News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

BoarderPhreak

Poly rooms last refurbed 2013...
That long ago already? Wow, time flies. The lobby was redone in 2015, then they redid the Oasis Pool (East Pool) in 2016, along with a variety of other outdoor spaces and paths. They also redid the Tambu Lounge in 2018. So it's been a string of refurbs over the years, which might explain the Mandela Effect on the rooms. 😛

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, can the Journey of Water go into the lobby at the Poly instead?
whynotboth.gif

tired_photog

I would think your dates being Dec 31st and Jan 1st is the reason there were so few options.

So apparently the Disney phone rep wasn’t being completely honest with me. While checking online yesterday I found plenty of other resort options for the dates we’re staying.

Long story short we’re now staying in a much larger one bedroom at Boulder Ridge. So anybody who has to move from Poly make sure to do your homework online before getting on the phone with Disney. They have more resort vacancy than they are letting on.

JoeCamel

So apparently the Disney phone rep wasn’t being completely honest with me. While checking online yesterday I found plenty of other resort options for the dates we’re staying.

Long story short we’re now staying in a much larger one bedroom at Boulder Ridge. So anybody who has to move from Poly make sure to do your homework online before getting on the phone with Disney. They have more resort vacancy than they are letting on.
Or maybe the rep wasn't being shown the other options? If you want someone to sound sincere and not have them second guess themselves you would set up the system to do the steering and not give too many choices.

I have a DVC reservation at Poly Dec 6-15. With the announced refurb, will all that is open now, be closed---Cap'n Cooks, etc? I know the DVC rooms will be open, but will food be available at the resort, and will the gift shops and store be open?

KYDVC

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort to begin Great Ceremonial House refurbishment next week
Any idea how long the Great Ceremonial House/monorail stop will be closed? Our 7 month window for our mid-May trip opens in the next few weeks and we were looking at staying there for the first time. If this is expected to be closed, we will wait for another year to stay there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any idea how long the Great Ceremonial House/monorail stop will be closed? Our 7 month window for our mid-May trip opens in the next few weeks and we were looking at staying there for the first time. If this is expected to be closed, we will wait for another year to stay there.
Not sure yet. I would possibly avoid the Poly until after next summer.

The article says "Although the main hotel will remain unavailable for stays until the Summer of 2021, the villas and bungalows will remain open as normal. " I would take that to mean don't count on it before late June or July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom