Beauty and the Beast Tokyo ride through

Phineas

Original Poster

Overall, I think it’s stunning and I’m seething with jealousy. I think it could use another show scene, or an extension of the Mob Song towards the end. But again, I spent most of the video with my jaw on the floor.

And sure, Tokyo gets this, but do they have cardboard masks on sticks and other lite dress up options like we have in Orlando??

Magenta Panther

My god, look at this.

To you guys here in the States - doesn't this make you angry? Behold, a ride we will NEVER get in Walt's home country!

Because Bob Iger is a cement-headed greedy pig and he thinks we Yanks are stupid. He thinks we'll settle for non-Disney IP intrusions and makeovers and corner-cutting and plastic fish glued on walls and a forever-broken AA in Expedition Everest, among other outrages. AND price hikes and lesser value for our dollars. He really thinks we're stupid.

Okay, I'm now with the others here who think that WDW should be sold to the Oriental Land Company. I'm in. Because we all know TDO is poorly-run and focused only on how much merch they can sell to the dumb rubes who visit the parks.

TDO, I hope you look at this and realize how effed up you are. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

Damn, this makes me sick.

prfctlyximprct

Just watched this and I am BLOWN AWAY. I wish soooo badly Florida would get this! This ride is amazing. Maybe one day I will be able to go to Tokyo but I will keep wishing for a Florida copy 🙏🏻

tirian

Neat effects notwithstanding, proof that it’s difficult to translate the dynamism of cinema into a theme park ride (e.g. Be Our Guest). Early Imagineers were filmmakers and understood this implicitly. The current WDI generation seems to struggle with the concept.
Regarding the story and pacing, I’m there with you. Just like everything else from current WDI and Entertainment, unless Rohde is involved, the attractions and shows feel disjointed and empty. Many reviewers are using the word “cold,” and I agree. Maybe we’re in the WDI equivalent of Disney animation from the early ‘80s. This is a book report ride full of empty spaces.

But wow, those spaces are gorgeous! Even the ceilings are complete, and that’s a typical cop-out area for recent Disney and Universal projects. The pacing and AA count are lackluster, but every penny spent shows.

tirian

My god, look at this.

To you guys here in the States - doesn't this make you angry? Behold, a ride we will NEVER get in Walt's home country!

Because Bob Iger is a cement-headed greedy pig and he thinks we Yanks are stupid. He thinks we'll settle for non-Disney IP intrusions and makeovers and corner-cutting and plastic fish glued on walls and a forever-broken AA in Expedition Everest, among other outrages. AND price hikes and lesser value for our dollars. He really thinks we're stupid.

Okay, I'm now with the others here who think that WDW should be sold to the Oriental Land Company. I'm in. Because we all know TDO is poorly-run and focused only on how much merch they can sell to the dumb rubes who visit the parks.

TDO, I hope you look at this and realize how effed up you are. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

Damn, this makes me sick.
Did you see Pop Century is going for $260–$360 per night in 2021? That’s the current state of the American parks.

This ride isn’t perfect, but again, at least you can see where the money was spent.

@marni1971 can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe OLC ever considered purchasing the American parks. I think Iger simply shopped them to OLC, who weren’t interested. Another company began talks, but they didn’t get far after Uni opened Potter.

Last edited:

BubbaisSleep

I just seen another ride-through video which shows that this one provided had several delay issues. I still thought some scenes were repetitive with the dancing. Be Our Guest did the dancing first and right. The second scene may have looked like a blizzard but it was so dry. The last scene starts feeling repetitive & the second time they circle Belle & Beast there should have been some reveal or “wow moment” as we’ve already circled around things 3 times now. A fleshed out mob scene with Gaston vs Beast would have completed the attraction.

Looks like a very fun ride & I’m still mind-blown by the tech used. Nothing feels cheap about this attraction and I believed they tried their best.

ThemeParkTraveller

I just seen another ride-through video which shows that this one provided had several delay issues. I still thought some scenes were repetitive with the dancing. Be Our Guest did the dancing first and right. The second scene may have looked like a blizzard but it was so dry. The last scene starts feeling repetitive & the second time they circle Belle & Beast there should have been some reveal or “wow moment” as we’ve already circled around things 3 times now. A fleshed out mob scene with Gaston vs Beast would have completed the attraction.

Looks like a very fun ride & I’m still mind-blown by the tech used. Nothing feels cheap about this attraction and I believed they tried their best.

Do you have a link to that other video?

waltography

Regarding the story and pacing, I’m there with you. Just like everything else from current WDI and Entertainment, unless Rohde is involved, the attractions and shows feel disjointed and empty. Many reviewers are using the word “cold,” and I agree. Maybe we’re in the WDI equivalent of Disney animation from the early ‘80s. This is a book report ride full of empty spaces.

But wow, those spaces are gorgeous! Even the ceilings are complete, and that’s a typical cop-out area for recent Disney and Universal projects. The pacing and AA count are lackluster, but every penny spent shows.
Definitely agree. The size of the ride vehicles certainly isn't helping the emptiness, considering how much they have to factor their space. It was really the most exposed IMO during the Something There section where there really wasn't much the teacups could do except spin around each other a la Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

At the same time, I get why they made the vehicles big considering how long each set of vehicles stays in any given room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom