All things Magic Mountain

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I'm well experienced in coasters, the only other one that is currently at Magic Mountain that I only rode once was Riddler's Revenge because I think stand-ups are excruciatingly uncomfortable. Riddler's Revenge is one of the coolest looking coasters out there, but my ride on it was horrible. Too bad Scream is already a floorless, or otherwise this might get one of those floorless conversions.

Twisted Colossus is far and away the best coaster in California, but my favorite in the world is Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point. If you love Twisted Colossus, you will love Steel Vengeance even more.

I'm really hoping we get that Jersey Devil clone next year. Magic Mountain might start closing the gap with Cedar Point if they are the first to have two RMCs. I already feel like Magic Mountain has a much stronger lineup of lower tier coasters than Cedar Point does.
I only rode Riddler once as well, um I thought it was good not great. seats didn't bother me at all. SCREAM is just ok, I kept hitting my head left and right on the shoulder harness so that instantly counts against it in my book. its ok, would do it if it is a walk on but would never wait in line for it again. not worth it.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

That said Twisted Colossus is the best coaster I have ever been on in my life

Twisted Colossus is far and away the best coaster in California
I'm delighted to see Twisted Colossus so revered. It is easily one of my favorite coasters, especially being such a comprehensive collection of track elements that make roller coasters fun.

Last edited:

PostScott

I'm well experienced in coasters, the only other one that is currently at Magic Mountain that I only rode once was Riddler's Revenge because I think stand-ups are excruciatingly uncomfortable. Riddler's Revenge is one of the coolest looking coasters out there, but my ride on it was horrible. Too bad Scream is already a floorless, or otherwise this might get one of those floorless conversions.

Twisted Colossus is far and away the best coaster in California, but my favorite in the world is Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point. If you love Twisted Colossus, you will love Steel Vengeance even more.

I'm really hoping we get that Jersey Devil clone next year. Magic Mountain might start closing the gap with Cedar Point if they are the first to have two RMCs. I already feel like Magic Mountain has a much stronger lineup of lower tier coasters than Cedar Point does.
Man B&M's all look so much fun. Both scream and Riddlers look amazing, but the actual experiences are pretty rough. Riddler's is the best stand up out there but.... thats not saying very much lol.

SplashGhost

Man B&M's all look so much fun. Both scream and Riddlers look amazing, but the actual experiences are pretty rough. Riddler's is the best stand up out there but.... thats not saying very much lol.

I actually like Scream, but maybe the restraints just fit me in a way that the ride isn't painful for me. I did ride in the back once and it was pretty unpleasant. I usually ride in the front since there is never much of a line for the front row with how the queue is laid out. It is pretty smooth in the front IMO.

PostScott

Gold Rusher and Revolution are great night rides. If someone has just rode those during the day, they haven't come close to experiencing them at their best
Possibly the greatest experience I've ever had on a coaster was on gold rusher. It was right at closing and it was starting to rain with some fast winds. The winds made it feel like the car was HAULING through the circuit. The rain hitting everyones face too. The ride isn't that intense during the day but at night you can't really see anything that is going on. Who thought that some 1970 something coaster could give such an amazing experience.... however if you ride in during the day with a bunch of 6 year olds behind you who are transitioning from the kiddie coasters to the big coasters, then the experience is awful.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Though I didn't ride Scream or Riddler's Revenge while I was at MM, I have ridden Bizarro and Green Lantern at Great Adventure. Bizarro is the mirror image of Scream that the latter was based on and it's my fourth favorite coaster at Great Adventure. Green Lantern on the other hand, I do not like all that much. It's weird though since the very first time I rode it I liked it a lot, but every subsequent ride has ended with me having a headache from headbanging between the OSTRs. I don't mind the standing aspect of the ride at all, but the rattle kills it for me.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Though I didn't ride Scream or Riddler's Revenge while I was at MM, I have ridden Bizarro and Green Lantern at Great Adventure. Bizarro is the mirror image of Scream that the latter was based on and it's my fourth favorite coaster at Great Adventure. Green Lantern on the other hand, I do not like all that much. It's weird though since the very first time I rode it I liked it a lot, but every subsequent ride has ended with me having a headache from headbanging between the OSTRs. I don't mind the standing aspect of the ride at all, but the rattle kills it for me.
Green Lantern was the 2nd most painful coaster I have ever been on.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Me and a buddy of mine were next in line for Green Lantern and as the ride unloaded in front of us, we saw a gentleman get off and grab his nether regions in pain. Right there we should have left the queue but we waited almost 2 hours for it so we went on. Biggest mistake of all time. OMG the pain. As it went from level to level omg. I was lucky to be able walk off the ride under my own power.

PostScott

Me and a buddy of mine were next in line for Green Lantern and as the ride unloaded in front of us, we saw a gentleman get off and grab his nether regions in pain. Right there we should have left the queue but we waited almost 2 hours for it so we went on. Biggest mistake of all time. OMG the pain. As it went from level to level omg. I was lucky to be able walk off the ride under my own power.
I remember when it first came out. I was like 12 and it looked so cool. The way the track was formed and swung in beneath itself; I was so excited. The queue was also neatly themed (for a SF park).

The most painful part was the final element where the track swung back down right back into the station. Depending on where you sat, you'd go into the brake run completely upside down. And if the operators were slow (like almost all SF employees are), then you'd be sitting there for a solid few minutes with the blood rushing to your brain. I'm honestly surprised that it's moving to SF La Ronde and that it's not just being dismantled and sold for parts. But I guess the ride will suit La Ronde... a horrible coaster for a horrible park lol.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I remember when it first came out. I was like 12 and it looked so cool. The way the track was formed and swung in beneath itself; I was so excited. The queue was also neatly themed (for a SF park).

The most painful part was the final element where the track swung back down right back into the station. Depending on where you sat, you'd go into the brake run completely upside down. And if the operators were slow (like almost all SF employees are), then you'd be sitting there for a solid few minutes with the blood rushing to your brain. I'm honestly surprised that it's moving to SF La Ronde and that it's not just being dismantled and sold for parts. But I guess the ride will suit La Ronde... a horrible coaster for a horrible park lol.
Good God in Heaven the ride is still around???!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom