A sequel? Nah, not this one

Rose&Crown

I get why they’d want to put new paths into Epcot for the short term but man the views from that are going to be blah. I mean the views now from the paths are blah.....don’t think they really have a choice.

Shocked satisfaction at Epcot is so high, I get people get right onto the rides and that helps but with everyone thinking most people are there to drink and you can’t walk with a drink I’d expect some frustration there.

SamusAranX

I get why they’d want to put new paths into Epcot for the short term but man the views from that are going to be blah. I mean the views now from the paths are blah.....don’t think they really have a choice.

Shocked satisfaction at Epcot is so high, I get people get right onto the rides and that helps but with everyone thinking most people are there to drink and you can’t walk with a drink I’d expect some frustration there.

The reason the satisfaction results are so high is they wait until *after* guests leave WS having drank their way around the world to take the survey(s) ;)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
First, I really don't think that most of the people going to EPCOT are only going there to drink. Second, since there are plenty of tables to enjoy your adult beverage, there is no reason for being frustrated. Yes, I have seen people walking around with drinks, but they are the exception, and not the rule.

Rose&Crown

First, I really don't think that most of the people going to EPCOT are only going there to drink. Second, since there are plenty of tables to enjoy your adult beverage, there is no reason for being frustrated. Yes, I have seen people walking around with drinks, but they are the exception, and not the rule.

I agree I don’t think the majority are there on a daily basis just to drink. If so they really need to find better/cheaper bars.

But on the weekends? Ya it’s full of bachelor parties and bachelorette parties.

I’ve drank around the world many many many times but I also do just enjoy being in Epcot.

The view from many here is Epcot is filled with drunks.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I agree I don’t think the majority are there on a daily basis just to drink. If so they really need to find better/cheaper bars.
Agreed. Don't know why anyone would want to pay the prices for the drinks.

But on the weekends? Ya it’s full of bachelor parties and bachelorette parties.
We avoid the weekends, well, except for Sunday evenings, as most of the locals are gone by then.

I’ve drank around the world many many many times but I also do just enjoy being in Epcot.
While we haven't really drank around the world, we have enjoyed many beverages at different countries. We do a lot of people watching, and love the vibe at EPCOT.

The view from many here is Epcot is filled with drunks.
Yeah, a common misconception propagated by certain people for who knows what reason. I can't even count the number of times that we have been to EPCOT (it's in the hundreds), and have yet to see anyone barf in the bushes or anywhere else for that matter. Maybe it's because we do usually avoid the Friday night and Saturday local crowds, only because we know better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wouldn't know...

But some insiders on this forum might....?
I’m talking about Disney’s internal data.

They only “release” what jives with their pre-determined financial decisions. You won’t see any admissions of “defeat”

As far as “insiders” for data...they’re not needed. Most of the complaints/trends can be deduced by trained outside observers.

...usually the customers go along with whatever they’re told...even if they don’t like.

My favorite is and always will be that the “guests” didn’t want the appetizers and tips included on the dining plan 😂😂

...and a bear uses my toilet 😉👌🏻

bpiper

They only “release” what jives with their pre-determined financial decisions. You won’t see any admissions of “defeat”

As far as “insiders” for data...they’re not needed. Most of the complaints/trends can be deduced by trained outside observers.

...usually the customers go along with whatever they’re told...even if they don’t like.

My favorite is and always will be that the “guests” didn’t want the appetizers and tips included on the dining plan 😂😂

...and a bear uses my toilet 😉👌🏻
Actually, I could see polling showing that. Not everyone wants an appetizer and a lot of people want the ability to determine their own tip amount. The problem is Disney forgot to cut the price at the same time when they removed those items from the plan. While they did lower the price slightly, it was nowhere near the amount of the appetizer and tip amount. So basically it was just a sneaky way of doing a price increase.

tirian

No kidding.

That was the first time these forums were flooded with crazy Pixie Dusters. “We never ate everything anyway! I don’t mind!” But the price rose, people. You paid more for less. Please have an ounce of common sense.

tirian

Actually, I could see polling showing that. Not everyone wants an appetizer and a lot of people want the ability to determine their own tip amount. The problem is Disney forgot to cut the price at the same time when they removed those items from the plan. While they did lower the price slightly, it was nowhere near the amount of the appetizer and tip amount. So basically it was just a sneaky way of doing a price increase.
^^ Exactly. And they ended up raising prices anyway. ;)

Family_Man

As far as Disney releasing their internal data - I agree they wouldn't release anything that doesn't make them look good. But @marni19 @pheneix and @WDW Pro all know things that aren't "released." So I thought they may have seen things.

As far as trends observable from outside observers, it is obvious that many Disney die-hards are becoming less satsified with their trips (just look around this board). But people on this board do not represent the nominal Disney vacationer. Is the average "once in a lifetime" or "I'm stuck in Orlando guess I'll go to Disney" visitor actually less satisifed? Are Die-hards less satisfied than other guests because we know how it used to be better?

tirian

As far as Disney releasing their internal data - I agree they wouldn't release anything that doesn't make them look good. But @marni19 @pheneix and @WDW Pro all know things that aren't "released." So I thought they may have seen things.

As far as trends observable from outside observers, it is obvious that many Disney die-hards are becoming less satsified with their trips (just look around this board). But people on this board do not represent the nominal Disney vacationer. Is the average "once in a lifetime" or "I'm stuck in Orlando guess I'll go to Disney" visitor actually less satisifed? Are Die-hards less satisfied than other guests because we know how it used to be better?
Yes. They are. From about 2016–2019, the most commonly-cited word in Disney’s official surveys was “overwhelming.” Somehow that leaked out at a shareholder meeting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. They are. From about 2016–2019, the most commonly-cited word in Disney’s official surveys was “overwhelming.” Somehow that leaked out at a shareholder meeting.
Are you surprised by that word?

They took the leisure out of leisure in favor of revenue modeling tools. I get why...but would that continue without some backlash?

No. But it only has to last until Iger retires. That’s what i’ve said for years. There is no “long game” in this management. That is the key fundamental change. Can’t cash a short term check when patience is required.

techgeek

I don’t exactly like Tripadvisor (the way they organize reviews has become a train wreck), but it is a interesting gauge of the general public’s opinion. It has been interesting following the rankings there over the years... and it has been years since a WDW experience has been consistently ranked number #1 in ‘things to do’ in Orlando. At the moment, ‘The wizarding world of Harry Potter’ is number #1, and Discovery Cove is #2.

AK is the highest rated Disney park at #5. MK is #7.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

The Guardians ride at Epcot cost $450 million. I am not messing with you all.
The Kool Kids revealed that two and a half years ago.
I hope they choke on it in a career destroying financial train wreck.

A half a billion mediocre ride, outclassed before opening by the new Potter coaster, based on yesterday's superhero flash in the pan. Hasn't the world already moved on to Wonder Woman and Black Panther?
I didn’t think it had quite hit half a billion. That’s not the best standard for reasonable cost, though.
It’s not far off.

The Empress Lilly

@marni1971 isn’t this at least the second Poly tower to get cancelled?
The third, if I count correctly.

The first Poly tower died in 1970.
dcr111111LARGE.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom