News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Capture.PNG

I know this'll never happen, but it'd do two things: A. Get rid of ""problematic"" (note the sarcastic quotes) Splash, and create a sort of better blend between Splash/Thunder.

IveBeenJack

River Canyon.jpg

Thanks for the shoutout @britain glad you liked my take on WRE. Much like you said it would provide an easy re-use of critters, create an original IP, with tons of merchandise potential, and would keep the WDW hardcore fanbase happy by FINALLY giving us the attraction that we weren't meant to get in 1971.

Then I would represent Tiana with the restaurant that she worked so hard for, as it was the macguffin of the movie. By not having Tiana's Place/Palace, it would be like having Be Our Guest restaurant without the Rose, or Under The Sea without the shipwreck.

Anyways, without re-hashing the videos, I'll just leave links to them here:
Splash retheme idea to WRE:
Princess and the Frog at WDW:

Epcot82Guy

I would still be up for a Country Bears redo - having them sing their songs and country versions of other Disney songs as needed. While not many know that IP, you could easily recycle the animals - have any story you wanted - and not have to update the general feel/set up that much. Plus - you could free up that pesky stage show without totally thumbing your nose at the old school fans.

_caleb

I’m pretty sure they won’t just play the soundtrack over speakers throughout the ride (not sure if anyone is suggesting this).

Consider how the current Splash handles the singing- audio is “spatial” in that each animatronic character has it’s own voice, and any characters playing instruments has the sound coming from that instrument. Audio cues are timed to the ride vehicles, and the mood of the music changes to support the storyline.

I haven’t seen any reason Disney wouldn’t do as good a job with the PatF music as they did with Splash (or any other attraction).

Brer Oswald

I’ll suggest it again. Disney could purchase Banjo-Kazooie (or set up an agreement with Microsoft, ie. Avatar) and retheme it to “Spiral Mountain”. You keep the antrho animals, the bluegrass music, and the set design.

1600374831447.jpeg

JohnD

This thread is looking more and more like it should go under the Imagineering forum. The point of the Splash re-theme is two-fold. 1) Remove any reference to Song of the South, no matter how distant and 2) AND purposely theme it to Princess and the Frog whose protagonist (i.e. Princess Tiana) is an African-American to celebrate rather than be embrassed about. (Uncle Tom, er, Remus).

Any other discussion of what you could do to Splash outside of Princess and the Frog is just blue sky and belongs in Imagineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom