WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Bread Service from Chef's de France
WDW_0060.JPG

Here's a food picture with an amusing story (hope that's allowed!). Having been to Disney World 6 times with the family now, we consider ourselves fairly experienced with how everything works. BUT, on our very first trip back in 2005, I had no idea what I was doing. We booked a trip, over Thanksgiving, and just went with it. No real researching.

Thanksgiving day arrives, and we figure, let's hit Magic Kingdom and find a place for Thanksgiving dinner. Confident me walks right up to Cinderella's Royal Table and asks what the wait would be for dinner. The CM looked me with a half pity, half amused face and says, about 365 days! Up to this point I truly did not understand the need to make plans in advance. After checking a few other dining options, I was worried I had ruined Thanksgiving for the family.

We trudged back to the resort (All-Star Music) and noticed walking by the dining area they were selling Thanksgiving Dinners with dessert and everything. Got in line and ordered 4 of them! I was worried the kids were going to be upset about it, but the opposite was true. They loved it! It was something so different that they thought it was great. We ate our "fast food" Thanksgiving dinner, and headed back to MK for the evening.

To this day we still talk about that Thanksgiving. We went again the following year, and by then I understood how to plan for a trip there, and we had Illuminations seating at Rose & Crown!

Turkey - Stuffing - Mashed Potatoes - Candied Sweet Potatoes - Green Beans - Bread & Butter - Apple Pie
DSC02390a.jpg

MightyMouse

I would like to think, "food stories" would not only be allowed but encouraged. Thank you for sharing.

When we first traveled to Disney we stayed at Art of Animation (2012). We had planned on eating there only once, maybe twice. However the food was so incredible at the time we decided to dine there a few more times. Four times in total to be exact.
You never know what surprises you can find off the beaten path and are often the most memorable times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom