Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

mrfires

Why do people who want California to stay closed always belittle the situation? There’s a lot more at stake than not being able to eat inside a restaurant. People’s businesses and livelihoods have been crushed because of this lockdown.

I don’t know about you guys, but everyone I have talked to are sick of these lockdowns. The only people who have said otherwise are those who see no issue in living off unemployment.

I can’t believe 7 months later and there’s still people who say we need to be locked down even further.

cmwade77

LOL. Unless Disneyland is "most of your life" there are a few limited restrictions in California, at least where I live in San Francisco. We're managing our case rates and deaths here in this part of the state in a sensible manner. Yes, there are inconveniences, but other than being forced to work from home I'm going about my normal day-to-day activities including eating out at restaurants.
Tell that to the people that work there and are beginning to exhaust their unemployment benefits very soon.

truecoat

Why do people who want California to stay closed always belittle the situation? There’s a lot more at stake than not being able to eat inside a restaurant. People’s businesses and livelihoods have been crushed because of this lockdown.

I don’t know about you guys, but everyone I have talked to are sick of these lockdowns. The only people who have said otherwise are those who see no issue in living off unemployment.

I can’t believe 7 months later and there’s still people who say we need to be locked down even further.

1296 dead on Sept 20th, 925 dead on the 21st. It hasn't ended and it's not subsiding at all so let's make it worse?

ElvisMickey

Disney is basically begging California at this point to let it reopen.

Mac Tonight

Yeah... it's amazing how some people just brush this whole situation off as "a little inconvenience" as though this sort of thing happens all the time.

Mac Tonight

You could open all restaurants tomorrow and only a fraction of those jobs are coming back. A large percentage of people will stay away until we have some sort of resolution, whatever that may be. Sitting indoors in a restaurant like space for hours at a time is the worst thing you could do right now.
... OK. You still haven't convinced me this is just "a little inconvenience".

mrfires

Yeah... it's amazing how some people just brush this whole situation off as "a little inconvenience" as though this sort of thing happens all the time.
Wow, you want to reopen your business that you’ve worked decades on building from the ground up? YIKES. Sorry but you’re literally murdering people.

Besides, we all know you just want to eat at Sizzlers and get a haircut. There’s literally nothing wrong with staying in your home for 8 months. Otherwise you’re just a heartless psychopath who doesn’t care that people die.

cmwade77

Ok, I think this thread definitely is going to be moved to the political forum at this point, this has nothing to do with Disneyland reopening anymore.

Mac Tonight

Ok, I think this thread definitely is going to be moved to the political forum at this point, this has nothing to do with Disneyland reopening anymore.
Honestly, I don't know how we're supposed to discuss the re-opening of Disneyland without bringing up the very thing that is keeping it closed in the first place...

But if the mods decide to move it, so be it. We're pretty much just shouting past each other at this point anyways...

cmwade77

Honestly, I don't know how we're supposed to discuss the re-opening of Disneyland without bringing up the very thing that is keeping it closed in the first place...

But if the mods decide to move it, so be it. We're pretty much just shouting past each other at this point anyways...
Well, the problem is we will never all agree on the points on COVID, personally I think everything should have reopened after two weeks as originally promised and I think numbers would have been a lot better both economically and in terms of the virus, but of course I can't prove that theory since that isn't what our government did.

Mac Tonight

Well, the problem is we will never all agree on the points on COVID, personally I think everything should have reopened after two weeks as originally promised and I think numbers would have been a lot better both economically and in terms of the virus, but of course I can't prove that theory since that isn't what our government did.
We'll never agree on COVID, because COVID itself isn't a 1-1 disease. How does an otherwise healthy person in their 20's get it and die, while my 65 year old Mother-in-Law who is on immune-suppressants and has a slew of other medical issues, beat it within a week?

lazyboy97o

The Walt Disney World thread remains without being moved.

There was no such promise.

We'll never agree on COVID, because COVID itself isn't a 1-1 disease. How does an otherwise healthy person in their 20's get it and die, while my 65 year old Mother-in-Law who is on immune-suppressants and has a slew of other medical issues, beat it within a week?
That describes almost all diseases. The difference is we have years of experience with those diseases. They have known patterns. If any one of them suddenly surged in cases it would elicit a response. If something that only killed a handful of people surged to become one fo the leading causes of death in mere months it would cause a response. At some point the disease will likely become endemic and a consensus will have to be found on what is acceptable in terms of death and cases. That though is never going to happen with the deliberate use of misinformation and conspiracies because they point to a preferred outcome.

No, reopening will help things along by not having the things that are open as crowded.
Could work but also could just make it worse. Look at Downtown Disney when that opened. Disneyland is going to get swarmed by so many people. In California theirs 40 million people. 1/40th of the entire state is a Disney annual passholder. And it doesn't matter if there are reservations or not. I can already see people just waiting outside the gates hoping they get in because they didn't reserve a date.

D

Deleted member 107043

Some of those people would likely be dead if things had reopened after the two-week shutdown.
The restaurants in Florida are packed on a regular basis. Most people are over it and tired of hearing about it.

Florida may be the worst example of how to fight a global pandemic. Deaths from Covid-19 per million are about double California's and cases per million are the second highest in the US.

Anyway, you kids go ahead and go to Disneyland when it opens, assuming that happens anytime soon. I'll be staying away until there's a safe vaccine.

ElvisMickey

Some of those people would likely be dead if things had reopened after the two-week shutdown.

Florida may be the worst example of how to fight a global pandemic. Deaths from Covid-19 per million are about double California's and cases per million are the second highest in the US.

Anyway, you kids go ahead and go to Disneyland when it opens, assuming that happens anytime soon. I'll be staying away until there's a safe vaccine.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid. Florida has been opening more and more, including the theme parks and cases have consistently dropped since they’ve been open. It’s a good time here!

Mac Tonight

And there it is, this bizarre unwillingness to deal with reality. All sorts of garbage has been tolerated in these threads before they get moved, far and away more than has been tolerated in the Walt Disney World thread.
It's OK.

tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom