News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

rowrbazzle

Good point. I should have said, "characters from animated films." The "characters" you mention are integral to the theming, and really help make the place unique.
But I agree. The tiki characters are also a huge hit with my kids. They like the Disney character touches and fight over the Lilo bed. But they call it the "Tiki Hotel" and their favorite thing is the splash area with those tiki statues spraying water.

_caleb

But I agree. The tiki characters are also a huge hit with my kids. They like the Disney character touches and fight over the Lilo bed. But they call it the "Tiki Hotel" and their favorite thing is the splash area with those tiki statues spraying water.
I agree. I was thinking of the tikis and such, but the little, hidden characters (in the pull-out beds, for example), are nice touches for kids.

Goofnut1980

I wonder what every thinks on how long it will take the parks to get back to the old-normal "no slow season" and the parks always being busy. Or do you think we will have a while before that happens?
TDO obviously doesn't think their hotels will filled up with all of the opening delays.

RollerCoaster

is kona staying open etc?.... Im thinking ohana might be gone for good as we knew it.

Good riddance to Ohana. Someone at Disney should've put one of those skewers into this glutton paradise a long time ago. I know for those who like to overindulge on food that's only fit for a pig trough this is likely going to be traumatic news. However, when your dog turns their nose at the leftovers you quickly learn what they served isn't fit for human consumption.

Riverrafter21

Good riddance to Ohana. Someone at Disney should've put one of those skewers into this glutton paradise a long time ago. I know for those who like to overindulge on food that's only fit for a pig trough this is likely going to be traumatic news. However, when your dog turns their nose at the leftovers you quickly learn what they served isn't fit for human consumption.

Hmm...well that pig trough seems to be quite popular. If only we all had your unreasonably high standards to save us from gluttonous shame. :rolleyes:

MrHappy

Whoa whoa whoa! Just wait right there young man!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The Poly doesn't need another refurb. It gets a refurb about every 5 years or so... Why not put some money into making other resorts better. The All Star Resorts need refurbs desperately.
By the way when they finish All Star Music and Sports, every Moderate and Value will have been renovated in the las 4 years. It’s resorts like Poly, Contemporary, and GF that have now been waiting the longest.

LittleBuford

This is simply not true. EPCOT Center was a popular and profitable endeavor. The failure of EPCOT Center is a lie propagated to justify the ousting of Ron Miller.

Unless I'm mistaken, the peak attendance year was 1987, after which the numbers dipped. That doesn't make EPCOT a failure, of course, but it does suggest that the masses didn't take to it in quite the same way as they did to the Magic Kingdom.

MerlinTheGoat

Unless I'm mistaken, the peak attendance year was 1987, after which the numbers dipped. That doesn't make EPCOT a failure, of course, but it does suggest that the masses didn't take to it in quite the same way as they did to the Magic Kingdom.
Here's a monorail ride from 1989 showing an extremely packed Future World.

ALL of the classic Future World attractions are operating here, they're among the highest capacity rides Disney ever built. Yet they still commanded lines out the door. I myself visited numerous times in the early-mid 90s and will attest that these sorts of crowds still existed then as well.

LittleBuford

Here's a monorail ride from 1989 showing an extremely packed Future World.

ALL of the classic Future World attractions are operating here, they're among the highest capacity rides Disney ever built. Yet they still commanded lines out the door. I myself visited numerous times in the early-mid 90s and will attest that these sorts of crowds still existed then as well.

I said nothing to suggest that it wasn’t busy. I made a very precise observation and stand by it.

Smiley/OCD

So, I take it you didn't like your meal there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom