News Small World queue changes coming

ppete1975

Agreed, looks like a cm hid it as a joke/tribute. In (epcot) Canada we used to hide a small leprechaun figure in the windows of the buildings in the pavilion, whoever found him would find his next hiding spot.
wouldnt be the first time... the sacred progress city model had star wars action figures for a while.

"When I was first assigned to the restoration project, I made an appointment with Dave Ward to visit the model and talk about his involvement. Dave had been with WDW Decorating back in '03, and had done a "restoration" of his own. He is now with WDI, and very proudly showed me all of the Star Wars miniatures he had installed... and there were many, many more than anyone across the internet was ever aware. While, yes, it was funny, I don't believe it was appropriate to do that on Walt's model... especially since he didn't bother to clean or repair anything. He spent his budget on installing Star Wars figures and MicroMachine cars... that's it. I told him that I found that to be incredibly disrespectful to the history and heritage of the model and to the people who worked on it, not to mention Walt himself. I informed him that I would return all of his toys to him at the end of the project, and I did. I personally crawled through the model and removed each and every inappropriate toy, and placed them all in a cardboard box on Dave's desk."

https://sites.google.com/site/theoriginalepcot/progress-city-model/2013-restoration

Figments Friend

wouldnt be the first time... the sacred progress city model had star wars action figures for a while.

"When I was first assigned to the restoration project, I made an appointment with Dave Ward to visit the model and talk about his involvement. Dave had been with WDW Decorating back in '03, and had done a "restoration" of his own. He is now with WDI, and very proudly showed me all of the Star Wars miniatures he had installed... and there were many, many more than anyone across the internet was ever aware. While, yes, it was funny, I don't believe it was appropriate to do that on Walt's model... especially since he didn't bother to clean or repair anything. He spent his budget on installing Star Wars figures and MicroMachine cars... that's it. I told him that I found that to be incredibly disrespectful to the history and heritage of the model and to the people who worked on it, not to mention Walt himself. I informed him that I would return all of his toys to him at the end of the project, and I did. I personally crawled through the model and removed each and every inappropriate toy, and placed them all in a cardboard box on Dave's desk."

https://sites.google.com/site/theoriginalepcot/progress-city-model/2013-restoration

Wow....
Unbeleivable.
😲

First time hearing about this.
I am all for a bit of fun n' all and playing a little practical joke, but i have to agree that sticking a bunch of 'Star Wars' toys in a historically important and esthetcially valuable model is very disrespectful and downright STUPID.

Call me a grumpy old dragon, but this is on another level of 'overpaid dude with nothing better to do and wasting capex' stupid.
When the model could have been cleaned, repaired, and had those burned out bulbs replaced....this guy is foolin' around and sneaking in action figures...???

What the.....**** ...!

:bored:

-

tirian

In the Imagineering Story, Kim Irvine talked about the challenge of introducing classic characters into It's A Small World. She said that there was initial pushback from fans, but once the work was done, people really enjoyed playing "spot the character." Not sure if Fifi is part of this change, but it seems to me like they could lean a bit more into the "spot the character" approach to add a layer of interactivity to the ride.
Yeah. The spin was strong in that episode.

She’s also the imagineer who ruined Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella Castle, so... ;)

AndyS2992

Is "It's a Small World" always in quotes?
Yup. And always has been.
1180w-600h_TDID-worlds-fair-780x440.jpg

Homemade Imagineering

Wow! triggered a memory in my 10yo brain, thanks, what an event and shaped my life going to the fair.
Wow, it must’ve been amazing! I can only imagine! Speaking of vintage it’s a small world, here is some pretty impressive higher quality footage of Disneyland’s it’s a small world, in its second year of operation:

I do wonder why the hip bend movement on many of the dolls was changed later on to a simple back and forth movement... I personally like the original movements a bit more. I feel like the dolls look a bit more animated with those old movements.

Homemade Imagineering

I haven't been keeping up with everything going on with IASW's queue, so excuse me if I'm not understanding exactly what's going on here. Is the tent facade getting completely replaced, or is this a simple repainting? I know WDI filed a permit for the removal and reinstallation of graphics, so I'm assuming we're getting some type of new signage. if that's the case, I'd love to see some kinetic elements introduced to the facade to make it seem more animated. If you'd like to see an example of what I'm talking about, check out the new signage for Knott's Bear-y-tales: Return to the Fair.

MrPromey

I'm sure the woman in the first photo appreciates that there's a picture of her scratching her stomach on the internet.

... And people say masks are unneeded!

You can argue the mertis of how effective it is from saving us all from COVID but that mask is the only thing saving her dignity. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom