News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DCLcruiser

They think it sounds more “boutique“ like?

Maybe it’s a British thing but the first meaning that came to my mind is what Americans call an alternate on a team. In other words, the back-up option. So if I was told I would be staying in the Swan Reserve, I’d be asking for a move, pronto! 😲
Reserve is also used in wine and liquor to mean the special batch that is possibly aged longer and "reserved" for special occasions, or people.

Also, the Chase Sapphire Reserve is the top level credit card offered by Chase.

JohnD

They think it sounds more “boutique“ like?

Maybe it’s a British thing but the first meaning that came to my mind is what Americans call an alternate on a team. In other words, the back-up option. So if I was told I would be staying in the Swan Reserve, I’d be asking for a move, pronto! 😲

Right. It sounds like the main Swan was full so you were put in "reserve" space. Gee, thanks, Marriott!

nickys

Premium Member
Reserve is also used in wine and liquor to mean the special batch that is possibly aged longer and "reserved" for special occasions, or people.

Also, the Chase Sapphire Reserve is the top level credit card offered by Chase.
Oh I know there are different meanings. It’s just unfortunate that the most common meaning, in the U.K. at least, means second best. 😂😂

DCLcruiser

Oh I know there are different meanings. It’s just unfortunate that the most common meaning, in the U.K. at least, means second best. 😂😂
We have a lot of words that aren't in common lol.

Frankly, I don't even know if Swan and Dolphin are good names. To me, they will always be those other hotels on property, but without affiliation. I realize that isn't true today, but they don't ooze Disney to me.

kevlightyear

I actually like the Swan Reserve name better. The Cove is so generic and not associated with anything it's related to. It might as well be just a random hotel. If someone is searching, and sees the The Swan Reserve, they're more likely to associate it with the Swolphin. Name recognition is big. But nobody asked me...and none of this has to do with Future World...so....

Monorail_Red_77

At least those were interesting buildings designed by a major architect (even if I'm not a big fan).

Much better than the standard box tower that would have been built without Eisner's involvement, and that we're getting now with the Riviera and the... Swan Reserve (it's hard to even type that ridiculous name).
ugh, sounds like a bottle of wine. Sir would you like to try some of our 2002 Swan Reserve.

RSoxNo1

Does anyone happen to have the photo that @marni1971 posted a while back of one of the Future World concepts that left the Innoventiosns buildings in tact? Looks like I didn't save it.

Animaniac93-98

Reading the beginning of this thread again is saddening. The hope from 2015 for an update to Energy, a reboot of Wonders, an overhaul to Imagination, a reboot of the Seas, the list goes on. None of them have happened and most likely never will. Five years can do a lot to a theme park trying to rid itself of decades of neglect.

If you had told me 5 years ago that UoE would be replaced by a GotG roller coaster, I would have thought you were spreading clickbait nonsense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom