Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Epcot was to get Rat or BatB. They chose Rat.
1F3FAD24-0877-4035-901D-EAB5B2C7B220.png

ToTBellHop

CMM to Pandora
ST1 to ST2
TT1 to TT2 (the ride lost a little edge, but EPCOT gained a lot)

Anything else?
GE I love, although I loved the Backlot and Streets of America too. I'll call that one a draw, but might very well come to consider it a gain.
Otherwise, except for Springs, I struggle to come up with anything in WDW that is better now than at the beginning of the decade.

Wish that 'closed for your future enjoyment' would instill excited anticipation again instead of fear.
I actually think MMRR is *better* than GMR though I would have preferred they kept both. We will see about GotG. UoE was an embarrassment during the 2010s.

Frozen singalong is surprisingly good and better than anything in that space in decades.

Toy Story Land is more enjoyable than any recent Backlot Tour.

Soarin Around the World is a net-plus for the park—we got digital projectors and a show that fits Epcot better.

The new Land show is actually good. Haven’t seen the Canada show or BatB singalong though I expect the former is good.

I liked the M:S updates.

The Coronado Springs update was absolutely a win. And I personally approve of the Copper Creek updates at WL.

It hasn’t been that awful...

UNCgolf

Toy Story Land is more enjoyable than any recent Backlot Tour.

That (along with some other things on your list; not all) are hard to really call improvements, though. If you let something rot and then replace it, the replacement is going to be better almost by default. The original Backlot Tour was much better than Toy Story Land, which is frankly terrible. It's almost embarrassing for Disney to have built something of that quality level; it looks like it belongs in a regional park and it's headliner attraction (Slinky Dog) isn't even top 5 in Hollywood Studios, which is really bad considering the meager offerings there.

ToTBellHop

That (along with some other things on your list; not all) are hard to really call improvements, though. If you let something rot and then replace it, the replacement is going to be better almost by default. The original Backlot Tour was much better than Toy Story Land, which is frankly terrible. It's almost embarrassing for Disney to have built something of that quality level; it looks like it belongs in a regional park and it's headliner attraction (Slinky Dog) isn't even top 5 in Hollywood Studios, which is really bad considering the meager offerings there.
I must have low-brow tastes.

brihow

I would actually consider it's headliner attraction to be Toy Story Mania. Also no matter what you think, it's better than Dinoland USA.

britain

Beauty and the Beast would’ve been a lousy addition to world showcase. Rat is clearly the superior choice.

It doesn’t matter if beauty and the beast would’ve been a better ride. Splash Mountain is probably a better attraction than the American Adventure, that doesn’t mean it belongs there.

rick_

Beauty and the Beast would’ve been a lousy addition to world showcase. Rat is clearly the superior choice.

It doesn’t matter if beauty and the beast would’ve been a better ride. Splash Mountain is probably a better attraction than the American Adventure, that doesn’t mean it belongs there.
woah woah woah, slow down there. The American Adventure is def in the top 5 at the resort.

owlsandcoffee

I would've preferred for Rat to be in a properly-built Place de Remy in part of the space where TSL is now. I think TSL would've been better as a Pixar Land with Rat and a Monster's Inc. Ride, and I think it would've been better to connect it to the already extant Pixar Place. But such is the way of things. TSL really does look cheap. It's disappointing.

As for Mermaid I just want to know when the thing will die already, jeez.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom