A sequel? Nah, not this one

UNCgolf

I think that makes sense in theory, but I really don't think the general public knows there is a Disney in Tokyo. My kids were asking me about the other Disney (land) and I was trying to remember all the different ones that exist. I forgot two and I'm a major Disney fan! I couldn't name but a handful of rides across any of those other parks.

If Disney wants to change the ride at World and Land, have at it. But not doing it because one of your partners doesn't want to help you pay for it? That's just weak. Either have conviction or don't.

There would definitely be news articles etc. about it, though. I think I agree with you at a glance, but I can also see why Disney would want to wipe it clean completely and not have to deal with questions about SotS Splash Mountain still existing in Tokyo.

Parker in NYC

Also the official name of East Germany was "The German Democratic Republic" (GDR) which was neither democratic nor a republic.

tenor.png

The Prince of Tides wasn't about princes or tides, discuss.

Parker in NYC

Nice. Very classy. I replied to my own post instead of editing it.

What? I thought what you wrote was funny! I should have done the laugh response -- just reminded me of a Linda Richman zinger! (There, added laugh emoji) :)

EDIT: Oh God, now I see what you meant. The "talk amongst yourselves" bit. I assure you, that was not any comment on your reply to yourself. Jeez, even when I'm nice around here, my reputation precedes me.

Kamikaze

He'd need to move, as the President and VP need to be from different states.

This is not true.

Its politically advantageous to not have both the Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees be from the same state (or the same area of the country) because normally a candidate wins or does very well in their home state, so you're losing the home state 'bump' by putting two from the same state.

But there is no rule or law that states you cannot have both candidates from one state.

Kamikaze

TiggerDad

Basically, the Article you're referring to reads that the Electors (Electoral College) from each state must vote for two people, and one of those can't be from their state.
So the 50+ Electors from California wouldn't be able to vote for the Democratic ticket under your scenario of Harris/Iger. I'm guessing they prioritize their vote for President over the VP vote, which means he could be out of luck. They're not going to put two Californians on the ticket and pass on those votes. I can't believe we're debating this. If she's the nominee in '24 (unlikely), there's thousands of people better positioned to be her VP.

Kamikaze

So the 50+ Electors from California wouldn't be able to vote for the Democratic ticket under your scenario of Harris/Iger. I'm guessing they prioritize their vote for President over the VP vote, which means he could be out of luck. They're not going to put two Californians on the ticket and pass on those votes. I can't believe we're debating this. If she's the nominee in '24 (unlikely), there's thousands of people better positioned to be her VP.

No, they would only be able to vote for one of the two. The second choice would have to be someone else. You dont vote for VP.

I didnt say anything about the people involved. Just that your statement was not true about both candidates from one state.

UNCgolf

Or he could just change his residence to NY or Florida or really anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom