News PHOTOS - New look Magic Kingdom auto-plaza shares similar color scheme with Cinderella Castle

KBLovedDisney

Kind of reminds me more of the color scheme of Mickey's Philharmagic lobby.
philharmagicqueue_0.jpg

Magic-Kingdom_Full_39324.jpg

I...actually don't mind it.

brb1006

I don't understand why they sell the classic logo on all the merchandise (well, most of it) and yet retain that gawdawful, cold, serif letterhead non-logo everywhere else. I think WDW's main gates are absolutely hideous.
If I remember correctly, Spectromagic was the last time the old WDW logo was used up till 2010. Unless you count the Plane that used to be at Hollywood Studio's tram tour.

JoeCamel

I think it has a deeper, richer feel to it with the new color scheme...I actually like it quite a bit (but still hate the new castle paint-job).
So if it looks regal and rich they won't mind forking over the $28 parking for an opportunity to spend $110+ to walk in the gates so much?
Feels more like a premium experience?
I agree ;)

Magic Feather

It was announced as permanent. Now the company refers to it as the “50th Celebration” paint job.

In light of Tokyo’s excellent refurb, strong industry rumors claim execs are unhappy with the WDW castle. We can’t prove that, but a simple paint test would’ve told them the same thing.

In a few years, it will need to be repainted anyway, and the narrative can be whatever the spin doctors decide at the time.

This is very interesting. Can you elaborate at all on what has been (possibly) heard?
I've heard similar things. The gist seems to be that the concept art provided (more than the only one that went public) didn't accurately depict the repaint. Like us, many high-ups thought this would be a much lighter/paler pink than it ended up being.

I'd expect to see at least a minor repaint in the nearer-than-originally-planned future.

DisneyOutsider

I've heard similar things. The gist seems to be that the concept art provided (more than the only one that went public) didn't accurately depict the repaint. Like us, many high-ups thought this would be a much lighter/paler pink than it ended up being.

I'd expect to see at least a minor repaint in the nearer-than-originally-planned future.
I thought it might grow on me with time, and then I saw it in person... And now it's in the background of my photos forever...haunting me.

It's bad. Can't imagine anyone that gets paid to make these decisions could be happy with it.

tirian

I thought it might grow on me with time, and then I saw it in person... And now it's in the background of my photos forever...haunting me.

It's bad. Can't imagine anyone that gets paid to make these decisions could be happy with it.
I haven’t seen it in person yet, but in addition to the photos across the internet, I’ve had friends call me on video chat to point out how awful it is in person.

Sorry that your corneas are burned forever. ;)

tirian

This is very interesting. Can you elaborate at all on what has been (possibly) heard?

The Execs are probably fed up hearing, "You just haven't seen it in the right lighting yet. Check it out with the right Instagram filters applied!"
I don’t know your personal financial situations, but imagine you make enough money to travel the world and have very expensive, refined taste in clothing, home decor, and cars.

Then your company’s flagship icon is covered in mismatched, splotchy, clashing, garish paint colors.

Animaniac93-98

They should give up on the pink and just go back to white or gray.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom