2021 D23 Expo Moving to 2022/TWDC 100th Anniversary Celebration Announcement

Surferboy567

I have to wonder where “for the 50th” came from.

I guess it was the Disneyland 60 thing that’s started this line of thinking?

But here what I have seen: Bob Iger NEVER authorized one of those “celebrations” in Florida. Not a one. Check the tape of that.
Maybe it’s because 50 is a decently sized milestone and since Disney makes holidays up for weird anniversaries 50th seems natural.

They also sort of hyped it up at the last D23 expo...kinda.

cmwade77

Wonder what that means for the exhibition business that Disney doesn’t feel confident hosting the expo in Q3 2021, as previously scheduled?
It means it is too hard to line up sponsors and booths when everyone is unsure when international travel will be allowed and these are essential to the business model.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe it’s because 50 is a decently sized milestone and since Disney makes holidays up for weird anniversaries 50th seems natural.

They also sort of hyped it up at the last D23 expo...kinda.
I’m not disputing the “logic” of it. Sure goes to OLD Disney patern.

But I have to wonder if they were more cognizant of places - cough LIKE US - who they knew would drum up free advertising/ hype while they just “hinted” on something??

They hadn’t invested in the wdw much at all for 20 years since dak. So they added the avatar, the mgm minilands (and they are just that), two new things in Epcot and tron...

There’s all the “new” in Disney vernacular they needed from their perspective. They have always used the term “new” loosely. Especially if they’ve pivoted away from growing frequent visitors.

Homemade Imagineering

This got me thinking as insiders have said...if PATF is indeed coming to DL sooner rather then later. Their may not even be a splash mountain in DL by the next D23 expo.

EPCOT can’t continue like this.
Good point there. Also I completely agree, Epcot is extremely depressing. I was so hopeful last year that they’d announce the next plans for the Epcot overhaul at D23 2021 which did include imagination as well as coco if I’m remembering correctly. Seems like both of those projects won’t happen for 7 years now... that is, unless they announce them along with other future projects way, way ahead of time, but they’re just so far away I cannot see that as a realistic option at all.

Brer Oswald

This got me thinking as insiders have said...if PATF is indeed coming to DL sooner rather then later. Their may not even be a splash mountain in DL by the next D23 expo.

EPCOT can’t continue like this.
I took that to mean sooner than Florida’s, which is probably in development hell at the moment. An insider said the timeline for California’s was delayed by 8 months, and this thing likely wasn’t going to be announced until next year’s expo regardless.

Besides, they’ll be able to at least fill half of the panel with “Zootopia Splash Mountain”, or whatever OLC and TDO come to an agreement on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom