D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Figments Friend

As i have confessed earlier in this thread, 'The Land' is a mighty nice design and I might just have a go.

The 'Soarin' poster is also a nice design, but I can't do two.
'The Land' has always appealed to me because of the color choices, design, and the Pavilion as a whole in itself.
Still one of the last remnants of what EPCOT Center used to be....and be about.

-

SoFloMagic

Should be smooth.
Seems like they may be trying to improve. Today was the merch pass for the minnie collection. Previously they stated you'd only get an email if selected. Today I got an email telling me I wasn't and telling me when to log on to buy remaining items.

They have a long way to go, but a little transparency is certainly a welcome sight.

trainplane3

Seems like they may be trying to improve. Today was the merch pass for the minnie collection. Previously they stated you'd only get an email if selected. Today I got an email telling me I wasn't and telling me when to log on to buy remaining items.

They have a long way to go, but a little transparency is certainly a welcome sight.
I don't know the ShopDisney side of things. I just know there was a very vocal group of people that were not happy. The kind of minority that Disney tries to appease at all costs.

SD knows they screwed up big time and it's been communicated very clearly and bluntly to them.

For us normal boring people, communicate your issues to SD directly even though it may seem like it may not go anywhere (oh it is). But also direct praises to Cyclops Print Works. They're the one's that are making these things. They deserve the credit. These may "only be posters" but they're difficult and time consuming to make.

You want more of these posters in the future? Tell Cyclops (https://cyclopsprintworks.com/pages/contact-us). Tell Shop Disney (guest.services@shopdisney.com).

Magic Feather

As i have confessed earlier in this thread, 'The Land' is a mighty nice design and I might just have a go.

The 'Soarin' poster is also a nice design, but I can't do two.
'The Land' has always appealed to me because of the color choices, design, and the Pavilion as a whole in itself.
Still one of the last remnants of what EPCOT Center used to be....and be about.

-
Me too. I was pretty happy with just my
Norway posted, but when I saw the Land poster I found the design to be beautiful. I may end up springing for it.

Figments Friend

Me too. I was pretty happy with just my
Norway posted, but when I saw the Land poster I found the design to be beautiful. I may end up springing for it.

When the imagery of this poster design series was first unveiled at the D23 Expo last year, I really liked a lot of them.
Obviously 'Imagination' had immediate appeal, but 'The Land' poster oddly stood apart for me -

image.jpeg

It's the chosen color palette used, and the overall design composition.
It also cleverly shows most of the design and Attraction elements that make up the Pavilion.
From the triangular shapes of the greenhouse 'biodome', to the 'Living with The Land' set pieces...to even the famous 'Earth's crust' tile mural at the entrance !
Bonus points for including that.

All that's missing is the design used for those beautiful 'carpeted walls' in the queue area of the Harvest Theater.
I love those walls.

;)

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Do we know who the artist, or artists were who created this series of designs?
I don't recall hearing mention of their name (s) and I would really like to know.

Sometimes Disney will note the artist when selling prints or other art pieces online or in the 'Art of Disney' locations.
I really like the style and color choices on a lot of the designs from this series and would like to know who created these works.

Anyone know...?

-

hopemax

Do we know who the artist, or artists were who created this series of designs?
I don't recall hearing mention of their name (s) and I would really like to know.

Sometimes Disney will note the artist when selling prints or other art pieces online or in the 'Art of Disney' locations.
I really like the style and color choices on a lot of the designs from this series and would like to know who created these works.

Anyone know...?

-
A Google search came up with Eric Tan and his wife Stacey Aoyama.

trainplane3

ANY chance these get re-issued as simple prints and not fancy schmancy prints as an open edition?

(rages in Imagination)
I wouldn't expect these to be released as regular prints (even though I'd like to see it happen). Lesser chance these will even be reissued with the same dimensions. I have a feeling we'll be seeing these reappear in the future though. There's a large demand. One side knew there would be but the other side doubted them.

RSoxNo1

A Google search came up with Eric Tan and his wife Stacey Aoyama.

I believe the listings on ShopDisney.com specifically said Stacey Aoyama. But Eric Tan has done a bunch of stuff for them in the past as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom