News Florida residents will be able to buy a Walt Disney World 50th license plate supporting Make-A-Wish

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Vanessa Lengies Money GIF

I already have vanity plates but I'll be switching to this one now

cmwade77

While Make a Wish is decent, their merchandising and advertising costs are sky high and as such very little of the money donated actually goes to doing the work they set out to do. I would love to see all states support Give Kids the World instead, a much higher percentage of the money donated gets used to help. As @seascape says, I would actually buy such a plate in a second as well and I don't do these specialty plates.

NelleBelle

Man, I wish all the states were given the option for the plates! We have a National Parks plate on our Airstream (will put another NP plate on our new truck when we finally spring for the purchase). But I'd switch out the Airstream plates, truck plates, and my van's plates for the WDW plate. We named our Airstream, "Ellie", and our truck, "Carl", after "UP!" for the popular camping theme: Adventure is Out There! Plus, I had to sneak something "Disney" in there!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Man, I wish all the states were given the option for the plates! We have a National Parks plate on our Airstream (will put another NP plate on our new truck when we finally spring for the purchase). But I'd switch out the Airstream plates, truck plates, and my van's plates for the WDW plate. We named our Airstream, "Ellie", and our truck, "Carl", after "UP!" for the popular camping theme: Adventure is Out There! Plus, I had to sneak something "Disney" in there!
Doesn’t much make sense to put Disney plates in a non-Disney state does it?

The idea behind the vanity plates is to support LOCAL Causes.

It’s good if Disney and Florida to work on this for make a wish...for sure 👍🏻

Brian

I'd love to know how many people would be willing to buy a license plate sight unseen. They specifically said there won't be any design mock-up until later on.

Great cause, though. At first blush, I thought the proceeds from the plate might go towards the Bobs' salaries.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'd love to know how many people would be willing to buy a license plate sight unseen. They specifically said there won't be any design mock-up until later on.

Great cause, though. At first blush, I thought the proceeds from the plate might go towards the Bobs' salaries.

I won't until I see it and know the character limit. My current Florida plate is: WDW 365 - a lot of the specialty plates have a 5 character limit which doesn't do me any good.

NelleBelle

The idea behind the vanity plates is to support LOCAL Causes.

It’s good if Disney and Florida to work on this for make a wish...for sure 👍🏻
Yeah, thanks for that. 🙄 How awful to want to support a LOCAL cause. I'm sure many a Disney fan would pay for the plate and be perfectly fine with the fact that the money is going to a local FL chapter of Make-a-Wish.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, thanks for that. 🙄 How awful to want to support a LOCAL cause. I'm sure many a Disney fan would pay for the plate and be perfectly fine with the fact that the money is going to a local FL chapter of Make-a-Wish.
You took that completely the wrong way.

I’m saying I’m pretty sure that the Washington state dmv wants to keep that money toward Washington state programs...even if it’s A great cause

I’ll give and example: we have nj plates where the surcharge goes to the USS New Jersey battleship museum and beach maintenance/reclamation (shore to please)...

If they offered Disney plates...even for a great cause...this Disney obsessed fiefdom would all get those and dump the others (lack of self control) and there would be budget gaps on important environmental and education programs.

I imagine that’s similar in many places IF not all.

NelleBelle

You took that completely the wrong way.

I’m saying I’m pretty sure that the Washington state dmv wants to keep that money toward Washington state programs...even if it’s A great cause

I’ll give and example: we have nj plates where the surcharge goes to the USS New Jersey battleship museum and beach maintenance/reclamation (shore to please)...

If they offered Disney plates...even for a great cause...this Disney obsessed fiefdom would all get those and dump the others (lack of self control) and there would be budget gaps on important environmental and education programs.

I imagine that’s similar in many places IF not all.
Good points. WA state absolutely would take their 10-lbs of flesh. We pay an absurd amount for our car tabs and plates. WA-state would likely be more than happy to allow Disney to offer the plates all the while marking up for the "privilege" of having those plates. So we'd pay even more so. That's the issue with our Nat'l Park plates. They cost more than the other WA "specialty" plates just so that we can "donate" money to the Nat'l Park and have the specialty plates.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Good points. WA state absolutely would take their 10-lbs of flesh. We pay an absurd amount for our car tabs and plates. WA-state would likely be more than happy to allow Disney to offer the plates all the while marking up for the "privilege" of having those plates. So we'd pay even more so. That's the issue with our Nat'l Park plates. They cost more than the other WA "specialty" plates just so that we can "donate" money to the Nat'l Park and have the specialty plates.
Yeah...not to go politics...but I agree with those upcharges. I pay $50 annually to fund a living museum that still has living veterans given the opportunity to speak to school children and visitors and provide a tangible window into our past and the history of world altering events. Money well spent.

I’m also an a fan of National, state, county, municipal parks 😎

We can both agree that the make a wish in Florida is good stuff though 😉

MaryJaneP

Not sure this perspective makes sense to some who have out-of-state university plates, that they and their kids never attended, and for which they have no relatives or other links, but to which they are fans/followers. Exactly which state or states have no Disney fans in it? The percentage argument to support those charities, even local chapters thereof, seems to make more sense in keeping it local and maximizing the bang for the buck donated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure this perspective makes sense to some who have out-of-state university plates, that they and their kids never attended, and for which they have no relatives or other links, but to which they are fans/followers. Exactly which state or states have no Disney fans in it? The percentage argument to support those charities, even local chapters thereof, seems to make more sense in keeping it local and maximizing the bang for the buck donated.

College football/basketball sycophants (nobody is displaying their love of “education”) notwithstanding...I don’t want the Disney logos - 100% commercial - being shoved into license plates everywhere. Even for charity.

And I don’t think they want to either...window stickers are fine. Disney is cognizant of “too overbearing”...believe it or not...all evidence to the contrary.

I would totally pay for a make a wish plate...totally. I’d rather it not assume Walt Disney world is the only thing Of value in life...i’d rather it have a scan of a make of wish kid and their families...or something like that.

Just opinion. Everyone is right in theirs on this issue.

Walt d

College football/basketball sycophants (nobody is displaying their love of “education”) notwithstanding...I don’t want the Disney logos - 100% commercial - being shoved into license plates everywhere. Even for charity.

And I don’t think they want to either...window stickers are fine. Disney is cognizant of “too overbearing”...believe it or not...all evidence to the contrary.

I would totally pay for a make a wish plate...totally. I’d rather it not assume Walt Disney world is the only thing Of value in life...i’d rather it have a scan of a make of wish kid and their families...or something like that.

Just opinion. Everyone is right in theirs on this issue.
Wish i lived in Florida to be able to get one of those plates, its a good way to help make a wish. Its all a win win, for every one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom