Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DoleWhipDrea

Just watched the short, and I have a few observations and thoughts.

Firstly, the sculpture that looks like traditional Figment was the newest one being made by the artist, which indicates to me that the final ruling of feedback was that Figment shouldn’t be redesigned.

Secondly, the people working on the project were referring to both the Parks people and the filmmakers. Yes, we know that it’s VR and so there would be filmmakers involved in the process, but I’m wondering if Disney is finally trying to give Figment his own series or film outside of the parks? In any case, I’m thinking that this VR project is going into the PLAY! Pavilion.

This is all very intriguing.

Mickeynerd17

Firstly, the sculpture that looks like traditional Figment was the newest one being made by the artist, which indicates to me that the final ruling of feedback was that Figment shouldn’t be redesigned.

Secondly, the people working on the project were referring to both the Parks people and the filmmakers. Yes, we know that it’s VR and so there would be filmmakers involved in the process, but I’m wondering if Disney is finally trying to give Figment his own series or film outside of the parks? In any case, I’m thinking that this VR project is going into the PLAY! Pavilion.

Very much so, definetly intriguing.
I'm glad to see some new hope coming in for figment. Honestly having his presence in multiple pavilions isn't a bad idea considering the fact he is pretty much the "mascot" of EPCOT.

DoleWhipDrea

Very much so, definetly intriguing.
I'm glad to see some new hope coming in for figment. Honestly having his presence in multiple pavilions isn't a bad idea considering the fact he is pretty much the "mascot" of EPCOT.

Since PLAY! looks to be in many ways the spiritual successor to ImageWorks, and Figment is the unofficial mascot for EPCOT, I think it would be great to have him represented there (in addition to the Imagination Pavilion.)

Which I guess begs the question - with all of the proposals for the Imagination Pavilion over the past few yers, is a version of ImageWorks included in any of the future designs, or will it be done away with?

Mickeynerd17

Since PLAY! looks to be in many ways the spiritual successor to ImageWorks, and Figment is the unofficial mascot for EPCOT, I think it would be great to have him represented there (in addition to the Imagination Pavilion.)

Which I guess begs the question - with all of the proposals for the Imagination Pavilion over the past few yers, is a version of ImageWorks included in any of the future designs, or will it be done away with?
I wouldn't be surprised if imageworks was just done away with. It would add more space inside the pavilion for a new ride, and Disney wouldn't have to blow a ton of money on air conditioning the second floor. (I personally want image works to return upstairs, but I'm trying to think realistic here).

Brer Panther

Hopefully, you're right about both of these.

Lora Baines Bradley

View attachment 495176
(first one is on the left, the "reviewed" one is on the right)
I assume the team that reviewed it is the same team that approved the TL and Innoventions repaints too. Might want to check their vision at some point. Just saying. Please.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's most likely just some toying around with the tech. I hope.

I can't be the only one who thinks that this is cute, right? Maybe don't keep it as a permanent redesign, but if this is what's in the Play pavillion I wouldn't mind too much. Cutesy characters are really popular with kids nowadays, from what I understand. Plus, I would definitely pick up a Figment plush that looked like this.

Darth Snips

I can't be the only one who thinks that this is cute, right? Maybe don't keep it as a permanent redesign, but if this is what's in the Play pavillion I wouldn't mind too much. Cutesy characters are really popular with kids nowadays, from what I understand. Plus, I would definitely pick up a Figment plush that looked like this.
I agree! I would probably have some stronger opinions if it were to be used in an Imagination overhaul, but for a one-off VR project I think it’s pretty cute. It definitely has a very plush look to it.

Also, as an owner of an Oculus Go and an interested buyer of an Oculus Quest, I really hope they end up releasing this project for personal VR platforms outside of the parks. I would absolutely buy a Figment game!

Lora Baines Bradley

I agree! I would probably have some stronger opinions if it were to be used in an Imagination overhaul, but for a one-off VR project I think it’s pretty cute. It definitely has a very plush look to it.

Also, as an owner of an Oculus Go and an interested buyer of an Oculus Quest, I really hope they end up releasing this project for personal VR platforms outside of the parks. I would absolutely buy a Figment game!
Yeah, I'm not sure why some are so offended by this? People have been wanting Disney to do something with Figment for over a literal decade, and I'm willing to bet it'll be an inoffensive project.

Also, so jealous. I'd love VR, but it's just so dang expensive. love your profile pic and name, btw!

Clamman73

I wouldn't be surprised if imageworks was just done away with. It would add more space inside the pavilion for a new ride, and Disney wouldn't have to blow a ton of money on air conditioning the second floor. (I personally want image works to return upstairs, but I'm trying to think realistic here).
Found this recently uploaded video..hoping they brought over the rainbow tunnel to the Play pavilion..

999th Happy Haunt

If Dreamfinder and Figment do return to the pavilion for V4 I really wouldn’t be surprised if this became almost an EPCOT Center tribute attraction. Imagination is such a broad topic where it’d be really easy to make an original story for Dreamfinder and Figment but still throw in some characters or scenes from EPCOT’s past, like some UoE dinosaurs or some Kitchen Kabaret performers, maybe even an “imagining the future” section with some scenes that could pay tribute to Horizons. I think some nods here and there would appease fans of the original EPCOT.

Homemade Imagineering

If Dreamfinder and Figment do return to the pavilion for V4 I really wouldn’t be surprised if this became almost an EPCOT Center tribute attraction. Imagination is such a broad topic where it’d be really easy to make an original story for Dreamfinder and Figment but still throw in some characters or scenes from EPCOT’s past, like some UoE dinosaurs or some Kitchen Kabaret performers, maybe even an “imagining the future” section with some scenes that could pay tribute to Horizons. I think some nods here and there would appease fans of the original EPCOT.
This would be quite interesting! The one thing I can’t imagine is Figment being removed from the pavilion, because he is just too popular for it to happen. I feel like there is a very good chance we’ll see him in V4 whenever that comes, and whatever it may be. Speaking of that, I wonder how the re-evaluations are going right now for Epcot’s overhaul. It would be nice if there was a miraculous turn of events, where, let’s say they put Moana on hold for a few years to focus on imagination. It’s an incredibly unlikely scenario, but that would be nice.

Mickeynerd17

If they actually did that, it would probably go from the least visited to one of the most visited pavilion in the park.
Good idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom