Martin's Rise of the Resistance tribute - coming soon (SPOILER ALERT for those who could not figure that bit out themselves)

Mickey5150

Disney is capable of making incredible attractions, they just seem incapable or unwilling to make new concept attractions not tied to an IP.
Although Rise would still be a great attraction without the IP, the emotional attachment to the Star Wars characters is what sends the attraction over the top. I will agree that Disney does not need to be IP only, but there are times when an IP adds that extra something to make it truly special.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

That video looks better than any "HOW IT WORKS" or 'MAKING OF " video i have seen for the ride already on you tube. i can't wait to watch it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Although Rise would still be a great attraction without the IP, the emotional attachment to the Star Wars characters is what sends the attraction over the top. I will agree that Disney does not need to be IP only, but there are times when an IP adds that extra something to make it truly special.
Except no one has emotional attachment to Rey, Kylo, Finn, Poe, BB-8. Now, Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, 3PO, R2 and Vader is a different story.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Except no one has emotional attachment to Rey, Kylo, Finn, Poe, BB-8. Now, Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, 3PO, R2 and Vader is a different story.

DE006EDB-A831-4228-AF3C-EB324A24175F.jpeg

PostScott

If that was true (it isn't) it would be because
1) There is more ST merch produced.
2) Most of the OT collecting is done by adults, who have the discretionary funds to spend on stuff on shelves.
I feel like if all of this happened after the Prequel trilogy, the same conversation would be happening. However now all the kids from that time have grown up and love everything about those movies. I feel the same will be true about the sequel trilogy, just give it a couple more years for the kids to grow up. History repeats itself.

Kamikaze

I feel like if all of this happened after the Prequel trilogy, the same conversation would be happening. However now all the kids from that time have grown up and love everything about those movies. I feel the same will be true about the sequel trilogy, just give it a couple more years for the kids to grow up. History repeats itself.

Almost all of the PT still sucks. You're right, the children who grew up with them actually didn't hate them like the OT fans did, so now they're looked at a lot better (especially for the memes). It will happen again in ~10 years with the ST.

Raineman

Common sense? What's that? This is Disney we're talking about here!
Agreed. Hyperbole? Baseless rumors? Unchecked aggression and complete lack of respect? Wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth? All critical elements of this forum. Common sense has no place here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom