A sequel? Nah, not this one

Epcot82Guy

Maybe it's time you went to the dark side and go to Universal instead. The only way Disney is going hear frustrations is by taking you money elsewhere. As someone said Disney is like a drug and people can't break from it.

I do. In fact, Universal and Sea World offered discounts on their annual pass, and I've spent a fair bit at each complex since moving here. The irony with Universal is it's gotten too crowded. And, I typically buy more ancillary things at Disney than I do and Universal or Sea World.

To your analogy, Disney is proving a bit of an overeager dealer. Eventually the addiction may wane for some. And their current model doesn't really allow for that.

UpAllNight

I know it’s been said, but there is no way they can possibly have spent $450million on Guardians. There must be some accountancy ‘trick’ at play here. There’s just no way an indoor coaster with a few animatronics can cost that...just no way at all.

if you’d have told me $150million I’d have thought, blimey that’s excessive. Someone please attempt to break this cost down?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know it’s been said, but there is no way they can possibly have spent $450million on Guardians. There must be some accountancy ‘trick’ at play here. There’s just no way an indoor coaster with a few animatronics can cost that...just no way at all.

if you’d have told me $150million I’d have thought, blimey that’s excessive. Someone please attempt to break this cost down?
Tell me about it. The better version was 450. This one dropped to 435, then was given the 450 but barrelled through that before being reigned in.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Universal has returned to what would have been a normal "light" day on weekdays and a normal "moderate" day on weekends. The demand is there. Whether or not I agree with it is one thing, but if Disney opened up restrictions on entering their parks and issued out some discounts, the crowds would return.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Been wondering what would be worthwhile to post about as the "thing" I keep hearing about is not ready for public consumption. Having said that, here are some thoughts.

Thank you for another update friend.

By not ready, do you mean our love for Disney parks could be in great peril? I mean, moreso than hearing or knowing about increased prices, low maintenance, and the IP-ification of pretty much everything?

duder

How much of this 450 goes to paying the actors? Are they given royalties when doing something like theme park attractions, or is it a part of their movie deals?

Anyone have any insight as to how that part of these attractions play out?

SpaceMountain77

There was a huge $200 million plus tower coming to Polynesian before the economy imploded. Now we just get Moana rooms.

Was this going to be an Aulani looking tower? I’m assuming it would have gone in the current parking lot?

I'm mostly curious if this would have fit hotel rooms or DVC? Poly lacks a DVC building with bigger accomodations and this would have fit well, but it also didnt fit the DVC timeline considering Reflections, unless this was the plan after Reflections?

It had been my understanding that Tangaroa Terrace would be razed and a tower built in its place. Among other configurations, the tower would have brought 1- and 2-bedroom villas to the DVC offering at Disney's Polynesian Village.

Previously, I had heard 5 or 6 stories in height, similar to the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Call me... skeptical... but after the last "big" thread that resulted in little more than a "much-a-do-about-nothing" response... I'm trying to really think about what possible "BIG NEWS" could be "too intense" for us feeble forum posters...

Is Big Bob thinking of selling off the parks?
Are they gonna bulldoze the rest of Epcot??
Is Bob Jr. thinking of resurrecting Superstar Limo!?!?!?!?!

Gosh... it's just too much for us!
cant-wait-gif-19.gif

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Call me... skeptical... but after the last "big" thread that resulted in little more than a "much-a-do-about-nothing" response... I'm trying to really think about what possible "BIG NEWS" could be "too intense" for us feeble forum posters...

Is Big Bob thinking of selling off the parks?
Are they gonna bulldoze the rest of Epcot??
Is Bob Jr. thinking of resurrecting Superstar Limo!?!?!?!?!

Gosh... it's just too much for us!
cant-wait-gif-19.gif

It's gotta be MyMagic+ and the fastpass+ system and/or the switch to virtual queues parkwide. That's my guess anyway.

Mac Tonight

It's gotta be MyMagic+ and the fastpass+ system and/or the switch to virtual queues parkwide. That's my guess anyway.
Virtual Queues would definitely be "not ready for public consumption" as the OP put it... but I feel like they want us to fear for the very existence of the Parks.

I'm willing to say that the OP's previous "doom and gloom" thread was entertaining for a bit... but I don't think it packed the wallop they wanted it too, and I doubt this will either.

Prove me wrong, OP!

the.dreamfinder

Shanghai Pirates’ budget was in the $400 million ballpark... and that figure came from Imagineer Tom Morris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom