News Disney announces strategic restructuring of media and entertainment divisions.

brb1006

There have a couple I liked. Glow was fantastic and sad to see that one end. The other was the new Unsolved mysteries on Netflix. I mostly end watching old tv series as I find them much more enjoyable. Part of it is the over hype of these so called amazing series. For examples, Mandalorian was Meh and Stranger Things was awful
How was Mandalorian awful? Maybe The Imagineering Story could have caught your attention.

brb1006

I'm not into Star Wars. The Imagineering story didn't interest me.
How did The Imagineering Story not interest you? It discussed the history of Disneyland, Walt Disney World and the other Disney Parks (alongside highlight old and new Imagineers). That didn't win you over something?

MarvelCharacterNerd

I don't know why a studio would want to own theatres.
Studio heads on buying theaters:

Warner Bros & Universal Bosses Say No Movie Theater Buyouts In The Works, But “We’re Rooting For Them”​

"Donna Langley, chairman of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, and Ann Sarnoff, chair and CEO of Warner Bros had the same reaction Thursday when asked if their companies had any interest in buying movie theaters.

They laughed."

DCLcruiser

I frankly hate all this streaming junk. While cable has been getting expensive at least I get live TV and live sports something that streaming services don't give you. To be honest I have yet to find any original series that any of the services have put out to be good. It feels like nobody likes live TV anymore.
"Hulu with Live TV." That's what I use instead of cable. I get all the major cable channels (local broadcast), live sports, live events, etc.

DCLcruiser

How was Mandalorian awful? Maybe The Imagineering Story could have caught your attention.
To be honest, I force myself to enjoy it. I've always liked Boba Fett (I realize it's not about him), but the show itself is painfully slow. My wife doesn't like it, but we watch it.

ChrisM

It is important to call out racist comments no matter who they're about.

Daniel started as an intern and has worked his way up into leadership over the course of 14 years. He's a comic book and movie fan. He was part of the Marvel deal, and the development of Disney+. What evidence do you see that him being in this new role is going to be bad for the company we love?

Well, sort of.

My (admittedly vague) recollection was that Kareem interned during undergrad. After a brief stint at Andersen Consulting (which is curiously absent from his CV) after graduating he went back to Stanford for his MBA before joining Goldman and then eventually went back to Disney at the Director level. So not exactly a mailroom to C-suite journey.

Anyway, sharp guy and he's had a fabulous career. Good on him. I'll continue to wish him every success.

_caleb

Well, sort of.

My (admittedly vague) recollection was that Kareem interned during undergrad. After a brief stint at Andersen Consulting (which is curiously absent from his CV) after graduating he went back to Stanford for his MBA before joining Goldman and then eventually went back to Disney at the Director level. So not exactly a mailroom to C-suite journey.

Anyway, sharp guy and he's had a fabulous career. Good on him. I'll continue to wish him every success.
Thanks. Didn’t mean to imply that. In doing so, it may have sounded like Daniel had less experience than he does. Looking forward to seeing what he will do.

tirian

Thanks. Didn’t mean to imply that. In doing so, it may have sounded like Daniel had less experience than he does. Looking forward to seeing what he will do.
It looks like he doesn’t have the background after all, and Chapek continues to put business/salespeople in charge of creative divisions. This never works at entertainment companies.

Jrb1979

It looks like he doesn’t have the background after all, and Chapek continues to put business/salespeople in charge of creative divisions. This never works at entertainment companies.

Anyone else get the feeling this the beginning of the end of Disney. Not meaning they are going to go bankrupt but it going back to what is was before Covid.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Implies that Daniel’s promotion is primarily due to the color of his skin. The implication is found in the “while talented” part and the use of the word “pushing.”) If you didn’t mean to imply this with your post you might consider rewording the post to more accurately express your thoughts (given how it came across to at least one member here).

So you call affirmative action racist?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom