What's Going on with Country Bear Jamboree?

thomas998

With the parks running at a fraction of capacity, is it possible that this is just your typical "seasonal" closure?
I would expect that it is possible that given their reduced hours, likely reduced staff, they probably have been going through to see which attractions they can also eliminate for the time being. Country Bear Jamboree hasn't always been that popular. While I remember decades ago it drew quite a crowd, I've not seen anywhere near that type of a draw for it in recent years. Maybe it is wishful thinking but maybe while it is down the can do some much needed refurbishing on it... though I doubt that would happen.

thomas998

I absolutely hate CBJ, so if it closes permanently, I'll be tickled pink!! But what would they put in its place?
If it does close permanently maybe they can put in something that will be a must see for little kids to pull them away from other rides, I don't know what popular with little kids right now.. is Doc McStuffins still big with the pre-schoolers?

thomas998

Kinda sorta. Introduces it as the “longest running stage show” ect ect.

it all goes back to my point, most people just don’t care about Disney’s historical attractions (sadly).
Of course, when Disney fails to keep the older rides maintenance up you can't expect people to really care much when the poor maintenance sends a message that Disney doesn't really care that much about them either. I think it is a reason you see people that frequent DL have a closer bond to the park than visitors to WDW, at DL Disney gives the impression to the visitors that they care more about the rides in general thanks to the better maintenance.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Of course, when Disney fails to keep the older rides maintenance up you can't expect people to really care much when the poor maintenance sends a message that Disney doesn't really care that much about them either. I think it is a reason you see people that frequent DL have a closer bond to the park than visitors to WDW, at DL Disney gives the impression to the visitors that they care more about the rides in general thanks to the better maintenance.
Yea, the generic audience of WDW seems to be more about "new new new new!" rather than "classics & upkeep."

cheezbat

I would expect that it is possible that given their reduced hours, likely reduced staff, they probably have been going through to see which attractions they can also eliminate for the time being. Country Bear Jamboree hasn't always been that popular. While I remember decades ago it drew quite a crowd, I've not seen anywhere near that type of a draw for it in recent years. Maybe it is wishful thinking but maybe while it is down the can do some much needed refurbishing on it... though I doubt that would happen.
For being in the midst of a pandemic with limited capacity, both times I saw Country Bear Jamboree had full shows...and people having to wait for the next show....later in the day. So it’s still very popular and worth keeping around. WDW needs a few classics of their own. This is one of them.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
For being in the midst of a pandemic with limited capacity, both times I saw Country Bear Jamboree had full shows...and people having to wait for the next show....later in the day. So it’s still very popular and worth keeping around. WDW needs a few classics of their own. This is one of them.
Same. I had To wait in an actual queue for the show.

Phil12

We all know that CBJ is very long in the tooth and just doesn't draw the crowds any longer. They only get any kind of crowd on very busy days. The last rumor I heard is that TWDC intends to revamp the show in order to get the crowds back. Someone had mentioned that Lin-Manuel Miranda was working on a concept to modernize the show and bring rap to the bears. It sounds like a good idea.

aladdin2007

We all know that CBJ is very long in the tooth and just doesn't draw the crowds any longer. They only get any kind of crowd on very busy days. The last rumor I heard is that TWDC intends to revamp the show in order to get the crowds back. Someone had mentioned that Lin-Manuel Miranda was working on a concept to modernize the show and bring rap to the bears. It sounds like a good idea.

scary, and no that's false.

britdaw

If it does close permanently maybe they can put in something that will be a must see for little kids to pull them away from other rides, I don't know what popular with little kids right now.. is Doc McStuffins still big with the pre-schoolers?

That would be a great idea. There isn't really a whole lot in that area for smaller kids.

NelleBelle

That would be a great idea. There isn't really a whole lot in that area for smaller kids.
yeah, but then what do you do when Doc McStuffins goes the way of JoJo's Circus (circa 2004--was my DS favorite show and was at HS Preschool Dance-thingamajig)? MK will be stuck with a completely out-of-date show that the next set of preschoolers will have no idea who Doc McStuffins is. They should just leave CBJ in place and reopen when the parks are at more capacity (if that's what they're waiting on)🤷‍♀️

owlsandcoffee

So it seems that there's no issue as far as popularity or keeping people out of the pedestrian spaces. Is there any actual truth to the threat of closure, and if so....why? It could maybe use a bit of TLC but it's still good.

FettFan

I absolutely hate CBJ, so if it closes permanently, I'll be tickled pink!! But what would they put in its place?

E7496441-DC26-4D71-832A-CE9BFD33EE90.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom