Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

GoofGoof

Premium Member
...meanwhile FL case numbers not going the right way. Only 3 days of the last 14 under the 2,100 needed to get off the primary travel quarantine lists. Doesn’t look like that’s happening anytime soon. At least testing is up and percent positive looks better, but it’s still too early to see the impact of bars re-opening (which happens to correspond with the start of the college year a lot of places). Hopefully that doesn’t result in another large spike.

I still think Disney needs FL to get off the travel quarantine lists and some more positive trends soon to salvage a meaningful holiday season. Keeping the water parks shuttered until March, plus no hint of more hotels opening is an ominous sign that they don’t expect a big bump in guests anytime soon :(

legwand77

they had to extend, about time, things were getting busy, apologies for not using the correct link ;)

Good to see Disneyland HK opening back up this weekend, that makes Disneyland the only park not open. Ironic being the original park.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yep. Honestly, they should commit to these hours for weekends moving forward. Weekends have been much busier for awhile now.
Makes sense. Demand on the weekends is highly driven by locals and AP holders so it’s logical that the parks would be more crowded then. I would assume once we get closer to Thanksgiving there would be a surge of locals going to see the Christmas decorations too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure. But they could do that as some special after hours just for cast. Maybe two or three nights that CMs can sign up for in advance. I agree it would be a nice gesture.
...if wishes were fishes
The Disney executives need to adjust their calculous of what is success. The old concept of Crowds = Success concept is now untenable. Now the thought process needs to adjust, for instance Enhanced Experiences = Happy Guests = Long Term Repeat Patronage = $. Opening say at 10 A.M. but not closing till 9 / 9:30 would provide a period of darkness for lighting visuals at each venue (spread it out) etc. I am sure the imaginEar's can be creative with visual effects through out the parks. In short, Do Something to make the experience special for the guests w/o a large price tag, extensive staffing and not create a "crowd" in one specific location.
Yikes...your not encouraging them to raise prices for the same stuff, are you?
True, outside of Brazil on that list it is up to the countries to allow travel.
Brazil...the only place more insane. Thanks for that laugh 😂
Believe me, I’d be ecstatic if unrestricted but safe travel started again.
The United States won’t hear of this...

“you ain’t tellin us what to do!”
Looks like Universal mini HHN is going well so for, fully booked for today, pretty obvious they will expand it to 1 or 2 more houses if that keeps up throughout the weekend.
no in a few weeks
The CDC (such that it is) just released recommendations to basically cancel Halloween
Why does this loon keep bumping up this thread with Universal news?
You got it. It’s also trying to “prove” that demand is growing that is not supported by...well anything really. Locals on saturdays isn’t an amazing victory. Especially in light of poor management.
Yep. Honestly, they should commit to these hours for weekends moving forward. Weekends have been much busier for awhile now.
Overall numbers matter. Weekends are kinda the icing on a small cake at this point.
Makes sense. Demand on the weekends is highly driven by locals and AP holders so it’s logical that the parks would be more crowded then. I would assume once we get closer to Thanksgiving there would be a surge of locals going to see the Christmas decorations too.
On another note: I saw the magic kingdom on Trakkers video the other day and wow...they Really Cheaped out. Must have been massive cuts in “seasonal services”...

Figments Friend

legwand77

Universal extended hours again for this weekend, also the houses are staying around until Halloween, moving to be open daily starting on October 3rd until November 1st. Be interesting to see if they add more houses as rumored.

Wonder if Universal has nighttime shows before Disney, probably not as the areas to watch are much smaller in Universal, area near Hogwarts is tiny and packed.

giantgolfer

Universal extended hours again for this weekend, also the houses are staying around until Halloween, moving to be open daily starting on October 3rd until November 1st. Be interesting to see if they add more houses as rumored.

Wonder if Universal has nighttime shows before Disney, probably not as the areas to watch are much smaller in Universal, area near Hogwarts is tiny and packed.

For the 100th time...

This is a thread about WDW, not Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom