Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Markiewong

Incredible that they’re adding 5 E Tickets within 5 years, and all but Soarin’ are original.

They’re basically building a new park’s worth of rides, shows, shops, and restaurants.
Isn't Frozen the only E-ticket in Fantasy Springs? Maybe Peter Pan aswell. Still its remarkable, but Sea really needed more attractions and capacity.

ThemeParkTraveller

Isn't Frozen the only E-ticket in Fantasy Springs? Maybe Peter Pan aswell. Still its remarkable, but Sea really needed more attractions and capacity.

Peter Pan should be a very large scale E-ticket as well. Frozen is the biggest, but Peter Pan's show building is roughly identical in size to Beauty and the Beast's. Tangled is about the size of Frozen Ever After at Epcot, but I suppose even it can reach E-ticket status with the right execution.

deere839

I believe its frozen and Pan are the 2 E tickets Tangled the building shape reminds me of little mermaid in WDW but with a outdoor section is a D ticket i feel while tinker bell a B Ticket at most i dont think there is any shops plan in this expansion unless there outside stalls that can be installed at any time

deere839

That first Belle animatronic is so good...

Also, I wonder if they can use the Fantasy Springs buildings as foundations to add mountain facades that extend from the castle towards the current facade behind the theatre.
they have done that before with soarin i believe extending the facade using backstage so i don't see why they wouldn't unless budget cut reasons

ChiGuy4Now

they have done that before with soarin i believe extending the facade using backstage so i don't see why they wouldn't unless budget cut reasons
Also with their Splash Mountain. There are backstage support buildings that have rockwork elements attached to deal with various sightline issues both from the ground and from the attraction itself.

SweetDuffy101

I kinda feel like there's some shadiness happening between OLC and WDJ, They didn't properly marketed the tokyo parks recent expansions and Disney parks Blog rarely post any Tokyo Disney related news. It seems like OLC announces anything first then after a few days or weeks or even months WDC decides to move, is it because of the choices OLC has been making over its parks vs WDC wanted for Tokyo,
and they always buttheads with regards to new offerings at parks and OLC taking full control of creatives at WDI.

cheezbat

Disney has NEVER heavily promoted their OLC developments for fear of it overshadowing their own parks. You should’ve seen what 2001 was like.

“DisneySea? What’s that? Can I interest you in California Adventure?”
Because they know the stuff they build here in the states is garbage in comparison to what they get in Tokyo. They’ve known they need to step their game up.

Animaniac93-98

Disney has NEVER heavily promoted their OLC developments for fear of it overshadowing their own parks. You should’ve seen what 2001 was like.

“DisneySea? What’s that? Can I interest you in California Adventure?”

The Spring 2001 issue of Disney Magazine was all about the opening of DCA.

When DisneySea opened that year it got less than 1 page coverage.

david10225

Here's another ride video with the full queue walkthrough this time.

I've watched every video I could find and the pacing on this one I think is spot on (as far as it was designed). The very last musical cue has the ride vehicles looking at the rose, they rotate to face unload on exactly the last note and the doors pop open. Perfect!

Now all that said, a few comments (just my opinion of course)...

I was surprised during load while waiting to enter the first scene, you could hear the entire musical number from the first scene while waiting for the doors to open. I am sure it is loud, but I don't think you should be able to hear the first number before you even enter the first room. BTW - love how the champagne bottles pop and spray (looks like fiber optics) on exactly the right moment and stop on the right moment. That part must be sort of a think that would break.

Ice scene - hmmmm...I noticed there are some physical clouds hanging down in one video so that's good and the floor is initially lit in swirls. I think they need some additional lighting effects in this room since as others have said there is not much to see.

This video is the first i've seen with a good view of the transformation. Pretty neat seeing it up close.

As other have said, the lack of forward motion seems a bit of a weak spot in the attraction.

Finally - ball room....sort of disappointing for me. My wife asked why does Mrs. Potts look like a pig. That's what I thought also. I don't know what they could do to enhance this scene other than maybe some projections/effects outside the windows.

I've been to those parks, and I've seen the people there clap after an attraction - for something so new, they didn't seem all that excited at the end....Perhaps it was the masks that made it hard to gauge response.

David

ThemeParkTraveller

I was surprised during load while waiting to enter the first scene, you could hear the entire musical number from the first scene while waiting for the doors to open. I am sure it is loud, but I don't think you should be able to hear the first number before you even enter the first room.

Ice scene - hmmmm...I noticed there are some physical clouds hanging down in one video so that's good and the floor is initially lit in swirls. I think they need some additional lighting effects in this room since as others have said there is not much to see.

Finally - ball room....sort of disappointing for me. My wife asked why does Mrs. Potts look like a pig. That's what I thought also. I don't know what they could do to enhance this scene other than maybe some projections/effects outside the windows.

I'm not sure what they can do to fix the Be Our Guest music bleeding into the load station. That's the problem having such a loud scene immediately after vehicles dispatch. I guess they can try turning up the background music in the loading station.

The Something There scene could probably accommodate some projections along the painted backdrop and maybe some wind or fake snow effects.

The ballroom scene is growing on me, and I think it's more entertaining and immersive than can be expressed in any video. It seems they wanted the experience of dancing together with Belle to be the highlight of that scene, though I still think the room could use more AAs to fill out all those platforms. I would definitely add at least Maurice and the Wardrobe.

david10225

I'm not sure what they can do to fix the Be Our Guest music bleeding into the load station. That's the problem having such a loud scene immediately after vehicles dispatch. I guess they can try turning up the background music in the loading station.

The Something There scene could probably accommodate some projections along the painted backdrop and maybe some wind or fake snow effects.

The ballroom scene is growing on me, and I think it's more entertaining and immersive than can be expressed in any video. It seems they wanted the experience of dancing together with Belle to be the highlight of that scene, though I still think the room could use more AAs to fill out all those platforms. I would definitely add at least Maurice and the Wardrobe.
Watched quite a few more videos today..(hey I'm retired...I got time)...and some additional suggestions from a nobody...

- In the Be Our Guest Scene - there are 6 cabinets with the dancing dishes all exactly the same. Since you visit two of the cabinets before you spin around to reveal the entire table, I think the groups of two should be different so you get to see two different things. Sort of like the pooh ride where you visit all 6 things which are different, but here since you only visit two, you should see two different things in the cabinets. Looks like video screen so I guess this could be done.

BTW - I saw one video taken from the back row - wow you have to look through the plexiglass - and it should be fine but with all of the spot lights they sometime reflect on the plexiglass and disturb your view. Not Disney fault of course cause of the virus.

Also you mileage may vary depending on where you get stuck watching a scene - for example if you are in the back row for the beauty beast scene where the curtain closes, its hard to see - but if you are in the back there, you are in the front with the better scene with the transformation.

Tons of timing issues depending on what is not working quite right. Take a look at this video if you have a chance (just the ride portion) and EXTENSIVE delays in the something there scene and the final scene...about minute 16:50 in this video..... the delay is over a minute long. At the end the entire score is over and the saucers are still rocking in the ballroom. I guess such a sophisticated ride is bound to have issues.

Finally, how about some LCD's in all that garland and the bunting in the ballroom and while your add it through in some fireworks seen outside the windows.

OK - back to the shadows..

David

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom