Favourite Quiet Seating Area

Raineman

Original Poster
Way to go, everyone. You’ve just alerted Disney to the areas of the parks that aren’t bringing in enough money. Every spot mentioned here will now become a meet-and-greet with a merch cart.
You know, if someone was selling Dole Whip plushies behind Tamu Tamu, I'd probably end up buying one. :D

po1998

MK: Sitting in the 2 rocking chairs by where the muppets used to be, beside the Hall of Presidents, I think? It is set back from the main street and usually quiet and peaceful.
Also one of my favorite spots. When we were there in mid-March, one of the chairs was missing. Hopefully the 2nd chair has returned. Anyone who has been since reopening happen to notice?

Lilofan

Back in the day when DHS had the Lights Motor Action Stunt Show at the end of Streets of America. When no shows were performing that very back of the park was quiet. The only thing to deal with was it was a smoking haven for smokers.

mergatroid

When we eat in the Chinese pavilion at Epcot. The quick service place has a lovely seated area and if there's nobody waiting for a table, we've been known to sit there for a good 20 minutes after eating and just enjoying the view.

ppet

I really like hanging out on the Skyliner for peace and quiet. Also for peace and quiet plus air conditioning, I give you the COP.

SteamboatJoe

Aunt Polly's and the rocking chairs in Liberty Square are both wonderful. You can just take in the sights and sounds....the riverboat whistle, the train off in the distance, the beautiful view and eerie noises Haunted Mansion. I also enjoy sitting on the Main Street station overlook, especially in the morning when the vehicles are running.

ExRoadie

Regardless of the season or temperature, my favorite spot to relax in all of WDW is at Wilderness Lodge.

Just above the entry doors is a multi-level area that most guests never visit. Besides access to the deck above the porte cochère, there are several levels with fireplaces comfortable seating. The WL soundtrack enhances the experience and on more than one occasion I've taken a nice nap.

I've even seen a family enjoying their second round of "S'mores" before a castmember interrupted.

°o°

JustAFan

Regardless of the season or temperature, my favorite spot to relax in all of WDW is at Wilderness Lodge.

Just above the entry doors is a multi-level area that most guests never visit. Besides access to the deck above the porte cochère, there are several levels with fireplaces comfortable seating. The WL soundtrack enhances the experience and on more than one occasion I've taken a nice nap.

I've even seen a family enjoying their second round of "S'mores" before a castmember interrupted.

°o°
I love that area! We stayed there at Christmas time and it was so gorgeous.

_caleb

Growing up a Disneylander, I still struggle to shake off the commando rush from ride to ride. The only quiet corner that was dear to me was the Court of Angels (now walled off to commoners like me). This thread is giving me lots of places to add to my list of places to stop and smell the roses whenever I get back to WDW.

ExRoadie

A former favorite spot was at the Disney Inn in the 80's.

The Golf Resort transitioned to the Disney Inn in February of 1986. Due to a late change of plans I decided to try the Disney Inn not knowing it wasn't a new "resort". The place was much more laid-back and I carried that golf course level of "quiet" over to its new existence.

The entrance from the porte cochere was an elevated covered walkway with high-backed rocking chairs. There were ceiling fans and heating elements so it was comfortable year round.

Being an early-riser, I would head out front and get some coffee and pickup a newspaper. After a short while more people would show up and great conversations were had.

Since I'm from South Louisiana, I grew up on Community Coffee. After the first two stays at the Disney Inn I started bringing one pound bags of Medium Roast(now Breakfast Blend) and giving them to the staff to have brewed in the morning. As I approached the refreshment stand I noticed the coffee urn was adorned with the front of the bag and a notice that it was provided by a "Cajun from Louisiana".

In just a few years I made almost 30 stays at the Disney Inn. Mornings with coffee from home and conversations in the rocking chairs were always a highlight.

Very fond memories indeed!

KaliSplash

mmm...
At the Magic Kingdom, there was a quiet area near the rest rooms near Space Mountain. Behind Sleepy Hollow is often good. Tom Sawyer Island has some good spots.
Epcot: Near the rest rooms at Journey Into Imagination. The water side of the shops in France, but I'm not sure that survived the construction. (you can tell I haven't been in about 2 years.)
DHS: not sure there is a good place left.
AK: Near Dinosaur exit.
The alcoves at the Wilderness Lodge are also wonderful. All I can think of at the moment

MickeyLuv'r

Probably my favorite is the early morning sunrise from almost any hotel balcony where I can see greenery. Bonus if there's a lake/pool in view, and not much else. Very late at night is also fun.

MK - can't really think of any I visit very often, except maybe people mover. For quiet, we head to a monorail resort via small shuttle boat.
Epcot - sometimes rose garden (not so much to sit), Imagination fountains, quiet areas tucked around WS
HS - walkways outside the front gate, small area by RnRC can sometimes be quiet
AK - Oasis, sometimes parts of Pandora at night
Other -balcony at CR/WL/AKL, All CL lounges at 6-7am, fountain courtyard at Royal Pacific, quiet pool areas at Portofino/CR/BWK/Dolphin, Epcot hotel area paths late at night/early AM, almost any hotel courtyard late at night/early am, there a pretty fountain at GF- towards the new DVC

Other other - TPA has some nice semi-quiet spots and very pretty art, JW Marriott has lots of quiet areas along the lazy river

graphite1326

Epcot: shaded area across from Germany Pavilion.
MK: Rocking chairs near HOP
AK: Grab a beer and sit across from entrance to Tusker House
HS: Used to grab a treat and sit at the tables that is now Starbucks

muddyrivers

A former favorite spot was at the Disney Inn in the 80's.

The Golf Resort transitioned to the Disney Inn in February of 1986. Due to a late change of plans I decided to try the Disney Inn not knowing it wasn't a new "resort". The place was much more laid-back and I carried that golf course level of "quiet" over to its new existence.

The entrance from the porte cochere was an elevated covered walkway with high-backed rocking chairs. There were ceiling fans and heating elements so it was comfortable year round.

Being an early-riser, I would head out front and get some coffee and pickup a newspaper. After a short while more people would show up and great conversations were had.

Since I'm from South Louisiana, I grew up on Community Coffee. After the first two stays at the Disney Inn I started bringing one pound bags of Medium Roast(now Breakfast Blend) and giving them to the staff to have brewed in the morning. As I approached the refreshment stand I noticed the coffee urn was adorned with the front of the bag and a notice that it was provided by a "Cajun from Louisiana".

In just a few years I made almost 30 stays at the Disney Inn. Mornings with coffee from home and conversations in the rocking chairs were always a highlight.

Very fond memories indeed!
These are the types of great memories from Disney of yesteryear that I love to read. Thanks for sharing!

DisneyNittany

• MK: Main Street Train Station (otherwise, monorail to Tambu Lounge)
  • Epcot - Grab a beer at Rose & Crown and the head to the island between UK and France
  • DHS - Grab a beer at Tune-In Lounge and then a bench around Echo Lake
  • DAK - Dawa Bar

Not all are necessarily "quiet", but all are super relaxing to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom