Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is this including castmembers who have already returned to work or just those still furloughed? I read the statement and I don't quite know still.

It's awful all around but can you imagine going back only to be told 'never mind' a few months later?
I would assume anything is possible. However, it would seem fairly logical that those who have been called back would have a better chance of remaining employed. Only essential workers have been recalled.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe disney should think about packing up Disneyland and their headquarters and moving out of Cali
Yeah...that’s not the issue. But let your personal spite affect your view of reality 👍🏻
This was coming before Disneylands closure became so protracted. Mentioning it in public is just another thinly veiled swipe.
It is in indeed.
Is this expected to hurt Disneyland more due to them not being open at all? Or is this gonna affect both domestic sites pretty evenly?
No...when the economy gets a cold, travel gets the flu...all of it (bad timing on the analogy...but its the most applicable one)

This was inevitable. The world is barreling toward a prolonged recession (if we’re lucky). Stocks are not reflective of jobs and workers anymore.
The US is masking this because of unprecedented politics.
None of this is in doubt.

Last edited:

doctornick

Can anyone in the know tell us roughly how many people are employed by the parks? Be nice to put the number in context, though it is of little comfort for those losing their jobs.

Also does this include the cruise lines?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sad news. I also feel a bit bad for Josh picking up this position at this moment in time. He truly has great potential to do good in the company but is currently burdened by the difficulties of this pandemic.
“Josh”...white knight pre-anointed...knows exactly what the deal is...

Like a certain “ceo” when the real boss quit at 4:35 on a Friday in February...not much going on back then, huh?

Tavernacle12

Can anyone in the know tell us roughly how many people are employed by the parks? Be nice to put the number in context, though it is of little comfort for those losing their jobs.

Also does this include the cruise lines?
Some quite Googling brought up an article saying they furloughed 43,000 just at World way back in March. So this is pretty substantial (and is really insane considering college program and international program are not included in the totals).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom