the counter service food at asia is Landry’s. Tiffins is Disney.

It was a bit of old world Epcot left alone.
Agreed. I think San Angel Inn still has that feel and Biergarten as well, although that can vary depending on your table mates.

aladdin2007

Agreed. I think San Angel Inn still has that feel and Biergarten as well, although that can vary depending on your table mates.

Do you get your own table in there now? just wondering, wasnt sure how they were doing it.

UNCgolf

The biggest issue with San Angel Inn is that the tables are all right on top of each other (although it's probably not like that at the moment). There's barely any room.

Basil of Baker Street

It was good, when it was fresh. Which was hardly ever.

See how the food in the case is covered in plastic wrap? That's because it isn't a display sample. Those are literally the dishes they made up that morning (or who know when) and serve to customers. It's fine if you like the food, calling it "the best in all of Disney" hurts your credibility a bit.

View attachment 507704
Don't know what to tell you. It was really good food. My opinion of course. I also like Ragland Road a lot as well.

UNCgolf

They are still close, not as close, but closer than many would be comfortable with.

Even if there was no COVID, it's just not very pleasant to eat there when you can barely move your chair for fear of hitting the person sitting behind you because you're basically back to back.

I know why they have them like that (more people you can jam in there, the more money you make!) but it's one of far too many examples of prioritizing profit over the guest experience.

GymLeaderPhil

I’ll echo others and say that Disney, given everything happening now, will absolutely not start imagining a new attraction in Morocco. However, I doubt Restaurant Marrakesh will ever reopen.

Ideally, if an attraction is ever considered, I’d love to see them bring a version of Sinbad’s Storybook Voyage from Toyko over versus Aladdin.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You're the kind oblivious customer Disney salivates over. I could not imagine "skipping" any of the WS Pavilions because they don't have an attraction, but I guess it takes a certain type of intellect to truly appreciate the intricate storytelling that happens in World Showcase outside of the attractions. Just wow.
Sorry. I don't drive 8 and a half hours to sit on a bench. I didn't say that I don't get its purpose, though, Mr. Grouchy Pants. Not everybody goes to theme parks for the exact same experiences.

I guarantee you I'm not the "oblivious" customer Disney "salivates" over. My family and friends are all "get as many rides done in a day as possible" type of Disney tourists. We don't spend money on merchandise, we eat outside of the resort, we never pay for extras, we don't pay for parking, and we don't stay onsite. We buy our theme park tickets, we ride the rides, we leave.

We're ride/attractions people. Not "take in the scenery" people. People are allowed to like specific things. Just wow.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Do you get your own table in there now? just wondering, wasnt sure how they were doing it.

Your party gets a table by itself distanced from others. Food is delivered as set platters and not very good at all as of mid September. I would recommend avoiding it currently.

TrainsOfDisney

Your party gets a table by itself distanced from others. Food is delivered as set platters and not very good at all as of mid September. I would recommend avoiding it currently.
It’s been a few years but the last time I ate there I thought the food was great and I really enjoyed the entertainment.

It sounds like all of the menus have really gone down... do any of the actual chefs still have their jobs? :-/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom