News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

SpaceMountain77

I'm assuming removing some beams in an attempt to make for a more spacious interior.

I, too, have been trying to figure this out. Based on knowledge of the lobby, I am assuming it is the following:

77A0BC05-EC5C-41B2-AAE8-B1CB3CBDD638.jpeg

rowrbazzle

Unless they are planning on some other structural support, some of the beams must be decorative and not load bearing. I like the beams 🤷🏻‍♂️
I do too. It doesn't seem like it actually opens anything up either. It's not like they can do much with that ceiling, as that's the upper floor right above them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting.. The memo may have confused columns and beams. I have heard that happen at times in casual conversation. I like beams too, also lobby fountains. :)
Definitely a possibility it got mixed up somehow, but then on the other-hand it wouldn't surprise me to see something done like that. They are keen on opening things up these days and minimizing.

Bocabear

It's already a clear wide open lobby area that is usually uncrowded and vacant...What do they need more open space for? Is it just to try and look more like a Hampton Inn because "Guest Surveys" say that people want more open space and less theming?
I am baffled by the decisions the company makes lately.

nicb88

Definitely a possibility it got mixed up somehow, but then on the other-hand it wouldn't surprise me to see something done like that. They are keen on opening things up these days and minimizing.

Looking at the photo you posted in reply to my last question, I’m wondering if it means the crossbeams in the glass roof, so that it allows more light in? Who knows until they do it, I suppose!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It's already a clear wide open lobby area that is usually uncrowded and vacant...What do they need more open space for? Is it just to try and look more like a Hampton Inn because "Guest Surveys" say that people want more open space and less theming?

I've found it gets busy when it rains. Without covered walkways between buildings everyone tends to hang out until the weather clears. Then each time a monorail stops more people fill in. But even then I've never thought that more space is needed. This feels like it may be more anesthetic changes.

Looking at the photo you posted in reply to my last question, I’m wondering if it means the crossbeams in the glass roof, so that it allows more light in? Who knows until they do it, I suppose!

The roof beams + light fixtures bring some different shadows that might be weird to some but I think at least add some interesting texture.

rowrbazzle

In my experience, it's usually not too bad on the ground floor, but the top floor is often pretty crowded. Having the security screening at the monorail also results in back-ups into the building.

The suggestion that it will be less themed or look more like a Hampton Inn runs contrary to the information about incorporating elements from Moana. That movie looks far from bland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom