Adios Fast and Furious

Disneyhead'71

Turn it into...

"A Long Strange Trip featuring The Grateful Dead".

Featuring the iconic music of The Grateful Dead, relive the Summer of Love on a psychedelic journey from Golden Gate Park to the edges of the Cosmos.

JoeCamel

Turn it into...

"A Long Strange Trip featuring The Grateful Dead".

Featuring the iconic music of The Grateful Dead, relive the Summer of Love on a psychedelic journey from Golden Gate Park to the edges of the Cosmos.
I'm all for that. Party favors included for a slight upcharge?

UNCgolf

The Sid and Marty Krofft theme park that opened in Atlanta in 1976 didn't even last six months before closing entirely.

There was a Hard Rock park in Myrtle Beach that was open for just over 6 months before closing. It reopened without the Hard Rock name and most of the rock theming/licensing for another few months a year later, then shut down permanently.

The original park was themed to different eras/types of rock music and some of the rides actually had the involvement of/licenses by bands, like Led Zeppelin and the Eagles. There was a Nights in White Satin dark ride that was apparently quite good.

Disneyhead'71

There was a Hard Rock park in Myrtle Beach that was open for just over 6 months before closing. It reopened without the Hard Rock name and most of the rock theming/licensing for another few months a year later, then shut down permanently.

The original park was themed to different eras/types of rock music and some of the rides actually had the involvement of/licenses by bands, like Led Zeppelin and the Eagles. There was a Nights in White Satin dark ride that was apparently quite good.
I went to both The World of Sid and Marty Croft and Hard Rock Park. The Nights in White Satin ride was well done and pretty trippy.

What is interesting about having been to The World of Sid and Marty Kroft and then later touring CNN is that most of the studios that CNN has were the large rooms the pinball dark ride and a few of the theaters were in.

KrazyKat

Rix Flix is saying the rumor is that the attraction will be extended with additional new scenes being added and based more on the Rock’s character, Hobbs. One of the biggest complaints is that it is way too short.

lebeau

Rix Flix is saying the rumor is that the attraction will be extended with additional new scenes being added and based more on the Rock’s character, Hobbs. One of the biggest complaints is that it is way too short.

Rix Flix's sources are just front line team members. He has no real inside info.

I am trying to remember if Rick has ever been right about anything... He makes up a lot of his rumors. Most recently he was on about a complete rebuild of The Mummy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am trying to remember if Rick has ever been right about anything... He makes up a lot of his rumors. Most recently he was on about a complete rebuild of The Mummy.

Because of this thread, I checked his videos out. He's mostly repeating what was found on sites like this.

Of note was this big rumor he received that he said he's not going to reveal until he can corroborate it. It turns out, it was that HHN was going to be cancelled.

So, in the next week's video, he says he checked his sources, which he said were Team/Cast Members and some park managers who said that HHN was *not* being cancelled. And so, he definitively declared that HHN was not going to be cancelled.

Oops.

lebeau

Because of this thread, I checked his videos out. He's mostly repeating what was found on sites like this.

Of note was this big rumor he received that he said he's not going to reveal until he can corroborate it. It turns out, it was that HHN was going to be cancelled.

So, in the next week's video, he says he checked his sources, which he said were Team/Cast Members and some park managers who said that HHN was *not* being cancelled. And so, he definitively declared that HHN was not going to be cancelled.

Oops.
I think Rix Flix is feeling picked on. You notice in his latest video, he mentions, about 100 times, these are only rumors.
Asking that no one react to them too much. I wonder if he means us?

I gave up on Rick. Had a bad experience that soured me on him. Won't watch his channel any more.

JoeCamel

Oops.
In this atmosphere of twisted words on the national stage I could make a case that HHN is just postponed til next year not cancelled but I won't.
I never watched this guy and don't think I'll start now.

trr1

In this atmosphere of twisted words on the national stage I could make a case that HHN is just postponed til next year not cancelled but I won't.
I never watched this guy and don't think I'll start now.
I watch Tim and Rick its entertainment and I can see the parks, I ignore the rumors

KrazyKat

I agree most of these vloggers are usually full of it but it was an interesting one that adds up with the unpopularity of this attraction to possibly make it better. I was hoping The Mummy rumor was true but nope!

lebeau

I watch Tim and Rick its entertainment and I can see the parks, I ignore the rumors

The only reason I ever watch YouTubers is the views of the parks. Tim and Rick are massive dorks in different ways. Considering what they do, they are both remarkably uninformed a lot of the time.

Tim, to me, seems like a genuinely nice dork. I don't get that feeling from Rick. For the most part, the actual vloggers are easily ignored and you can fast forward past them if they decide to monologue for a while. Since Rick rubbed me the wrong way, I don't want to support his channel. Fortunately, I can get footage of the park elsewhere.
I agree most of these vloggers are usually full of it but it was an interesting one that adds up with the unpopularity of this attraction to possibly make it better. I was hoping The Mummy rumor was true but nope!

Alicia at Orlando ParkStop provides reliable news and rumors. She doesn't post nearly as often. Tim and Rick post just about daily. It's obvious they load up their equipment and go to the parks a couple/few times a week. Usually their preparation seems to consist of a quick check of social media and a vague idea of topics they might cover. Lots of times, it's just "let's see what's new at Park X" or "I hear there's some new treats at "Park Y". Tim is much more likely to sample food at the parks than Rick. Rick seems to be on a budget.

Tom Morrow

The only reason I ever watch YouTubers is the views of the parks. Tim and Rick are massive dorks in different ways. Considering what they do, they are both remarkably uninformed a lot of the time.
For Tim this is part of his “act”. By playing dumb and uninformed (or choosing to stay relatively uninformed) he doesn’t risk sounding like a know-it-all and/or spreading false information. That is why many people who otherwise hate Vloggers find Tim likable.

edit: that and he’s generally upbeat and pleasant.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom