Morocco Pavilion facing financial troubles

techgeek

I wonder would Disney ever consider swapping Morocco for another country they feel would push more revenue?

Keep the bones of the structures (kitchen, restrooms, back of house etc) and change the facades and décor?

The pavilion is Art. Period. Less so what’s behind the walls, arguably, but the facades and mosaics should be respected as the artistic achievement they are.

does it really matter if Disney or the original 3rd party is running it? seems like something that'll be invisible anyway.

I think there’s a certain nuance to a Disney-run operation that is subconsciously evident in the end product. Sometimes for the better, sometimes at the sacrifice of something unique. Sometimes it’s tough to put a finger on, exactly.

GimpYancIent

How do you suggest they change the country when the architecture is very specifically that of Morocco?
It's Disney. Exact architectural specifics to precise locations and historically correct details become very blurred in the story telling. The magic is in the story everything else is just a background, a setting. Aladdin will do just fine.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's Disney. Exact architectural specifics to precise locations and historically correct details become very blurred in the story telling. The magic is in the story everything else is just a background, a setting. Aladdin will do just fine.

It's not unique, it's typical Levantine that was spread around the entire Maghreb by the Umayyad Caliphate.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Always walked past this pavilion. If the world showcase pavilions don't have an attraction, I don't usually care about em. No matter how beautiful they are. There's no point, if you're there for attractions and not to eat or shop or just hang around. My family is an attractions family, not a "spend $160+ for a family of 4 to eat food" family.

That being said, I did spend my fair share of time in this pavilion back in high school when I recorded a short film with NYFA in the Morocco Pavilion. Great set locations for a film. :)

NeedMoreMickey

May have stopped in and looked around about once every 4 years but I usually walked passed the pavilion unless I needed to use the restroom. Always seemed to be a lot of wasted space for being in the pavilion that could have been used better to teach about the country. That is probably the only country where I didn't buy any kind of souvenir. Would love to eat Spice Road Table but I can never get anyone in my group to give it a try.

LittleBuford

The pavilion has a number of very precise borrowings from Morocco itself, executed by actual Moroccan craftsmen. Having been to Morocco (and being of Middle Eastern heritage), I can attest to the fact that the version at Epcot is not generically Arabian but specifically Moroccan, just as the British, French, German, Italian, and Norwegian pavilion can’t all be lumped together as European.

TrainsOfDisney

Ah here comes the “I don’t care, I never went there anyways” comments for my WDWMAGIC bingo card!

I enjoyed wandering the shops of Morocco, they had a very nice authentic marketplace feel to them (authentic for Epcot... just like the food, architecture etc.) wandering that pavilion at night is truly magical.

What pavilions are run by Disney already? France is correct?

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Always walked past this pavilion. If the world showcase pavilions don't have an attraction, I don't usually care about em. No matter how beautiful they are. There's no point, if you're there for attractions and not to eat or shop or just hang around. My family is an attractions family, not a "spend $160+ for a family of 4 to eat food" family.

That being said, I did spend my fair share of time in this pavilion back in high school when I recorded a short film with NYFA in the Morocco Pavilion. Great set locations for a film. :)
You're the kind oblivious customer Disney salivates over. I could not imagine "skipping" any of the WS Pavilions because they don't have an attraction, but I guess it takes a certain type of intellect to truly appreciate the intricate storytelling that happens in World Showcase outside of the attractions. Just wow.

Surferboy567

We have always walked past Morocco on every one of our Disney trips. I understand others like it, and that is great. I do however, appreciate the theming. The food never appealed to me, and it was a simple walk by. Other like those dishes and that is great. Their was however, only ONE thing in Morocco that I would want to do...and that was meet Aladdin and Jasmine.

Before, you send the pitchforks out here me out. Aladdin is my favorite classic Disney film. I think he is painfully unrepresented and deserves a proper attraction. If this is what gives us an attraction then I would be fine with it.

Sure, he probably doesn’t ”fit” in Epcot...but I would love an Aladdin attraction. To be clear, I don’t think it would happen but there are my feelings.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If your family is an “attractions family”...where do you go frequently to fill that void OTHER than wdw??

UNCgolf

Let’s see...we know they run Canada, AA, Norway, Germany, and I believe the UK completely??

Mostly food partnerships in some of the others. It will be 1000% Disney in 10 years or less if I had to guess.

Maybe, but I think Disney likes not having to run the restaurants themselves. Easier to just license it to a vendor and let them handle everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom