Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

tirian

Transformers did a great job conveying speed with fans/wind.
Transformers doesn’t have sets that act as a point of reference. The fast scenes are entirely screen based.
Also the focus is straight in front of you most of the time and blur isn’t needed in that case really.

On a (complete) tangent, while we’re comparing ride systems and tech, have you seen videos of the mouse shoot-em-up dark ride in Germany’s Phantasialand? It’s the same ride system as Toy Story Mania, except with fully realized sets.

In all that nonsensical marketing on the Disney Channel and Disney+ “Imagineering,” nobody ever mentions Toy Story Mania is an off-the-shelf ride with some theming. Don’t get me wrong: I like TSM! But anybody outside the United States can buy the system, and it’s strange to see the iconic ride vehicles somewhere else.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

On a (complete) tangent, while we’re comparing ride systems and tech, have you seen videos of the mouse shoot-em-up dark ride in Germany’s Phantasialand? It’s the same ride system as Toy Story Mania, except with fully realized sets.

In all that nonsensical marketing BS on the Disney Channel and Disney+ “Imagineering,” nobody ever mentions Toy Story Mania is an off-the-shelf ride with some theming. Don’t get me wrong: I like TSM! But anybody outside the United States can buy the system, and it’s strange to see the iconic ride vehicles somewhere else.

I believe the Toy Story Midway Mania! vehicles were custom made for Disney by Sansei that was then copied by ETF (and others) for Maus au Chocolate. I want to say that Disney outright refuses to work with ETF, but don’t quote me on that.

Either way, I’m sure Toy Story Midway Mania! has more Ethernet cables.

tirian

I believe the Toy Story Midway Mania! vehicles were custom made for Disney by Sansei that was then copied by ETF (and others) for Maus au Chocolate. I want to say that Disney outright refuses to work with ETF, but don’t quote me on that.

Either way, I’m sure Toy Story Midway Mania! has more Ethernet cables.
If the YouTube comments are to be believed, the whole thing came from Alterface, which owns the patents in Europe. Don’t quote me on that either; I have no idea.

But we do know there are miles of Ethernet cables!

lazyboy97o

If the YouTube comments are to be believed, the whole thing came from Alterface, which owns the patents in Europe. Don’t quote me on that either; I have no idea.

But we do know there are miles of Ethernet cables!
Alterface does the design, media and interactivity while ETF does the ride vehicles. They’ve worked together on a number of projects. What makes them neat is that they are the opposite of Disney and Universal, they’re these incredibly small dark rides that can still charming and fun.

sedati

Almost finished SNW at USJ, there's also a dust cloud effect when Thwomps smash down:

Have the brick blocks ever moved like a platform as they do here? I don't think I've seen that in a game.
Anyone else spot the wandering Shyguy?
Really hard to see is Bullet Bill exiting/re-entering the canon @ 1:40/12:19. I think his animation has him firing out, following a path around a corner, turning around, then returning. You can see him pass through the canon on his way back and spin around before firing again.

Last edited:

JT3000

Those thwomps need to lower all the way to the ground or the effect doesn't work. And hopefully the final product doesn't look anything like this at night, because that lighting is all sorts of yikes.

BubbaisSleep

That's a really crazy amount of movement. It makes me a little worried that they won't keep up with keeping it all moving. Also I wonder how it would all fare in the Florida climate.
Same. Going by history though, both Potter lands have kept their effects going around the land (I’m sure those wand stations need some daily upkeep).
Those thwomps need to lower all the way to the ground or the effect doesn't work. And hopefully the final product doesn't look anything like this at night, because that lighting is all sorts of yikes.
I may be wrong but isn’t this footage taken from an elevated standpoint outside the land? From ground level it will look normal. Respectfully disagree more though, this project looks amazing & I like how they considered making yet another land full of life. I’m sure they have lights to adjust but with what I’ve seen I have faith.

Mike S

That's a really crazy amount of movement. It makes me a little worried that they won't keep up with keeping it all moving. Also I wonder how it would all fare in the Florida climate.
There’s likely a contract with Nintendo that says things have to be fixed within a certain window of time just like with Potter.

Tom Morrow

There’s likely a contract with Nintendo that says things have to be fixed within a certain window of time just like with Potter.
Serious question: Is there one for Seuss? A lot of stuff in Seuss is supposed to move but often isn't, and the land is typically grungy looking because heavily saturated lands look bad if they aren't continuously re-painted.

Mike S

Serious question: Is there one for Seuss? A lot of stuff in Seuss is supposed to move but often isn't, and the land is typically grungy looking because heavily saturated lands look bad if they aren't continuously re-painted.
Never heard of one for Seuss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom