Morocco Pavilion facing financial troubles

LittleBuford

the issue, they claim they'll respect it, but then they'll add Aladdin once the economy clears up... eventually.
Given the current sociopolitical climate, I should think (hope) that someone would advise Disney of the many issues inherent in adding a full-fledged Aladdin attraction to a pavilion that bears very little resemblance to Agrabah.

LittleBuford

Probably not, but maybe it's more likely now that Morocco wouldn't be fitting the bill. Like with the Norway pavilion.
But that was reskinning an existing ride. It seems very unlikely to me that Disney would spend millions of dollars on a needless new attraction given the bleak economic outlook. Where would they put it? The pavilion is already quite crowded as it is.

UNCgolf

But that was reskinning an existing ride. It seems very unlikely to me that Disney would spend millions of dollars on a needless new attraction. Where would they even fit it? The pavilion is already quite crowded as it is.

Eliminate Restaurant Marrakesh and put a ride back there?

They already have two other restaurants in Morocco.

Not that I think that is going to happen.

The Lochness Monsta

Despite all the purists comments it is a natural fit. Aladdin here we go!

I think that a movie has to actually be based in Morocco for it to fit. Agrabah, which isn't real has been said to be multiple countries. So it doesn't fit perfectly within this pavilion.

"According to the first translation of the original Syrian tale of Aladdin, the story occurred in an ancient city in China but due to the tale’s references to the city’s Sultan and regular Islamic inspirations, Disney decided on placing Agrabah more in the region of modern-day Iraq and Iran while still including references to the cultures of neighbouring regions. Allegedly, Agrabah was originally going to be set in Baghdad but due to the Gulf War in the early 90s, this was changed."

_caleb

On one hand, this seems like sad news. I'm afraid that any traces of authenticity that may have been found in the Morocco pavilion will be gone. But on the other hand, Marrakesh and the Tangierine Cafe were run–let's say, a bit too authentically.

I know it's never been the most popular place to eat in World Showcase. It's expensive and had a lot of options on the menu that weren't chicken fingers. But the hummus was made way ahead of time and portioned out into bowls and wrapped in plastic wrap (for who knows how long). Service was less than Disney-level friendly. You want mint tea? Head over the the drink bar that we haven't used in a few weeks. Stale pastries and faded menu boards are not up to Disney quality. The result? Guests just walk on by.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Eliminate Restaurant Marrakesh and put a ride back there?

They already have two other restaurants in Morocco.

Not that I think that is going to happen.
Backstage Morocco is now home to back of house operations (stock rooms, offices, break rooms etc) that were displaced due to Rat and Skyliner construction. It seems unlikely they would again demolish those areas and relocate them again.

trainplane3

They've only acquired the pavilion. Why are people thinking they're going to stick a ride in it asap? They have (mostly) the rest of WS that haven't had any major additions in years (Rat, Frozen M+G, and...uh...3 Cabs...?). I doubt anything major would happen in the next 5+ (face it, 10+) years to Moroco aside from the IP-ing all over the pavilion.

WDW can't afford a C-Ticket Poppins attraction right now. Let's save the outrage for at least five years from now when WDW might even begin considering altering Morocco.
And that's a thought too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That pavilion is in a tough spot right now. With no attraction, no meet and greet, no live entertainment and food that people tended to be wary of - and it is very easy to just walk by. I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney leave it largely closed until the park is back to something like normal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That pavilion is in a tough spot right now. With no attraction, no meet and greet, no live entertainment and food that people tended to be wary of - and it is very easy to just walk by. I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney leave it largely closed until the park is back to something like normal.
...get out of my brain!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom