Fans Now Call For Splash Mountain to b Rethemed to....BLACK PANTHER?!

brb1006

caddff1c030727d1d01e9b0760cceb2c.jpg

I've got nothing to say about this.

No Name

(Repeating what I said on the other side.)
This could be a kind of meta in that the outside of the ride is pretending to be frontier themed but then the inside scenes are highly modern and futuristic. I’m certainly not advocating for this, nor is it even possible, but it’s a little bit funny to think about.

If Splash Mountain was in DCA I could see them doing something stupid like this.

Anjin

Armored Rhinos??? That’s also Robin Hood!!! That’s it!!! Retheme Splash as Robin Hood!!!! Critter Country can either keep its name or become Sherwood Forest!!!!!
I know you're joking, but a Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre Woods would actually fit better alongside Sherwood Forest. And it would make a better transition into that end of Galaxy's Edge. 🤣

D.Silentu

This reminds me of the company I had the other weekend. After using the restroom one of them joked about me swiping hotel towels. I have a pair of Hollywood Tower Hotel towels in the bathroom. I explained their significance and we all had a good laugh. Off handedly I mentioned they might be collectors items, which led to a conversation about the fate of the ride and its transformation into Mission Breakout. I was a bit caught off guard when the group praised the strategy of rebranding ride and complimented the business savvy.

The above petition reminded me of this story because both are visions of Chapek's Disney. The conversation I had was a reminder that the opinions we share on this platform are often microcosmic. I'm sure it's been mentioned in one of the numerous Splash Mountain threads, but up to this point it was almost unheard of that Disney would honor a fan request. While we realize there were probably a variety of reasons leading to it, ostensibly public opinion changed Disney's mind. Charged by that thought, I'm certain we will see plenty of similar petitions in the years to come.

Brer Oswald

This reminds me of the company I had the other weekend. After using the restroom one of them joked about me swiping hotel towels. I have a pair of Hollywood Tower Hotel towels in the bathroom. I explained their significance and we all had a good laugh. Off handedly I mentioned they might be collectors items, which led to a conversation about the fate of the ride and its transformation into Mission Breakout. I was a bit caught off guard when the group praised the strategy of rebranding ride and complimented the business savvy.

The above petition reminded me of this story because both are visions of Chapek's Disney. The conversation I had was a reminder that the opinions we share on this platform are often microcosmic. I'm sure it's been mentioned in one of the numerous Splash Mountain threads, but up to this point it was almost unheard of that Disney would honor a fan request. While we realize there were probably a variety of reasons leading to it, ostensibly public opinion changed Disney's mind. Charged by that thought, I'm certain we will see plenty of similar petitions in the years to come.
I don’t think it’s correct to assume that the decision was made because of fan petitions. Rather the decision was made to hit go and accelerate the announcement because it was the perfect opportunity to do so without getting backlash from the online community.

Now it’s certainly possible this update could have gotten cancelled because of the pandemic. Now they’ve backed themselves in a corner, to completely fund and develop two different log flumes, while the community had a newfound interpretation that petitions and online chants can actually have an impact on what Disney does (it won’t).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom