News People mover now reopened!

gerarar

Premium Member
Could be the manufacturer too. They could be giving disney estimates but pushing back cause they're not ready or Trying to find someone who can do it for the amount of money they're willing to spend. Which is probably more true. Why they just don't put TBD instead of date is beyond me.
I thought at this point the parts would be made in-house at Central shops since the parts would be obsolete. Of course I could be wrong, but this could be similar to the HM situation last year when multiple parts broke causing the ride to go down for an extended time.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I thought at this point the parts would be made in-house at Central shops since the parts would be obsolete. Of course I could be wrong, but this could be similar to the HM situation last year when multiple parts broke causing the ride to go down for an extended time.

Linear induction systems are hardly obsolete, just look at any recent launch coaster and you'll find them there. Now if you were talking about the Goodyear Speedwalk, thats a pretty simple system. Most new installation of moving walkways are metal surfaced instead of rubber, but the concept is pretty much the same.

DoleWhipDrea

Wondering out loud- will the layoffs reach the back shops too? And if so (as I’m sure is the case) will this effect projects such as this?
(We are all pulling for you guys and gals in the back shops!!!!)
I can’t speak to specifically Disney’s layoffs, but generally when a company has to cut labor, they apply it as a certain percentage of their workforce, and depending on what departments are more needed, will not get hurt as badly when HR has to play the numbers and then determine who is getting let go. It’s likely that their department was affected, but at the same time, their department is critical to maintaining operations...so they most likely haven’t been hit as hard. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t have a lot of work to do in the first place...

Parker in NYC

NateD1226

"According to the internal refurbishment calendar, the Tomorrowland PeopleMover will be closed through January 2, 2021."

Getting Rocket Rods vibes from this

1603123990124.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom