Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

rick_

They also missed staging Gaston and Belle songs, which are far more iconic and visually interesting then Something There which is a really boring scene in the ride and overstays it’s welcome (even before it goes into stall mode.)
I believe they were going for the Idea that you stayed inside the castle throughout the entire attraction, which makes sense considering the entrance and placement in the land. It does feel lacking In at least one more major scene, which seems to be a trend amongst this new set of fantasyland trackless rides (I really feel that Hunny Hunt could have done with a rainy day scene). Apart from that, both hit the nail on the head when it comes to modernizing the fantasyland dark ride.

Homemade Imagineering

I can’t understand why they decide to start making some plans for Wakanda (even if it’s just talk), when they really, REALLY should be focusing on imagination. Just why? Don‘t get me wrong, I‘m all for a major Wakanda E ticket somewhere, preferably at DHS, but they have to stop putting Imagination on hold, it’s such a depressing pavilion.

chad5871

Do you think there's any chance Disney would ever consider a walk-through version of Imagination in the pavilion? I actually don't know if there are any other "walk-through" themed dark rides in the parks... but I grew up in central Virginia going to Kings Dominion for years, and one of my favorite attractions was "Yogi Bear's Cave." It was relatively dark and just a walk-through themed attraction, but it was magical to me as a kid since you could walk through at your own pace, taking in all of the theming and sights at your own pace. It seems to me that a similar experience could be replicated with Imagination, and would allow the imagineers to come up with inventive and captivating elements without having to worry about the ride mechanism in the pavilion. I imagine this would be much cheaper to do, though it wouldn't be so much of a "ride" as an "experience." Video of Yogi's Cave below. Just an idea...

Bocabear

Do you think there's any chance Disney would ever consider a walk-through version of Imagination in the pavilion? I actually don't know if there are any other "walk-through" themed dark rides in the parks... but I grew up in central Virginia going to Kings Dominion for years, and one of my favorite attractions was "Yogi Bear's Cave." It was relatively dark and just a walk-through themed attraction, but it was magical to me as a kid since you could walk through at your own pace, taking in all of the theming and sights at your own pace. It seems to me that a similar experience could be replicated with Imagination, and would allow the imagineers to come up with inventive and captivating elements without having to worry about the ride mechanism in the pavilion. I imagine this would be much cheaper to do, though it wouldn't be so much of a "ride" as an "experience." Video of Yogi's Cave below. Just an idea...

Tom Sawyers Island has 2 caves like this. minus the zany music.

Homemade Imagineering

Great idea!

Homemade Imagineering

One of the coolest ideas I came up with, is to establish Dreamfinder as someone who has connections with S.E.A. if they were to bring him back in a mystic manor style attraction. This way he could even reference Lord Henry and Albert. Heck, they could even make a cameo appearance in said attraction.

Bocabear

While I love the spirit of this, Walk-through attractions are always kind of lame. The ride systems were developed to move people through so that there are not backups...In this age of "Selfie Fever", a walk through attraction would take forever to get through... There are plenty of ride systems out there that do not have to be completely re-imagined like the original ride system... Trackless, Omnimover, Hybrid-coaster...These systems already exist. They just need to build an engaging attraction.

Homemade Imagineering

While I love the spirit of this, Walk-through attractions are always kind of lame. The ride systems were developed to move people through so that there are not backups...In this age of "Selfie Fever", a walk through attraction would take forever to get through... There are plenty of ride systems out there that do not have to be completely re-imagined like the original ride system... Trackless, Omnimover, Hybrid-coaster...These systems already exist. They just need to build an engaging attraction.
Yeah, it’s a great idea on paper, but just like you said, people nowadays would create problems within the walkthrough because they’ll want to constantly take pictures in every spot. Not everyone necessarily, but there will be those who do and they’ll end up blocking the pathways for everyone else.

Mac Tonight

Hey! WDW spy who's secretly reading these boards, make a good Figment and Dreamfinder attraction! Thanx!

worth a shot I suppose.
I'm not sure I trust current WDI to do a Figment and Dreamfinder attraction proper justice... At this point, I think just the fact they haven't removed Figment from his current home is a win.

Homemade Imagineering

Was there a reason Disney didn’t reuse the Figment animatronics leftover from the original attraction when they built Journey into Imagination with Figment? Was it because some of the original figures had already been auctioned to private collections at the time? I just don’t see why they had to build new figures for the attraction when they had so many of them leftover. I understand that some of the figures were and still are in their possession to this day, such as the performing arts figment that was located at One Man’s Dream, the figment holding the blocks that say CAT, and the figment that was located at the beginning of the arts scene next to the Dreamfinder AA holding the giant paintbrush.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Was there a reason Disney didn’t reuse the Figment animatronics leftover from the original attraction when they built Journey into Imagination with Figment? Was it because some of the original figures had already been auctioned to private collections at the time? I just don’t see why they had to build new figures for the attraction when they had so many of them leftover. I understand that some of the figures were and still are in their possession to this day, such as the performing arts figment that was located at One Man’s Dream, the figment holding the blocks that say CAT, and the figment that was located at the beginning of the arts scene next to the Dreamfinder AA holding the giant paintbrush.
I think they used the original molds, for what it's worth.

Homemade Imagineering

I thought about this for a while, and I do feel like they'll end up sticking with the Imagination theme for V4 whenever that may be, and I say that because every FutureWorld Pavilion that's been shuttered has retained the same general theme. Take for example Test Track, deriving its theme from World of Motion and the overall theme of Transportation, or even Cosmic Rewind, sticking with the Big Bang as a central driving force within the attraction's storyline. If this trend continues of sticking with the general theme of a pavilion, while completely changing the attraction itself, I feel that it'll be more likely for them to keep the Imagination theme within Imagination, despite whatever attraction V4 may be. Plus the theme of Imagination is a bit more flexible than that of, Test Track, or Cosmic Rewind/UoE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom