Yehaa Bob

mf1972

we’ve stayed at POFQ the last 3 years, but never made it to POR to see his show. we just never had time. i’ve watched it on youtube & wish i was able to see it in person. this does remind me how upset i was when the world showcase players were let go

hopemax

I disagree with this when it comes to Bob. He 100% makes Riverside money in alcohol sales. You ever seen that lounge when he’s playing? It’s jam packed for hours and the majority in there are ordering drinks. If his show is gone when they reopen there is no way that space is anything more than a quiet place to sit with maybe a handful of people in there at a time
But the reality is for the next year, or even multiple years if the resort stays closed longer, they aren’t going to have jam packed bars. It’s a discussion to have post-COVID, if it’s valuable to have a performer in the bar. And with the substantial closure, does it have to be Bob or a newer, cheaper act? (Management question, not mine).

I know we want normal to be soon, but I think these are the decisions that say corporate businesses think normal is a long way off.

DVCakaCarlF

See that’s the thing with the “eh I never watched xyz” attitude. Whatever is your thing won’t be there either. Unless your thing is immersive silence ala Galaxies Edge.
Exactly...because bricks and mortar don’t cost anything.
Again, is no one resisting these changes??? ...next thing you know these guys will say Mickey is being sold to Walmart.

Chi84

Premium Member
See that’s the thing with the “eh I never watched xyz” attitude. Whatever is your thing won’t be there either. Unless your thing is immersive silence ala Galaxies Edge.
That’s not at all what I said. I said I didn’t like Yeeha Bob and would prefer to see him replaced with, oh, someone who doesn’t make my husband sprint in the opposite direction. I love entertainment, which is why I said I hope they continue to have entertainment in that bar.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The cutting of entertainment isn't unexpected... It's low hanging fruit given the minimal attendance, closed venues, and current restrictions on crowd sizes. The question really is if it will (eventually) be replaced. While we all may consider groups like Voices of Liberty as sacred, there are no shortages of exceptionally tallented acapella singers out there. It could take a while to bring a bunch of new members up to speed, but you could completely disband VoL and recreate a new group that was just as good 9 months later. Same with Dapper Dans, same with Hoop Dee Doo cast, same with many other groups. Disney has had a multitude of Main Street piano players that have come and gone over the years dispute many considering them irreplaceable. While we may have grown to love the chemistry of the current groups, we will learn to love the new groups if/when Disney brings them back. I used to love the group Rockapella when I was a kid... I still enjoy them now even if none of the members are original members. Hopefully, some of these more unique acts will be rehired (if available) when the time is right.

Chi84

Premium Member
I’m giving you a hard time but I much preferred the short lived but amazing Canadian Circus that replaced Off Kilter. Don’t tell anyone though... keep it just between us. :)
I never saw that act. Didn’t like the lumberjacks, though, so not all new acts hit the mark.

Walt d

Ok, now I’m angry. Sure, so much of what they are cutting hurts but seriously, how much were they paying Bob? One of the best shows on property. How much more can they cut? This really hurts.
Just another cast member making a difference for hundreds of people. Too bad’

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom