Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

Agreed. I wouldn’t describe myself as wealthy but I’ve been looking at lake houses and the like. I figure if I’m going to spend so much time at home, I might as well get a nice view of some mountains and lakes!
Anything waterfront up here in Vermont is being bought up, even sight unseen in a few cases, as soon as the property hits the market. When we first moved here, my wife and I considered buying a lake cottage after a few years. Nope, not happening now. The COVID refugees from NY and MA have become thorougly ensconced themselves, and there's no way I could win such a bidding war.

sullyinMT

They think it is an artifact of Sturgis. Same for all of the Midwest and Mountain West. Population density slowed things down but it has been festering with inadequate contract tracing.
It’s also still near impossible to get a test as asymptomatic in my county, at least. So, yes, contact tracing has a lot to do with it.
Heck, my wife was symptomatic for 3-4 days two weeks ago. But because she works from home she was told not to bother with coming in unless her condition warranted attention. So ...
We also have at least one lab in the northwestern part of the state that reports positives by dialing in to 911 and doesn’t report negatives. That is accounting for SOME of the skewed positivity rate.
When I say we’re forgotten, it’s no joke.

matt9112

From what I’ve heard the reservation system is permanent. We don’t like it because there were so many times we’d on a whim decided to head to Epcot for the evening
Thats a good point....and the epcot after 4 pass....yikes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get approx 3-4 calls daily from people asking if I want to put my house up for sale. These guys are usually flippers and will come in after they buy the house and come with an army of workmen to fix up , make look new and put house back on market and sell for a tidy profit.

I have one that somebody did down the street...they can’t move it. That’s when you know the market is about to crash (it is)...people push the edge till its in freefall

Jrb1979

35% off rooms in early 2021? Glad to see they are finally getting serious with the “Baby, please come back!” offers. WDW is going to need to pack ’em in to compensate for the disaster under way at Disneyland.
Where are they going to put all those people in the parks? They aren't raising capacity anytime soon. Even with these discounts I'm not sure people are going to rushing to Disney

ToTBellHop

Where are they going to put all those people in the parks? They aren't raising capacity anytime soon. Even with these discounts I'm not sure people are going to rushing to Disney
They still aren’t filling to 25% in each park and especially on weekdays. There’s room. They aren’t opening more resorts for nothing. There’s also a reason Rat will open during the pandemic. Epcot has plenty of room.

Kevin_W

They still aren’t filling to 25% in each park and especially on weekdays. There’s room. They aren’t opening more resorts for nothing. There’s also a reason Rat will open during the pandemic. Epcot has plenty of room.
1603286142133.png

This is the line for Frozen... way back in the back of the China pavilion. My "feels like" rating for the parks the past few days was like walking around on a pretty typical summer day, pre-pandemic.

Disstevefan1

The socially distanced queues are problematic.... They need to come up with another solution. Perhaps all attractions having boarding groups, I heard yesterday Smugglers Run and Jungle Cruise may use boarding groups.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The socially distanced queues are problematic.... They need to come up with another solution. Perhaps all attractions having boarding groups, I heard yesterday Smugglers Run and Jungle Cruise may use boarding groups.
Boarding groups have sounded like hell since day 1...let’s have at it😉

They need to get whatever successor to fastpass- in place...sooner the better to work the kinks out with low attendance.

Missing an opportunity here wringing their hands about stock outlook.

Iger.
Pure Iger.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
35% off rooms in early 2021? Glad to see they are finally getting serious with the “Baby, please come back!” offers. WDW is going to need to pack ’em in to compensate for the disaster under way at Disneyland.

I found that interesting. Definitely a more concerted “effort”...

But they won’t be serious until tickets are adjusted. I know their game there but I hope it fails

ToTBellHop

View attachment 507475

This is the line for Frozen... way back in the back of the China pavilion. My "feels like" rating for the parks the past few days was like walking around on a pretty typical summer day, pre-pandemic.
They really need to continue to add shows to gobble people up. Virtual queues are fine as long as there’s somewhere else to go.

Those extended outdoor queues are exactly what departments of public health around the country prefer but they do diminish guest experience. A balance must be struct. Universal’s strategy of activating the VQ once standby reaches a certain point seems reasonable.

Kevin_W

They really need to continue to add shows to gobble people up. Virtual queues are fine as long as there’s somewhere else to go.

Those extended outdoor queues are exactly what departments of public health around the country prefer but they do diminish guest experience. A balance must be struct. Universal’s strategy of activating the VQ once standby reaches a certain point seems reasonable.

Epcot pretty much has it's shows right now (all 3 movies + American Adventure were playing). You are missing all the streetmosphere, which draws some people, but probably not a ton. Meet and Greet's will also draw people, but I don't think it would get a ton better.

We didn't mind the extended queues (Safari stretched beyond the Harambe theater!) becasue they moved at a good clip and being distanced from people in line was nice. But it does detract from the general park experience because it clogs things up.

ToTBellHop

Epcot pretty much has it's shows right now (all 3 movies + American Adventure were playing). You are missing all the streetmosphere, which draws some people, but probably not a ton. Meet and Greet's will also draw people, but I don't think it would get a ton better.

We didn't mind the extended queues (Safari stretched beyond the Harambe theater!) becasue they moved at a good clip and being distanced from people in line was nice. But it does detract from the general park experience because it clogs things up.
While each individual component may not entertain a huge group, the combination of missing Streetmosphere, meet and greets, restaurants, daytime shows, and nighttime shows has considerable impact. DHS is particularly problematic.

DisneyDebRob

Glad you had fun trip! I may be giving it a try in January but looking at pics from so many, I don’t get that “ magical feeling” . I know they are being safe, which is priority number one right now which is great . I’m thinking a few hrs in the park and more time at resort and the springs might be the way to go for me right now. Or just cancel again for the 3rd time in 7 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom