Universal Orlando outlines plans to reopen its theme parks from June 1

Tom Morrow

Let's take a moment to discuss how lazy and annoying these social distancing queue spiels were implemented. All of them just instantly smash cut to the spiel, completely interrupting the show, effects, or videos currently playing. They also repeat every five-ish minutes. It totally kills the atmosphere. Also, some of them make no sense, like a (clearly trying to sound Potter-esque) British woman for Hulk, for example. It might be the same spiel from Potter, I'm not sure.

disneygeek90

Let's take a moment to discuss how lazy and annoying these social distancing queue spiels were implemented. All of them just instantly smash cut to the spiel, completely interrupting the show, effects, or videos currently playing. They also repeat every five-ish minutes. It totally kills the atmosphere. Also, some of them make no sense, like a (clearly trying to sound Potter-esque) British woman for Hulk, for example. It might be the same spiel from Potter, I'm not sure.
I first noticed the spiel in Hagrids and it worked. Then I realized that the same track was being used even outside of the Potter lands.

Disney's is the same everywhere from what I can tell.

Tom Morrow

I first noticed the spiel in Hagrids and it worked. Then I realized that the same track was being used even outside of the Potter lands.

Disney's is the same everywhere from what I can tell.
I get using the same ones everywhere to save money, but its awful that they cut out show scenes and effects abruptly rather than being inserted into existing pauses.

disneygeek90

I get using the same ones everywhere to save money, but its awful that they cut out show scenes and effects abruptly rather than being inserted into existing pauses.
I just watched a park vlog from this morning and there's a man recording (no accent) doing the spiel in the Transformers queue. I guess it makes sense if they were only able to have one recording ready earlier that they just went with it until additional were created.

Markiewong

Couple weeks ago it was running fine. Didn't seem to be running at full capacity though? Wasn't as many trains out on the tracks as I have seen before.
I don't think it has ever reached full capacity right? It was supposed to run with 12 trains, but I think they ran with a maximum of 8 last november.

Thelazer

Our long, universal nightmare has ended. Effective Monday, gaiters are allowed. I’m sure their prohibition was the reason attendance is so low.

Just give it another week, masks will be optional, tickets on a fire sale and you'll get a free hotel room with each day you visit the park.

Lilofan

Universal Orlando according to the Orlando Sentinel yesterday advised they have started their layoffs again. It's sign of the times.

Tom Morrow

This weekend has been dangerously crowded at Uni.

Tried to go yesterday and ended up refunding and leaving.
Everything I’ve seen looks like a nightmare. The parks reached capacity, but it would seem that Universal’s idea of “limited capacity” is only a little less than what it would have been anyway.

I’m disappointed because they led the way in re-opening and were initially doing a fantastic job.

JoeCamel

Everything I’ve seen looks like a nightmare. The parks reached capacity, but it would seem that Universal’s idea of “limited capacity” is only a little less than what it would have been anyway.

I’m disappointed because they led the way in re-opening and were initially doing a fantastic job.
I'm wondering what people that go into that are thinking? They have to know what it will be like and they don't care? Don't take it seriously?
I have heard behind the scenes is not better for the TMs and changes will be coming

JT3000

I'm wondering what people that go into that are thinking? They have to know what it will be like and they don't care? Don't take it seriously?
I have heard behind the scenes is not better for the TMs and changes will be coming

I think you already know the answer to that. Some might be genuinely worried, but those people shouldn't have shown up in the first place. I haven't been since December, and I'd rather just let my AP expire than visit the parks again.

JoeCamel

I think you already know the answer to that. Some might be genuinely worried, but those people shouldn't have shown up in the first place. I haven't been since December, and I'd rather just let my AP expire than visit the parks again.
Thanksgiving for me but probably not going to visit before 10/11 when it expires.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom