Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxysEdge

I couldn't think of anything, so here are some FO troops, still sleeping...

troopers3.png

Magic Feather

Great, so not only do I have to have a E-Vac to check off on this ride, We now have a Lord of the Rings Extended Edition type situation here where theoretically you could experience all of these extended sequences if you are lucky. The pacing of the story would become a mess but it would be interesting...
Usually these types of cascades happen when one of the unload stations is having an issue. It can be technical, a seatbelt that isn’t unbuckling, or even just people unloading very slowly.

Rteetz

I wonder if the powers that be regret integrating Boyega into the attraction so heavily.

John Boyega says Star Wars character was sidelined because of race
http://news.sky.com/story/john-boye...racter-was-sidelined-because-of-race-12061696

I doubt he will be on the Christmas card list.

Part of a larger article.

Why would they regret integrating Boyega? Because he spoke out?

Its no secret that the sequel trilogy had its issues and division among fans. Its also not a secret that his role along with others in the films sort of became less large. Part of that could be race but I don't think thats the sole issue either. The script changes, director changes, and everything behind the scenes likely played a role too.

_caleb

Jones14

I wonder if the powers that be regret integrating Boyega into the attraction so heavily.

John Boyega says Star Wars character was sidelined because of race
http://news.sky.com/story/john-boye...racter-was-sidelined-because-of-race-12061696

I doubt he will be on the Christmas card list (I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with his opinion)
Probably not, I’d guess. Star Wars has already pivoted to focus on Mandalorian and High Republic, so if this sours their relationship then they’ll just refrain from reaching out to him again for any future projects. If anything, his prominence in the ride is a benefit to them given that one of his grievances is POC characters being sidelined.

Unless they’re planning on a public apology to save face then they’ll probably just let it lie or reach out to him privately.

_caleb

Already said he doesn't want one.
Yeah, I've read that. But if they were to respond with something like, "You know what? You're right. And we're sorry. Come help us set an example of a better way to develop characters of color by producing and starring in your very own Disney+ series," I could see him changing his mind.

But Disney probably won't respond at all, much less with something like that.

SWGalaxysEdge

Probably not, I’d guess. Star Wars has already pivoted to focus on Mandalorian and High Republic, so if this sours their relationship then they’ll just refrain from reaching out to him again for any future projects. If anything, his prominence in the ride is a benefit to them given that one of his grievances is POC characters being sidelined.

Unless they’re planning on a public apology to save face then they’ll probably just let it lie or reach out to him privately.

One thing - they could fairly easily replace his 2 AA's with different heads, then just re-record audio and the few screen scenes he was in can be re-shot. I don't care either way, just pointing out that it would not be too hard to replace his presence in the attraction.

Movielover

Usually these types of cascades happen when one of the unload stations is having an issue. It can be technical, a seatbelt that isn’t unbuckling, or even just people unloading very slowly.

So what you are saying is I need to get a group of elderly people, have them sabotage their restraints, then time it out so that they get stuck at unload just as my transport starts it journey...

giphy.gif

Can't wait! Maybe release a version that has audio so we can listen? Please :angelic:
I would pay so much for narrated versions of @marni1971 videos so I could just listen to them at work!

HairyChest

Let’s just get Lucas in to do his sequel trilogy and all will be well. I believe he will make decisions based on what the story dictates rather than what the woke requirements are. Just give me a star wars that takes me away for two and a half hours and makes me feel good as the movies once did. It’s what we all need. I miss the theater :/
(And once it proves lucrative, Bob can happily add the classic Characters to the theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom