The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

This email just gave me a panic attack.. I’m not trying to think about this yet!!! (the bold is mine)

Future ^^*^^^ and Families,

I hope this message finds you and your family healthy, safe, and well! For those of you with 8th graders, this is a big year for you as your son navigates which high school will be the best fit for him. For families with 5th, 6th and 7th graders, it is never too early to start looking at ****** High School! It has been an interesting school year so far to say the least. We have been fortunate here at ***** to be back to school full time. Our classrooms are air conditioned and the front of our building looks incredible! We can't wait for you and your family to visit!

___
_

I’m assuming this will be the first of many, from area high schools. 😬. Is time really going this quickly???😥

StarWarsGirl

We are going in November. Hubs and I will miss some of the holiday stuff that is usually done (Candlelight Processional, Christmas Party...) but we are still looking forward as to what will be offered. I think the crowds might be slightly more than what it was in August when we went but probably not back to normal yet.

However, I would give pause if I was travelling from a different country. If you decide to do go make sure the cancellation policy is one that is favorable and acceptable to you incase you have to cancel or if you aren't allowed entry from some reason (not quite sure what the border policy is for Mexico with Covid right now).
What she said @Cesar R M . We're looking at going again in November. Our former next door neighbor lives in Florida and unfortunately can't go right now, so she's offered to sell us points dirt cheap (that's how we were able to go in August; it was actually cheaper than going through Pop). It was amazing because of the low crowds. But I'd be wary with the travel restrictions coming from another country.

donaldtoo

I've never been into cosmetics either. I used to do some eyeliner, mascara, and a little cover up & powder but I haven't bothered in quite awhile. My husband doesn't care if I wear any and more importantly I'm fine with how I look without it. My mom and sister are into it but just was never my thing. Maybe I just don't have a talent for putting it on.

My DWifey wore makeup and perfume when we first started dating, and I wore cologne, although neither of us to excess.
We haven’t spent any real money on either in many years. I’ve always thought she looked great without makeup anyway, and we prefer each other’s natural scent.
Perfumes and colognes are somethin’ that has progressively bugged me more and more over the years, although, there are still scents that are nice...in moderation.
Cosmetics/perfume depts./aisles, along with soap/detergent aisles are somethin’ I try to avoid these days...too many overpowering scents for me.

93boomer

Premium Member
True, although I think they also can only have one person cleaning a room at a time.

No idea about the food court situation. Beach Club Marketplace was closed, so we were eating in parks. Mobile Ordering was still going smoothly.
Mobile ordering is your friend!!! It’s the only way you can get food. They have walk-ups at some restaurants but the lines look really long. I would rather order on my phone then pick up quickly.
We are at CBR. No mousekeeping yet. We finally took our trash out this evening. I thought they would do it every other day but nothing so far. And we’ve been here since Friday! 🤨

StarWarsGirl

Mobile ordering is your friend!!! It’s the only way you can get food. They have walk-ups at some restaurants but the lines look really long. I would rather order on my phone then pick up quickly.
We are at CBR. No mousekeeping yet. We finally took our trash out this evening. I thought they would do it every other day but nothing so far. And we’ve been here since Friday! 🤨
That's really odd. DVC they normally don't do it until the fourth day but they were in every other day.

Cesar R M

What she said @Cesar R M . We're looking at going again in November. Our former next door neighbor lives in Florida and unfortunately can't go right now, so she's offered to sell us points dirt cheap (that's how we were able to go in August; it was actually cheaper than going through Pop). It was amazing because of the low crowds. But I'd be wary with the travel restrictions coming from another country.
I actually talked with the embassy via online. There are no issues going thru plane.
Seems the restrictions are only via land. Because you get reviewed in plane.
Going to Canada thats another animal lol. supposedly you have to be 14 days in quarantine.

93boomer

Premium Member
That's really odd. DVC they normally don't do it until the fourth day but they were in every other day.
That’s what we think. They did leave us a big supply but no extra toiletries. We only see a cart running around at night sometimes with towels on it. I don’t know if they don’t have enough staff or what.
We are putting the used towels in a trash bag outside our door in the morning to see if it gets picked up. It is really strange.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I actually talked with the embassy via online. There are no issues going thru plane.
Seems the restrictions are only via land. Because you get reviewed in plane.
Going to Canada thats another animal lol. supposedly you have to be 14 days in quarantine.

Definitely make sure the cancellation policy is acceptable to you. November is only two months away, but things tend to swing suddenly one way or the other. Flu season is approaching. Covid is still spreading. Even if air travel is fine now, who knows what it will look like in a couple months

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So.. David's is showing very good prices in DVC. I wonder if its worth buying to visit WDW.

@StarWarsGirl : Do you think its worth going in November?
I went in November and it was bitter cold. I still had fun on my solo trip. I went two weeks later in December and I was in shorts. It wasn’t bad in January or February either.

keep in mind a few things,

-my deciding factor is Covid as WDW ramps up its attendance levels

-know at any point our President could turn on Mexico with tourism

-cut offs with David’s are clear for cancelling. Know the risks and fine print

My DD found a deal in November with David’s for Saratoga for $900 for 7 nights today. In a heartbeat we would snatch it but COVID isn't being handled well in FL nor is social distancing in WDW according to members with boots on the ground this week. We likely won’t go. Just know all the facts

FL currently #2

UPDATE: Top 10 states with the highest Coronavirus infection rates:

1. LA -
2. FL -
3. MS -
4. AL -
5. AZ -
6. GA -
7. TN -
8. SC -
9. IA -
10. AR -

Cesar R M

That’s what we think. They did leave us a big supply but no extra toiletries. We only see a cart running around at night sometimes with towels on it. I don’t know if they don’t have enough staff or what.
We are putting the used towels in a trash bag outside our door in the morning to see if it gets picked up. It is really strange.
Not sure what your experience is. But I never got clean service unless I strictly mentioned it in the front desk.

Cesar R M

Definitely make sure the cancellation policy is acceptable to you. November is only two months away, but things tend to swing suddenly one way or the other. Flu season is approaching. Covid is still spreading. Even if air travel is fine now, who knows what it will look like in a couple months
David's is the only problem, no refundable.
Airline is refundable and changeable.
My main reason of trip is going to Houston for my Implant Calibration, which I'm missing by a lot. I'm understanding a lot less than normal.
So I was checking if it was convenient to go to WDW. Since I'm probably not going anywhere for months until I save money to see if I move to Canada for real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom